• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Any Hope For Shelden??

skyhawk

I don't get a chance to watch the Hawks so can't really comment on his play. Can someone give me feedback on whether he'll ever make a contribution.

I've always felt that he had a low ceiling but I'm hoping that his lack of production is caused by him not having adapted to the NBA - which may be due to a lack of confidence - as opposed to not having an NBA skill set.

I definitely think he has a great chance. It's not like he's overwhelmed out there. Much of his problem is attributed to lack of effort and lack of playing time (aka experience). When he has played with fire and got much time he has played well at times.

Although he was still a terrible pick at that time (you always have to put a disclaimer here or people will attack you as a hater or a hugger), Woody has mismanaged him I beleive. There have been times his confidence looks shot. And unfortuntaely I see that a lot in some of our young players.

I could definitely see Shelden going somewhere else and being a solid double double guy.

• Premium Member

I think Shelden can be a solid player. He is built like a truck and if he could just get the time he is a double dounble kind of guy. I would personally play him at center and let him take up some space under the basket. If you remember last year in the second half he played pretty well.

He is stuck behind Smoove and Horford and it will lawys be that way BUT if he could be a player off the bench the Hawks would improve IMO.

Our franchise is sooooo scrwed upo top to bottom that we may never see the potential of this team.

• Admin

Sheldon is a very solid backup big man as he proved at the end of last season.

However, with Woody at the helm he can't get any pt and get into the groove. His confidence is probably pretty low and with such little pt he is probably afraid to make a mistake out there and as a result if probably making more.

I think he can be a very solid player off the bench BUT WOODY..... I have just had it, had it. Shelden has talent and at least will box his man out. I dont understand why ZAza..... Like I have said I have had it.....