• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Diesel's trade of the Day.

Diesel

I'd also like to do...us get Shaq for a bag of potato chips and

a rack of basketballs....Oh and a Shaq pack from Burger King

would be a nice throw-in.We could even throw in Cal Bowdler

to fight for the starting job with Jaleni McCoy.

• Admin

I know the Suns need a center but they are not willing to give up their best player and future for him. Especially if the player is Nazr. Nazr is a good player, a good backup player. He is not their answer to center needs. To get Marion you would have to give up a lot more than what was offered. I can see them offering Penny for Nazr but I would not make that deal since Penny is so injury prone and a shell of his former self.

To trade for Marion, the Suns would want either an all star or a couple young and up and coming stars for him. That wouldn't happen from us. It was mentioned in this string that you would have to throw DJ in to the trade. I would do that but I still don't think that trade would be good enough (Nazr, DJ, draft pick) to get Marion into a Hawks uni.

• Premium Member

I honestly don't think that the suns will be able to keep Marion through his free agency. I think that his interest has fallen since the acquisition of Marbury.

I do agree though, Nazr wouldn't be enough.

Maybe some closer to:

Theo/CC/1st to Phoenix for Googs/Matrix.

I think this is more doable for them because they get rid of Goog's contract. It puts them in shape to go after Duncan... Plus, it gives them a draft pick.

Please not Googs......I would rather get Outlaw from them. I would give up Theo in a heartbeat to get Matrix, but I doubt that straight up he could get him with his value being low right now. I wonder if Theo/first could get him? Maybe Theo/Hendu for Matrix/Outlaw?

Let me get this straight. You would trade Theo/CC/#1 for Marion/Googs and yet you dogged Walter for proposing to trade Deke for Marion/Googs/Tsakalidis, despite the fact that Deke had already said that he was not going to resign with us? How can that be? It is essentially the same trade except it is Theo/#1 instead of Deke but in Walter's proposal, we at least got back a Center. If that's not bad enough, Deke was going to walk and we were going to get NOTHING!Please explain your logic here? When Walter proposed the trade, everyone suspected that Googs would not be the same after his surgery but now, it's CLEAR he's not the same player. His value is certainly no higher than it was back then. His trade back then was all about Marion just as yours is now.

I think you have sunk to the ultimate low in your quest to trade Theo. I think this is CLEAR evidence that you want to trade him at all costs. Why do you hate him so much? If Babs offered to trade him straight up for Clarence Weatherspoon, you would say that it was a good trade. I can't wait until he comes out healthy this season and becomes a force on the interior. It's going to make you sick and I'm going to love it!

As for Marion, the only player on our roster that would get him straight up is SAR and I wouldn't do that deal. They have no need for JT. Theo is a very good player but with his injury history, he's not worth Marion.

In the case of the Deke trade...

Had we traded, who would have been our C?

Let me see... SORRY a** Big Joke??? What has he done.

In this yrs version, we would have had the guy who has been our C for the last yr and 1/2... Nazr.

So with the Deke trade... We would have been left with Big Joke as a C and because we would have been SO high over the Cap, there would have been NO finding a FA C. So we would have gone through with NO C and no help until Googs Contract was up.

Now we have Nazr and Smith. Both guys I have some faith that they can be much better than they have shown. Especially Smith. Before,we would have had the contracts of: Googs, Hendu... weighing heavy on us. We would have had NO tradable players.

You figure out the difference.

and you already said you would be happy with him up front. Besides, it's not like Nazr is THAT much better than Big Jake. If we had Big Jake instead of Nazr, I'm not sure we're losing all that much.

We split two games with Phoenix last year. Look at the head to head matchups between NAZR and Big Jake last year.

Game 1:

Nazr - 30 min, 3/10 fgs, 8 pts, 9 bds

Jake - 29 min, 6/9 fgs, 15 pts, 8 bds

Game 2:

Nazr - 23 min, 2/6 fgs, 5 pts, 5 bds

Jake - 33 min, 4/9 fgs, 12 pts, 10 bds

Looks like Big Jake outplayed Nazr head to head in both games to me!

In addition, we signed Nazr to our mid level exception. We could have went after any number of Centers using that exception.

As far as tradeable players go, we still could have made the SAR deal. The only difference would be that we would have Googs/Tsakalidis instead of Nazr/Kukoc and there's not a whole lot of difference there. Of course we would have a guy by the name of Marion too, you know, the guy who was the whole reason for the proposal in the first place?

Big Jake will be better than Nazr next year.Big Jake averaged

12.4PPG 6.8RPG in April in about the smae MPG as Nazr gets....

Big Jake will be the better player next season.