• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

ESPN: Ben Gordon on the block.

mrhonline

• Premium Member

I know many of you think he's a chucker, but I've often wondered how much of that has to do with Chicago's lack of go-to options. I've always been intrigued with the idea of putting him next to JJ, and letting him break down defenses.

If Chris Sheridan isn't high on crack, and Gordon is really this cheap (Rasual Butler????), you gotta look into it:

ESPN: Trade deadline countdown...

Quote:

The Chicago Bulls are being described as "all over the map" in their trade talks. In addition to trying to move Ben Wallace, one source said the Bulls are now "as open as they've ever been" to trading Ben Gordon. Discussions recently broke down between the Bulls and Hornets over a deal that would have sent shooter Rasual Butler to Chicago.

• Premium Member

Quote:

He just turned down a 10 million / year contract. Where would our cheap owners find money to pay him. We can't even afford Childress more than likely

I think Gordon is a likely candidate to take the QO. I don't think anyone offers him more than the MLE.

He's not an answer to what we need, but there is a temptation to do the deal just for the sake of change. It would then be a challenge to make JJ and Gordon work it out on the floor. And the way JJ has been playing maybe he needs some of the pressure taken off. I'm straddling the fence on this one but say if the price is right go for it.

Gordon isn't my first choice to help out in the backcourt, but he maybe the best available option. Sheldon, Zaza or some combo of the expirings is the correct price to pay, if the Bulls really are looking at Butler.

A Gordon/JJ might work very well for the Hawks. Gordon did play point at UConn. While at UConn he also shared the ball. That said, he is really an undersized SG not a point. His passing is not very good, nor is his vision. Defensively, I think he can stay infront of the quick points that kill us, but he's not going to lock anyone down. Offensively, he can spread the floor and does have some action going to the basket. In all, if the price is right Gordon is definately worth a flyer for the right price.

I agree. But then the question becomes how to handle the pg. JJ has done that some . . . with limited success. But the team is different now than when they tried that experiment. But if Gordon is on the court with anyone other than JJ, ie AJ or Lue it presents matchup problems.

His outside shooting could help us out and open up the inside some for Smoove and Horford.

A Gordon-Childress backcourt can work. Gordon/Law could work in some situations as well.

This all said, I highly doubt that the ASG will allow any trades to be made. The only trade I see happening is a move of JJ for expiring junk. The ASG has no money and have to keep cutting costs...

Quote:

A Gordon-Childress backcourt can work. Gordon/Law could work in some situations as well.

This all said, I highly doubt that the ASG will allow any trades to be made. The only trade I see happening is a move of JJ for expiring junk. The ASG has no money and have to keep cutting costs...

actually go check out the thread by Txsting...ASG has plenty of money apparently has been making profits from the Hawks conversely.

I saw those numbers, but then someone pointed out that the Hawks have been running around 10 million under the cap during those profitable seasons, thus the profit is reaped from staying under the cap. With Childress and Smith both up for contracts, the ASG does not appear to have the resources to pay for them.

Hence, trading JJ for cap space makes some sense from the ASG side (cap-space for cheaper players). The other issues that haven't been addressed are if the ASG is making money, then why haven't they made moves to correct coaching? Why did they fire Bernie? Why are the Thrashers 6 million under the cap and have glaring holes that could have been filled with a FA signing? All of the evidence points to an ownership group that is either:

1) not willing to spend money

2) with out the resources to spend money

I am back to #2 after more consideration.