• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Article About the Hawks Possibly getting A. Miller

JackB1

I wish ownership would step up and make a financial committment like this. That is what it will take to resign Smith, Chills, AND trade off our expirings contracts for Miller's $11 mill comittment next year.

It will take a little luxury tax for the 08-09 season. We have like 6 owners......it can't be that bad when you are essentially dividing the luxury tax 6 ways.

Then Millers deal is over in time to re-up Marvin for the 2009-2010 season and hopefull by then Law is ready to be THE PG.

Quote:

Miller would certainly be a nice addition. I think the Hawks have to throw the 2010 1st round pick (w/some lotto protection) in there to make it work for the 76ers.

I wonder if he could be done without giving up anybody of value. I'd hate to trade Childress because he is so effective in his role. The Hawks already lack in depth enough. If this was ZaZa's last year under contract he would be perfect trade bait.

Actually, the article said the following trade works:

This trade works on the RealGM Trade Checker…

The Hawks receive:

Andre Miller

Herbert Hill

Louis Amundson

The Sixers receive:

Tyronn Lue

Lorenzen Wright

Salim Stoudemire

Solomon Jones

We should jump all over that.

Quote:

The Hawks receive:

Andre Miller

Herbert Hill

Louis Amundson

The Sixers receive:

Tyronn Lue

Lorenzen Wright

Salim Stoudemire

Solomon Jones

I don't know. Giving up Solomon Jones could be tough.

Quote:

The Hawks receive:

Andre Miller

Herbert Hill

Louis Amundson

The Sixers receive:

Tyronn Lue

Lorenzen Wright

Salim Stoudemire

Solomon Jones

Truth be told that it probably wouldn't manner. None of these guys have contributed to the team on a consistent basis. Anybody in the NBL or whatever it's called could give us just as much as these guys. I wonder if we could squeeze Shelden in place of Soloman somewhere.

Quote:

Quote:

The Hawks receive:

Andre Miller

Herbert Hill

Louis Amundson

The Sixers receive:

Tyronn Lue

Lorenzen Wright

Salim Stoudemire

Solomon Jones

Truth be told that it probably wouldn't manner. None of these guys have contributed to the team on a consistent basis. Anybody in the NBL or whatever it's called could give us just as much as these guys.

Hot, which players are you responding to specifically?

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

The Hawks receive:

Andre Miller

Herbert Hill

Louis Amundson

The Sixers receive:

Tyronn Lue

Lorenzen Wright

Salim Stoudemire

Solomon Jones

Truth be told that it probably wouldn't manner. None of these guys have contributed to the team on a consistent basis. Anybody in the NBL or whatever it's called could give us just as much as these guys.

Hot, which players are you responding to specifically?

Shelden, Lue, and Salim and Lo.

You know, the Hawks bench is as bad or worse than it was in the late 90's. One year Henry James was our 6th man. It doesn't get much worse than that. Other than that year, this is the weakest Hawk bench I can remember.

lol

it's looking very likely that we'll make the playoffs

we are only 3 below .500 (2 if we win the miami 54 seconds)

8th place is an astounding NINE games below .500 and 9th/10th are TEN games below .500

also, note that 9th is 20-30, so they have SIX more losses than us as well as 3 less wins

it's not even close right now

Quote:

web page

I don't know where this first line comes from???....

"The Hawks have hit a bump in the road and that once promising prospect of making the playoffs for the first time in a decade is looking unlikely."

Damn, this article was written by someone on Hawksquawk... other words - wishful thinking.

I thought you he has no clue about what the hawks are going to do. A waste of time brick%20wall.gif

luxury tax next year if we made a deal for Miller but it would require us going significantly over the cap to resign both Smoove and Chillz and that would take a signifcant financial commitment from the owners.

The reason we wouldn't HAVE to go over the luxury tax is that I am sure we could trade either Shelden or Zaza for an ending contract or a draft pick in a separate deal if necessary and that would allow us to allocate a combined $20M to resign Smoove and Chillz next year without going over the luxury tax. Our lineup could look something like this in 08-09:

JJ - $14.2M

Smoove - $12.5M (5 yr/$75M)

Miller - $10M

Chillz $7M (5 yr/$42M)

Speedy - $5.8M

Marvin - $5.6M

Horford - $4M

Zaza (or Shelden) - $4M

Acie - $2M

Solo - $.8M

That is $65.9M for 10 guys and it would likely leave us somewhere between $2-$5M to fill out or roster with minimum salaried guys so that we wouldn't exceed the luxury tax (This year's luxury tax threshold is $67.9M and it has gone up at least $2.4M every year over the last few years).

That said, going from a $55M payroll to $70M payroll is a signifcant investment and I haven't seen any evidence to suggest that this ownership group is willing to do that. In addition, taking Miller off the Sixers' hands could help them clear enough caproom to make a max, frontloaded offer to Smoove making us have to match an even bigger offer. We would also either have to exceed the luxury tax to sign both Smoove and Chillz or find a way to dump Zaza AND Shelden for ending contracts or picks. I am not sure I trust the ASC to be willing to deal with all that so I would be hesitant to deal for Miller.