• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Who is down with Woody?

Brotha2ThaNite

I know I may sound like another crazed fan who yells , "Fire the Coach" after every lost up intil this year I have been a big BK and Woody fan.

How could anyone continue to support our coaching staff? You look at our last two games. Our best PG gets ejected... He names Law as the starter but Lue ends up with the most minutes. I guess everyone is HAPPY that way. J-Smoove is having the game of his life and Woody makes sure he doesn't get any looks in the 2nd half. Oh, and when I'm going back over the game I notice we did not score on 3 trips when Law touch the ball. All others we scored. Yet Woody gives Lue all the minutes and the play of the PG takes the blame for the lost.

In todays game Lue is on fire in the first half... what does Woody do??? He takes Lue out, I'm guessing due to match up problems. I can understand if Lue went cold but at the time he took him out Lue had made his last three shots. I'm like WTF!!!

We go to the 2nd half... Here is when your rookie PG gets his game on after hitting a big 3 Law is running our offense very well. He gets like 4 assists, 3 rebounds and 5 points. What does your coach do? The only thing he is good at, takes Law out, slowing down the offense. We were up by 4.

You guys can make up all the fantasy trades but we are not going any where with this coach and the Blazers' coach showed us today.

I stopped giving Woodson a free pass last year. There was some talk on here a month or so ago about him being coach of the year or giving him props for finally getting it right. I couldn't jump on that bandwagon so soon. I wanted to see him carry the good coaching throughout the season. He has not been able to do it so far.

I don't think anybody hs ever been down with Woody. It's just that you can't blame him for stupid player mistakes that cost us games.

Today, he trusted T-Lue a little bit too long. Lue played a great offensive game, but was giving it right back to Portland either with poor man defense, or poor awareness on the pick and roll. With the all-around game that Law was having, he should've gotten him back in the game at the 6 minute mark, not with less than 4 minutes left. And even at that point, he put Chill in, and not Law.

The moved worked defensively and got us back in the game. If done sooner, we might've won.

Law finished with 7 points, 5 rebounds ( more than Marvin or Chill got ) and 5 assists. I wonder what his +/- rating was tonight?

If you saw the game on league pass and got the Blazer telecast like I did they said the Blazer offensive strategy was to throw it to whoever Lue was guarding and let them go one on one. They were scared of Lue's shooting as well. With Lue you gotta take the good with the bad until AJ gets back.

Northcyde,

Law was +5, good for second highest on the team for the game (Joe Johnson with +6). Acie played 20 minutes and had 5 assists to ZERO turnovers. Again, ZERO turnovers and 5 assists in just 20 minutes. He was 3-4 from the field and hit his only 3 pointer. Lue, as great as his 18 pts were, it is no surprise he ended up -8. Go friggin figure. And he played 25 minutes...

*Sigh*

I'm over it. I'm not down on Woody I'm over and out with him. Is the Spirit don't do something, anything soon . . . . they are making a grave mistake.

They pulled the plugged on the Thrasher's coach and turned the season around. Hope they didn't use up all their balls on that move becasue they need to cut Woody loose.

Quote:

I'm over it. I'm not down on Woody I'm over and out with him. Is the Spirit don't do something, anything soon . . . . they are making a grave mistake.

They pulled the plugged on the Thrasher's coach and turned the season around. Hope they didn't use up all their balls on that move becasue they need to cut Woody loose.

Ahmen, brother.

Umfortunately, IMO, that the Spirit has its hands more tied by Belkin in matters with the Hawks than with the Thrashers.