The DDT (Diesel's Daily Trade)....

Diesel

• Premium Member

For discussion for Hawks fans everywhere:

Nazr/#37 to Orlando for Declerq/Sasser/#15.

Here's the deal.

Orlando needs a C.

Orlando can pick up a PG in the FA pool... Probably Kenny Anderson.

Nazr gives them everything they need in a C. They also might get a shot at Lang with our 2nd rounder.

We need Diaw.

I think if we get #15 we put ourselves in a better position to get him and another athlete.

In Diesel's Draft, the Hawks select:

The Hawks select Diaw at 15

and hope for Collison or Baby Shaq (in that order) by 21.

In Diesel's offseason, resign Glover. Resign JT.

Probably lineup:

JT/Sasser/Dickau

Diaw/Glover

Grob/CC

SAR/Hendu/Declerq

Theo/Baby Shaq

This leaves no secret to where we are heading... More athletic.

"Nazr/#37 to Orlando for Declerq/Sasser/#15."

Nazr for Declerq is a wash... they see them as equals. If they do see Nazr better, they prob throw in a 2nd rounder.

37th pick for Sasser + 15th? id be all up in this trade.

Orlando would want our first rounder...

• Premium Member

R U On Bizzaro world?

Declerq is NO Where equal to Nazr.... Nowhere.

If Declerq is so good, why did Rivers and Gabby go out and get Kemp? Getting Kemp last year was a desperation move. Because Declerq SUCKS.

In this universe. No one is DYING TO HAVE MOHAMMED, if so-he would have been traded a while ago for a SG that can shoot the ball and help JT out a little.

If MOHAMMED was a MAGIC, do u think their BIG MEN problems are all solved? Right now, the MAGIC would like help at center and pg... i believe they are going with a pg in the draft because of the lack of good quality big men in this years draft.

If MOHAMMED was a MAGIC last year, they would have still picked up KEMP.

Mohammed- 12.7 mpg, .421 fg%, 4.6 ppg, 3.70 rpg, .2 apg, +5.71 EFF

DeClercq- 17.2 mpg, .534 fg%, 4.7 ppg, 4.40 rpg, .7 apg, +7.53 EFF

Yes DIESEL... im so sorry... wat on world was i thinking? Mohammed is CLEARLY the better player. Who on earth would take DECLERQ when MOHAMMED is averaging better numbers in every statistical category?

Not to mention, height and weight... almost identical. They are CARBON COPIES of each other. Mohammed- slightly better rebounder, DeClearcq- slightly better scorer

You cant use last years #'s when Nazr was playing injured for almost the entire season. A clear comparison would be the year before when Nazr was healthy and was our starting center and he aveaged about 12/8 right? Ask yourself whether or not you would trade Nazr straight up for Declerq......because I know for [censored] sure that I wouldnt. Nazr's value is down right now (and especially to us Hawks fans) because of being on a bad team and having a bad year due to injuries, but he is still young (NBA experience wise) and should only get better, whereas Declerq has most likely reached his max potential.

• Premium Member

As a starter for us, Nazr was a 12/8 C. Do you know how much Doc River would kill to get that kind of production from any of his Cs? And Nazr is capable of Better. We kept Nazr as Insurance for Theo. Insurance we didn't use. Unfortunately with injury, Nazr's season went to waste... Otherwise (hotlanta) he would have been traded.

http://www.gomemphis.com/mca/grizzlies/article/0,1426,MCA_475_1999013,00.html

In reply to:

Atlanta needs a true point guard and a better pick than No. 21 overall. The Griz could send Knight and the 13th pick to the Hawks in exchange for second-round picks and six-year veteran center Nazr Mohammed, who averaged 12 points, nine rebounds and a block in his best season (2000-01).

I haven't heard anybody talking about Declerq... Especially not for a first rounder?

http://www.sportingnews.com/voices/fans_view/20020917.html

In reply to:

So, in the most unlikely of scenarios, two down-and-out teams can solve each other's problems and make each other conference contenders for years to come. Quite simply, the Hawks should trade Theo Ratliff and Nazr Mohammed for Michael Olowokandi, Marko Jaric and one of the Clips' power forward rookies (Melvin Ely or Chris Wilcox).

The fallout of the trade would be that the Hawks could stop shopping Jason Terry, they would have a consistent, if pricey, defensive center in Olowokandi, and they could maintain depth at the power forward and center positions by getting Ely or Wilcox from the Clippers.

At the time, this was a reasonable trade.

The point is that even after an injury plagued season, Nazr still has value. Nobody cares if Declerq retires.

Declerq last year was a contract year. He still sucked.

• Premium Member

No one would argue that a healthy Nazr is better than a healthy DeClercq. But look at how often Nazr has been injured. Nazr played

98-99 26 games

99-00 28 games

00-01 58 games

01-02 82 games

02-03 35 games

He's played more than half the season in only 2 of 5 seasons.

As far as stats, both guys are averaging about 17 mins./game over their careers. Both are listed at Espn as 6-10, 250ish.

Nazr's career avgs. - 46% FG, .6 blocks, 5.1 rebs., 6.5 pts.

DeClercq's avgs. - 51% FG, .5 blocks, 4.2 rebs., 5.1 pts.

Not a considerable difference, and although Nazr IS the better player, you can only tell by their "career" years:

Nazr (01-02): 26.4 mins/game, 9.7 ppg, 8.0 rebs., 46% FG.

DeClercq (99-00): 22.3 mins/game, 6.6 ppg, 5.4 rebs., 51% FG.

In my book, DeClercq is worth ~1.5-2M/yr., Nazr ~2.5-3M. Both are grossly overpaid, but, hey, they're big men...

Nazr only played in so few games early in his career. It wasnt because of injury (if memory serves) it was because of being behind Theo, T-Macc, and Hill on the depth chart and maybe even more. Plus when he first came into the league he was overweight. To label him as an injury prone player as some have done is completely wrong. When he has gotten a legit opportunity to show off his skills he has been a very productive, if unspectacular, player. In my mind he is easily twice as valuable as Declerq and the fact that the Magic were considering trading Mike Miller straight up for Nazr should tell you something about him. In fact, if Nazr hadnt been hurt I think we would have seen that trade go down, or a slight variation of it.

I am concerned over his foot injuries the last year and

a half.Healthy he's tons more talented than Andrew.The

guy could possibly average a double double if you give

him 33MPG or so....

[censored] it... i give up...

how about we settle it like this... Nazr Mohammed is slightly better than Andrew DeClercq.

As for the rumors, they are only rumors... whether or not a Mike Miller for Nazr Mohammed trade was up in the air should not even be used to support ur decision (whos better- nazr or andrew)... heres why

1)thats like saying Vlade is a very good center because he was traded for Kobe. I guess Will Purdue must be a goodass center if he was traded for Dennis Rodman. If Rodman is pulling 13+ rebounds per game, we know Purdue is just as good. I can keep going...

2)its just rumors like u said... like the SAR for IVERSON... just like that... we donno if its true