• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Boris Diaw

I think most would like to have Ira back...assuming that the contract and duration is right. However, he's s true 3 (can do the 2 I guess, but it's really not his position) and playing behind GRob, thus limited minutes...so you can't afford to pay him that much...which is where the problem lies.

He's our best perimeter defender, a decent finisher, and had the best fg% on the team from 3pt (and maybe two, I forget)...but I just dont' know if he'll make it salary wise, esp. if we get Hayes, and perhaps even Diaw. It's simply that we have players at his best position that we can't do anything with (CC, GRob) and nothing against him personally at all.

I think that's another reason most want us to trade CC &

Big Dof if it is only for juture first rounders and someone

without a contract we can dump.

Ira is one of the best players Hawks have. We don't need

to loose him if we can afford to keep him.

• Premium Member

talking about "replacement" value...Diaw has more upside than Newble, and probably will be cheaper...If the Hawks get him, Newble will not be resigned.

BTW, he compares to Bruce Bowen. If that's the case, he would be well worth the pick at #21. An excellent contrast to Robinson (or Rice, for that matter).

"BTW, he compares to Bruce Bowen. If that's the case, he would be well worth the pick at #21. An excellent contrast to Robinson (or Rice, for that matter)."

If he can bring a 3 point shot like Bowen, that will be a huge plus. I just hope he doesn't exhibit his FT skills. But i think if we draft Diaw, that should light a fire under everybody. You got this foreign kid, who the front office is obviously interested in, that could eventually take someone's job. I think the guy will step up everybody's game a notch...

• Admin

He won't bring the 3 pt shot but he brings excellent ball handling and passing along with size and atheletizm to the backcourt. The things we need. We don't need another scorer...we need someone to share the ball handling with JT. Diau sounds like he fits our needs quite well.

Man you know how much I hope Ira comes back. With him and Diaw.....dannng! Now that would be a playoff team. Ira should be our small forward. As much as I want Ira back, I doubt he will be back because Kastan has not been talking about bringing him back at all. He has just talked about JT and Glover.