• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Super Bowl Predictions

DJlaysitup

OK - I see it two ways:

My first scenario is NE 35 - NYG 21. I figure the Giants will break out on top and will make it a great game. Come late 3rd quarter the Patroits will catch them and pass them 28-21...then the Giants will have chances in the 4th quarter but in the end Ely will throw a pick and the Pats will get another TD to make it a two TD final score.

Scenario #2 for me: The Pats blow them out of the water 45-7.

So I'll stick with my first and say Pats +14.

I have a straw hat that is mostly edible fiber. If the Giants win I'll eat it eheheh.gif

The Pats are obviously the best team this year although I think a healthy Charger team may have had something to say about that. However I feel the best team ever talk associated with the Patriots IS A COMPLETE JOKE. They are nowhere near the best team ever. My prediction is prolly another 3 point sb win for the Pats just like their other 3 sb wins. I think the Giants can pull it off and will be rooting for them but the Pats will find a way to sqeak by. I just hope the officiating is at least close to being fair and not like that Raven game where the Pats streak was extended by what seemed to be a league agenda.

Giants win this one. I think Eli has more talent than his brother and based on the way the Giants played them in the first game I don't think it's unreasonable for them to win this one. Noone that has played the Patriots close the first time has had a second shot at them. I think the Patriots finally get exposed.

Quote:

Quote:

What about brains? He threw 23TD's to 20INT's this year.

I guess he got smarter in the playoffs. Smarter than even Tom Brady.

Should we just hand him an MVP award for having a few good games? When it comes to a point to where we can say Eli has had alot more good games than bad ones I'll give him some credit. QB's can give overrated very quickly in the NFL.

I remember when Steve McNair had a few decent seasons and then wrongly won a Co-MVP people started acting like he was the greatest thing since sliced bread when he was never anything more than a slightly above average QB.

He has had more good games than bad games in the NFL and no one is handing him anything, he's earned his turn in the Superbowl. And since Peyton is so great why don't you check his 4th year TD's and INT's. You would have wrote him off too I'm sure.

Quote:

He has had more good games than bad games in the NFL and no one is handing him anything, he's earned his turn in the Superbowl. And since Peyton is so great why don't you check his 4th year TD's and INT's. You would have wrote him off too I'm sure.

Eli hasn't even been a stable QB in his career yet. How many MVP's does he have? How many 25-40 TD's seasons has he had? How many times has he threw for 4,000 yards?

Shall we review his career numbers?

54.7%Pass complete 77TD 64INT 73.4passer rating.

No offense, but you don't have a leg to stand on in this argument.

Let's been honest, his been solid at managing the game in the playoffs, but his numbers aren't outstanding. 4 TD's in three playoff games isn't really overpowering. Stop acting like he's played lights out and lighting teams up. Eli has alot more to do before he can being mentioned with Peyton.

Moreover, about the Giants. We should also note that they caught Tampa Bay and Dallas when they were playing really crappy. Dallas ESP was playing bad

They barely got by Detroit, lost to Philly, barely beat Carolina and got thumped by Washington. For some reason it seemed like Dallas thought they had it won after they thumped Green Bay in week 13 and never played well after that.

The reason NY has a chance tonight is because NE hasn't really played all that great lately either. They have done enough to win the games, but they haven't had an impressive win since they beat Pittsburg.

Quote:

Eli hasn't even been a stable QB in his career yet. How many MVP's does he have? How many 25-40 TD's seasons has he had? How many times has he threw for 4,000 yards?

Not counting the last game vs New England and these playoffs I guess you're right. As far as the other stuff. MVP's and such. You got me. He's not exactly Steve McNair.

Quote:

Let's been honest, his been solid at managing the game in the playoffs, but his numbers aren't outstanding. 4 TD's in three playoff games isn't really overpowering. Stop acting like he's played lights out and lighting teams up. Eli has alot more to do before he can being mentioned with Peyton.

He's made plays when they counted. That's what he's done. That's what the best quarterbacks do. As far as Peyton. I remember a time when people thought Peyton would never win a playoff game much less the superbowl. A few years ago he lost 41-0 to some team. He may not have the numbers but he's been in as many Superbowl as Peyton has.

Quote:

They barely got by Detroit, lost to Philly, barely beat Carolina and got thumped by Washington. For some reason it seemed like Dallas thought they had it won after they thumped Green Bay in week 13 and never played well after that.

Beat Detroit, beat Philly(same division so they play twice), beat Carolina, and beat Washington(same division).

Also, I could argue the Giants weren't playing their best when they played Dallas and Greenbay so what proof is that.

The reason NY has a chance tonight is because they played well and beat the three division leaders from the NFC on their way to this chance.

Quote:

He may not have the numbers but he's been in as many Superbowl as Peyton has.

So have Trent Dilfer and Stan Humphries.

Quote:

He's made plays when they counted. That's what he's done.

For a handful of games. Until the last few games he has been inconsistent.

Quote:

I remember a time when people thought Peyton would never win a playoff game much less the superbowl. A few years ago he lost 41-0 to some team.

And?

Quote:

Also, I could argue the Giants weren't playing their best when they played Dallas and Greenbay so what proof is that.

They were playing better than Dallas.

Quote:

The reason NY has a chance tonight is because they played well and beat the three division leaders from the NFC on their way to this chance.

IF NE were playing aswell as they were the first 11 weeks NY wouldn't stand a chance. Of course you could argue that a team might not ever play at that level again anytime soon.

Quote:

So have Trent Dilfer and Stan Humphries.

And Eli's better than them also.

Quote:

For a handful of games. Until the last few games he has been inconsistent.

Like I said. The ONES that counted. I mean, the Giants did go 10-6.

Quote:

I remember a time when people thought Peyton would never win a playoff game much less the superbowl. A few years ago he lost 41-0 to some team

Peyton Mannings stats at that point.

The point is you said I have no leg to stand on. Your leg is stats. When the colts went 6-10 and Peyton had 26 Td's and 23 Int. you probably would have traded him. The next year when he lost in a playoff game 41-0 surely you would have traded him. I'm basing my opinion off of actually watching Eli.

Quote:

And Eli's better than them also.

Most any above average QB is.

Quote:

Like I said. The ONES that counted. I mean, the Giants did go 10-6.

Sorry to tell you, but 10-6 is not an impressive record.

Quote:

The point is you said I have no leg to stand on. Your leg is stats. When the colts went 6-10 and Peyton had 26 Td's and 23 Int. you probably would have traded him. The next year when he lost in a playoff game 41-0 surely you would have traded him. I'm basing my opinion off of actually watching Eli.

You don't. Eli Manning hasn't proved anything. You have handed greatness to Eli when he hasn't earned it. He had a bad year, his playoff production isn't overwhelming. He doesn't appear to be overly talented at this point. He hasn't been very accurate overall in his career. He has never had a passer rating about 77.

You haven't shown one thing that proves Eli is better than Peyton. In fact, it's flat out stupid to say he is. He is not anywhere near as smart or accurate as Peyton is.

I've got an interesting stat for you:

Here are Eli's numbers in wins/losses this year.

Wins:

58.1%pass complete

11TD 11INT

74.1Passer rating

Losses:

53.8 Pass complete

12 TD 9INT's

73.6 passer rating

4th qtr.

55.7pass complete

8TD 6INT

74.3 passer rating

Not terrible, but not really all that impressive.

Other than numbers, Eli doesn't have the smarts, awareness,arm, and is not as quick getting rid of the ball.

What Peyton did or didn't do his first few years doesn't mean anything. He had to prove himself over a long period of time. Eli has to do the same thing. Having said that, it doesn't look like Eli has the skills to be Peyton's equal or better. He is going to have to do more than just manage games to be an elite QB. Right now he is NOT.