• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Genius Trade from Thorpe Chat

vdunkndunk

Don't know if anyone else saw this, but I love it....

Kyle (ATL): David, what do you think? Hawks get Mike Miller and Kyle Lowry, Memphis gets Josh Childress, Zaza Pachulia and Anthony Johnson.... Trade Machine says its a go! Also would help the Grizz free some cap room at the end of the year to be a big player for FA's.

David Thorpe: I like it! So don't expect it to happen.

Quote:

Don't know if anyone else saw this, but I love it....

Kyle (ATL): David, what do you think? Hawks get Mike Miller and Kyle Lowry, Memphis gets Josh Childress, Zaza Pachulia and Anthony Johnson.... Trade Machine says its a go! Also would help the Grizz free some cap room at the end of the year to be a big player for FA's.

David Thorpe: I like it! So don't expect it to happen.

What reason would Memphis have for doing this deal? Miller is better then Chill and Lowry is better then Lue and Zaza combined.

Childress' contract won't be much smaller then Miller's, so no money being saved either. Plus, Childress is not a full-time 2-guard - and Gay has the small-forward position locked down.

Quote:

Quote:

laughable trade if you ask me.

you don't think the gasol trade was laughable?

It was but we are the Hawks explain to me when we make a trade that is just too good for us it just doesnt happen here esp with the moron of a GM that we have here. You cant expect right now for the Hawks to make a steal of deal heck you cant even expect them to make a deal period. But seriously Childress is being overrated here dont forget if he gets dealt they still have to sign this guy.

Memphis is in full rebuilding mode and they seem to be going the long, athletic, versatile, running team route. Maybe they'd rather have Childress, a cheap center, and an expiring contract than Miller, plus they're pretty much set at PG with Conley and Crittenton. I think they're trying to get rid of Miller, and we've already seen what they got for Pau, so I don't think this deal is unreasonable. Maybe we could even substitute Shelden for Chills if they really want to cut costs.

Quote:

Memphis is in full rebuilding mode and they seem to be going the long, athletic, versatile, running team route. Maybe they'd rather have Childress, a cheap center, and an expiring contract than Miller, plus they're pretty much set at PG with Conley and Crittenton. I think they're trying to get rid of Miller, and we've already seen what they got for Pau, so I don't think this deal is unreasonable. Maybe we could even substitute Shelden for Chills if they really want to cut costs.

I don't think Childress is more athletic than Miller. I am also pretty sure the long, athletic, versatile team thing doesn't work - as evidenced by the Hawks.