• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Parcells turns down Falcons, considers Dolphins

GST

Quick, which team last enjoyed a playoff victory... a Bill Parcells coached team or the Atlanta Hawks?

Rise Up and celebrate the Highlight Factory.. the Hawks have had more recent success than that fossil, Parcells.

No doubt Parcells leaked the story to up the ante from the Dolphins. Blank keeps getting played and humiliated publicly. He needs to go a hide in his estate for a few days before he becomes the laughingstock of the yacht club.

Quote:

Quick, which team last enjoyed a playoff victory... a Bill Parcells coached team or the Atlanta Hawks?

Rise Up and celebrate the Highlight Factory.. the Hawks have had more recent success than that fossil, Parcells.

No doubt Parcells leaked the story to up the ante from the Dolphins. Blank keeps getting played and humiliated publicly. He needs to go a hide in his estate for a few days before he becomes the laughingstock of the yacht club.

Parcells can barely breathe. We dodged a bullet on this one. Really though, He probably had no intention of coming here. The Falcons need to sit back and really think about this now.

Very true. One more mistep and Blank looks like the fool for sure. None of the names the AJC mentioned today jumped out at me.

"Blank has told Rich McKay that he’s done calling the shots. That’s a start. But the owner needs to step back and understand that there are several potential general managers capable of fixing this mess. Floyd Reese (formerly of Tennessee), Tom Donohoe (Pittsburgh and Buffalo), even Billy Devaney (Falcons assistant GM) come to mind."

and

"Also, Ron Wolf disciple Reggie McKenzie, the Green Bay Packers' director of pro personnel, could emerge. McKenzie was a finalist for the general manager jobs in Houston and Tennessee last season.

Jeff Ireland, Dallas' vice president of college and pro scouting, was going to be a candidate for the general manager job if Parcells had come to Atlanta and still may be under consideration."

Learning such tough lessons has to be difficult, but learning them with the press hounding him must be excrutiating.

• Admin

I mean seriously, he was either playing us all along to get more money somewhere else or once they found out he was on the market, they offered him more money and like the scumbag he is, he tried to come back to Blank and get even more, after already agreeing in principle.

I wish festering boils and an epic case of the crabs on him...

Parcells has been a good friend of Wayne Huizenga for many years and would have taken the job with Miami two weeks ago if it hadn't been for the fact that Huizenga was very active in talks to sell the team to multiple parties. Why would Parcells have wanted to sign then? I don't think that Parcells is the bad guy here at all because it was Wayne who got the word to Parcells that he had decided to keep the team and the original offer was still on the table and it was a no brainer for Parcells to accept. He is comfortable with the AFC East with numerous former coaches in the division, he will work for an owner who isn't afraid to spend whatever it takes and most importantly won't get in the way of Parcells doing what he wants to do with the coaches and personnel. This also gives Parcells the opportunity to get his son in law (Scott Pioli) down to Miami to be the general manager which is an opportunity that is long overdue for him. I understand why you guys are mad about this but don't think that Parcells was running back and forth using the Falcons as leverage to get a better deal with Miami because that's just not true at all.

• Admin

BS, save your Miami fanboyness. When was this mystery miami offer announced? I don't remember hearing or reading about it and I'm pretty sure that news would have been as widely circulated as the Falcons was.

He was out telling people he was taking the Atlanta job and then turns and goes the other way after this sudden and mysterious Miami job pops up. When he goes out and tells reporters he's taking the job and then goes the other way, it's foolish to sit there and say he wasn't playing both sides. Arthur Blank made it more than clear that he tried that and Arthur wasn't going to get used by the fat ass gas bag any more than he already had. He's a scumbag and a liar and I wish nothing but bad things upon him and that team.

Save you Falcons fanboyness at the same time then. I don't expect you to have followed the Parcells rumors with Miami the past few weeks but I even made a long post about him in Miami last week after I had heard the rumors of him being interested in Miami. It's truly sad to see you so scorned by this and I find it nothing less than hilarious that you are so worked up over what this "fat ass gas bag scumbag liar" has done because if he truly is all of those things that you mentioned why on earth would you want him in Atlanta? You are acting like a guy who got turned down for the prom by the girl of his dreams and then talked smack about your lack of interest in her afterwards.

• Moderators

He clearly was using the Falcons for leverage. He publically told the press not that he was an Atlanta Falcon but that he was "probably" going to take the job. This was intended to send a message to the Dolphins that they needed to step up to the plate to get him or prepare to lose him to Atlanta.

Naturally, this worked out just as he desired as the Dolphins made the assurances he wanted to hear and he then reneged on the agreement in principle that was just waiting to be signed into a contract in Atlanta.

If Parcells hadn't done this to Atlanta, Tampa Bay and several other teams in the past I would give him the benefit of the doubt but this is just the latest instance of him using teams like the Falcons to put pressure on another franchise to get whatever he wanted.

What I don't get is how you guys don't seem to understand that he really was interested in the Falcons job and was ready to accept it. Can you imagine if it had been a bluff by him and he ended up with the Falcons when he didn't want to be there?

I also don't understand how anyone can sit on their high horse and pretend like they would never reneg on accepting a job if a better opportunity came up to work with someone who you already had a relationship with. Maybe Parcells was trying to get Miami to make things right for him but I doubt it. It's like money, power, etc were ever an issue. It was all about he didn't want to go to Miami without Huizenga being the owner and that was seriously in flux until Miami finally got a win and Huizenga realized that maybe selling the franchise wasn't such a bright idea and yeah I bet he got worried when he heard that Parcells was taking the Falcons job but whether or not Parcells was interested in any other job.

• Admin

He is because of what he did. A rapist isn't a rapist until he rapes someone.. Parcells didn't show what kind of man he is, or lack thereof, until he announced to the world that he was going to take a job and used another team to try and get himself more. Sure that's perfectly acceptable in our society these days, but it doesn't make him any less of a scum bag.

and yes, that's exactly what I am. I know what he would have done for our franchise and he screwed us. He showed his true colors, much like Petrino did. I'm pissed off about it, because he screwed my team, but I'm not upset beyond that because I now see what kind of half-man he is. He's low character.

And you can say you were talking about it weeks ago, but ESPN sure wasn't, or any other major news outlet. Parcell's going to a team in any role would be major sports news and as someone who watches and listens to sports all day, every day, I never heard a single word about it.

• Admin

Accepting one job in principle and then changing your mind isn't the problem. The problem is when you go to the media and announce to the world what you're intentions are simply to buy yourself leverage. That's low rent, scumbagness.

Blank's statement afterwards makes it quite clear that if Blank had upped his offer, he likedly would have stayed with Atlanta unless Miami offered more. It went something like this:

Bill came to us at the last minute and said he was now considering an offer from the Dolphins, at which point negotiations broke down.

To me I take that to mean "Miami had made him and offer and he came to us at the last minute to see if we would beat that offer and I'm sick of being used by these people so I told him beat it".

• Moderators

Quote:

The problem is when you go to the media and announce to the world what you're intentions are simply to buy yourself leverage.

That is clearly what happened here. The only reason you go to the press and announce that you are "probably" going to take a job is to scare someone else into doing something. Otherwise, you announce you are taking the job.