• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Anyone think the Celtics can win 70games??

Blunt91

2 months into the season and the Celtics only have 1 loss. I think that they could possibly end up winning 70games or close to it. It's not necessarily that they are a great team it's just that the NBA doesn't have alot of good teams as a whole. There really isn't but about 3 Elite teams Spurs,Celtics & Pistons. Everyone else is either pretty good, average or awful.

Unless 1 or more of the big 3 go down for a a substantial amount of time There's no way they don't win at least 65games.

Quote:

2 months into the season and the Celtics only have 1 loss.

Actually they have 3 losses.

They will have to stay completely healthy to have a chance to win 70. If any of their starters go down they are pretty much screwed.

Their schedule has been very easy so far.

• Admin

I don't think so because there are enough teams that are better than them that they won't win 70, not to mention the games they will lose to bad teams. They've yet to play San Antonio, Pheonix, or Dallas, all of which are better IMO. I think Detroit is a better team and Orlando obviously matches up well with them. I'd say they'll end up low 60's, because as the season wears on teams will learn to play them better. other teams will also improve and I'm not sure Boston is really going to get any better than they are, considering the lack of depth and set rotations they have there's not a lot of room for younger guys to step up, which is where the improvement usually comes from.

Quote:

I don't think so because there are enough teams that are better than them that they won't win 70, not to mention the games they will lose to bad teams. They've yet to play San Antonio, Pheonix, or Dallas, all of which are better IMO. I think Detroit is a better team and Orlando obviously matches up well with them. I'd say they'll end up low 60's, because as the season wears on teams will learn to play them better. other teams will also improve and I'm not sure Boston is really going to get any better than they are, considering the lack of depth and set rotations they have there's not a lot of room for younger guys to step up, which is where the improvement usually comes from.

I don't agree that the Suns are the better team. They aren't even close to being as good as they were. The defense continues to get worse and they don't seem to shoot the 3 ball like they did before. It doesn't really matter if they have more depth on paper because Mike doesn't or hasn't used a deep bench in the past.

Dallas has had some periods where they haven't looked that great either. I'd say they're a half step worse than they were a year ago. I would say Detroit and Orlando are better than they were.

Overall, I'll say that SA and Detroit are the only teams better than Boston. I don't believe in PHX. They couldn't get over the hump before and now they appear to be worse. Boston is a 98PPG scoring team and a 90PPG defensive team. They're ability to play defense puts them better than PHX.

SA has had a rough streak lately, but like NE you know they will be there at the end because they've done it so many times before over the last 10 years. I should say that you can't totally count on Detroit though after they lost to that inferior Cleveland team last year.