• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Bob Neal on CSS last night

cowa

Bob was being interviewed by the CSS Sportsnite guys, and he said that BK was trying very hard to make a major deal, with PG being the highest priority, and that the most likely guy was Andre Miller. He said he would not be surprised at the Hawks making a deadline deal.

Very suprising that he would say those things knowing the folks involved unless they wanted to get a message out to the fan base, be it true or not.

I hope there is some truth there.

Miller is not perfect but he is by far the best PG available and his veteran leadership and expierence would help us greatly with closing out games.

We could finally have a guy capable of running real plays, being a playmaker, and setting the table for JJ, Horford, and Josh and whoever else is left after the trade.

Well, it would solve two of our major problems in one (shooter and reliable PG). I wish he could shoot the 3 (just 14% this year). Oh well, if we can get him without giving up our core, then it sounds attractive depending on the deal. He is 32 in a month and would provide reliable service until Acie is fully ready.

I think Bob is a very credible source for NBA news. I would be very skeptical if it happened becuase BK just CANNOT pull the trigger with the fractured ownership group.

I love the idea of Andre Miller on this team though. We could finally get the ball out of Smooth and Joe's hands in the 4th quarter and run a Gawd dayam play.

Andre Miller would definitely be an upgrade and would be enough i think to put us over the top to definitely make the playoffs. however he's not much of a shooter so can't help us much there. our goal would be that he can come in and setup folks better so they can get their shot.

Rumor is the 76ers are interested in the 22 year old PG, Lowry, from Memphis.

http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/508...ested_in_lowry/

If that is true then they are probably showing Andre Miller the door. Could there be a 3 way trade brewing with the Hawks / 76ers / Grizzlies ?

If we could land Mike Miller and Andre Miller in a 3 way trade that would be awsome. I should not be greedy but it is a possibility.

Hawks want Andre Miller

76ers want Kyle Lowry

Who do the Grizz want ? probably just payroll dumps so Mike Miller may be had ? Or maybe the 76ers would flip the 76ers their combo guard, Louis Williams, (who would be awsome in an up tempo style) for a more true PG in Lowry....then that opens the door for a Andre Miller trade to ATL.

Who knows but I'm smelling real smoke here.

Quote:

Andre Miller would definitely be an upgrade and would be enough i think to put us over the top to definitely make the playoffs. however he's not much of a shooter so can't help us much there. our goal would be that he can come in and setup folks better so they can get their shot.

Deal or no deal the Hawks should be a lock for the playoffs in the leastern conference, especially now that NJ unloaded Kidd.

Quote:

Deal or no deal the Hawks should be a lock for the playoffs in the eastern conference, especially now that NJ unloaded Kidd.

Are you kidding me? Not with the way these guys have been playing recently. We have fallen to the 8th seed. Philly is now just ONE game behind us now. And they have won 4 straight. Indy is just two games behind us now. Yeah, NJ unloaded Kidd, but they got Devin Harris--who is no garbage PG at that. Even if they fall, we got Philly (who has played well lately), Indy, and even Chicago breathing down our necks.

They better get their acts together soon or we will be watching the playoffs from home, yet again, instead of watching our boys revel in the experience.

Quote:

Bob said that BK was trying very hard to make a major deal, with PG being the highest priority, and that the most likely guy was Andre Miller.

I have nothing against Miller, like him even, but BK is more apt to make a move to save his own ass than make a legitimate contender out of this team. Depending upon what we give up, I see this as more likely an ass saving move than a team saving one. I think it somehow actually makes our shooting worse. Miller will be 32-33 next season. We should pay more but look elsewhere IMO. At least he only has one year left on his deal.

W