• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Can.....

Diesel

Quote:

Does anybody think Woody is worthy of an extension?

2 years of rebuilding.

1 year of injury.

This year, Hawks winning big games...

I'll say if we can improve our road record, Woody may make his value higher.

At this rate he will get a contract. I say, unless Woody's personality conflicts with BK and/or Joe and becomes problematic, he should be without a doubt awarded a new contract.

• Premium Member

I don't think Woody is the best coach in the world and may not be the best coach for the Job... BUT...

IF you consider the excuses and you see the way the team plays...

You have to realize that he will be the Cheapest coach we could find, BK would still choose him, AND keeping him will give this young team some continuity.

• Admin

it was a big game for us, to move over .500 for the first time in nearly a decade, but it wasn't a big game beyond that. Miami stinks this season, they aren't just a good team that hasn't put it together yet. They are flat out a bad team.

I wonder if we could get Shaq from them from filler and maybe a pick?

• Premium Member

I agree that Miami kinda sucks...

But it was a chance to see how we stack up against a team with a good big and a bonafide superstar Sg.

I do hold the win over Utah with more regard..

however, the way we played both games (mature) is pleasing and gives us hope.

Quote:

it was a big game for us, to move over .500 for the first time in nearly a decade, but it wasn't a big game beyond that. Miami stinks this season, they aren't just a good team that hasn't put it together yet. They are flat out a bad team.

Miami started playing better beating the Suns, Clips and Minny. going toe-to-toe with Indy.

The game last night showed the Hawks against a Superstar playing at his best willing his team to victory being denied. It was a major effort by Wade, Riley and the Heat last night. Miami didn't stink last night they played well, especially Wade.

So the hawks didn't just beat a sorry team. Miami brought enough to win.

I think it's way too early to say. Even just looking at the next 5 games, it's likely we lose 3 or 4 outta the five, that will get us thinking again that it's Woody's fault.

Further, it's likely we slide into one of the last two playoff slots and then get raped by either Boston or Detroit. That will also make us think new Coach.

I think it takes a top 6th seed in the playoffs and a good playoff showing to keep Woody here myself if I were GM. If we make it to the playoffs, we should have pretty much our pick of coaches wanting to work with our young roster.

Quote:

Wow...could you imagine a Shaq coming here motivated to show he shouldn't have been traded? He'd probably look 28 again.

• Moderators

No way should Woody be given an extension right now. Wait until the end of the season and take a look at the big picture and where the team is then.

Remember that the Knicks were so happy with Isiah Thomas' coaching that they extended him during the season and then proceeded to miss the playoffs and show how big a mistake that extension was.

Quote:

Quote:

Wow...could you imagine a Shaq coming here motivated to show he shouldn't have been traded? He'd probably look 28 again.

Since he is making about 30 mil that would be a lot of filler..lol