• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Questions about Bibby...

DavidSomerset

First of all, I am REALLY excited about this trade...If for no other reason than we had to give up basically just expirings to get him.

Now here are the questions...

1) What the deal with Bibby for this year?? I see he's only played in 15 games and is only averaging 13.5 ppg and 5 assists...Hopefully we can expect a bit more than that...also he is only shooting around 40% from the field (even though his 3 pt % is awesome).

What can we expect from him? Is he healthy?

2) I am under the impression he is a shoot first PG, but how good of a passer is he?

3) Is he a good penetrator?

4) I also am under the impression he is a pretty weak defender...Is that right/wrong??

5) Does he go well with a running offense? Is he good at pushing the ball up the court?

6) Where would you rank his overall skill out of all the PG's in the NBA?

Hopefully he will REALLY open up this offense!!

Quote:

First of all, I am REALLY excited about this trade...If for no other reason than we had to give up basically just expirings to get him.

Now here are the questions...

1) What the deal with Bibby for this year?? I see he's only played in 15 games and is only averaging 13.5 ppg and 5 assists...Hopefully we can expect a bit more than that...also he is only shooting around 40% from the field (even though his 3 pt % is awesome).

2) I am under the impression he is a shoot first PG, but how good of a passer is he?

4) I also am under the impression he is a pretty weak defender...Is that right/wrong??

5) Does he go well with a running offense? Is he good at pushing the ball up the court?

Hopefully he will REALLY open up this offense!!

1)He has had to get back into a groove after coming back from his injury. Basically he has been going through his training camp. Now he has played enough to be at the level players are on opening day. He has played much better of late.

2)He certainly isn't Kidd or Nash but he has to be a better passer than AJ and Lue.

3)I don't know...you would have to ask his wife.

4)After watching Lue attempting to play defense Bibby will look like Bruce Bowen on defense.

5)Yes, he has been very successful running an up-tempo offense.

6)top 10 grin.gif

We are going to have trouble with other teams point guards. Thats the one thing AJ did was make the other teams point work hard to get what they got. Bibby doesnt play d. He isnt as bad a defender as Nash but he is no Billips or even AJ.

Quote:

I would suspect that he'd average close to 15 ppg and a little over 6 assists here. The big asset with him, is that he's still capable of having big scoring games. If he's still favoring the thumb, we'll definitey know it. He might bot be 100%, but he's close. Defensively is where you should see the difference though. He's more active defensively than both Lue and AJ. He's not Speedy-like defensively, but he's solid.

Quote:

He is definitely a guy that looks fo his offense first, but he does look for his teammates. Bibby will jack up 4 - 6 threes a games. Offesively, as far as his mindset, he plays a lot like how Mookie used to play. Mookie wss more of an assit guy though.

Quote:

Does he use penetration to score? No. Will he drive to set people up? Sometimes. Overall though, he's not a penetrating PG for the most part.

Quote:

I think that's wrong. He shouldn't be a liability for us defensively, like AJ and Lue were. He's not great, but solid on defense.

Quote:

A running offense is no problem for him. He can play both the running style, or the halfcourt. He and Smoove on the fast break should be interesting. You might see a lob dunk, or even Bibby pull up for a 3.

Quote:

He's not better than:

Nash

Billups

Paul

Arenas

Deron

Kidd

Parker

Iverson ( if you consider him a point )

Baron

So if he's not in the top 10 PGs, he's cloe.

Quote:

Ever hear of David West, who is putting up just as much production as Paul offensively? West is averaging more field goal attempts but Paul gets to the line more due to his style of play. They are 1A and 1B. So think again smart ass

No, I live in New Orlean and watch the Hornets all the time, people who post in the chatroom will tell you that. Paul looka to pass first, but most of the time, he settles for the mid-range or penetrates to the basket, in the closing seconds 90% of the time, the ball is gonna go to Paul's hands. West usually scores of pick and rolls, and he can't really create his own shot, so he's not usually used as the first option.

Quote:

No, I live in New Orlean and watch the Hornets all the time,

people who post in the chatroom will tell you that. Paul looka to pass first, but most of the time, he settles for the mid-range or penetrates to the basket, in the closing seconds 90% of the time, the ball is gonna go to Paul's hands. West usually scores of pick and rolls, and he can't really create his own shot, so he's not usually used as the first option.

Chris Paul will never be a Hawk.

Chris Paul will NEVER be a Hawk.

Get that through your head. If you can't accept it, perhaps you should stay a Hornets fan.

Quote:

Quote:

No, I live in New Orlean and watch the Hornets all the time,

people who post in the chatroom will tell you that. Paul looka to pass first, but most of the time, he settles for the mid-range or penetrates to the basket, in the closing seconds 90% of the time, the ball is gonna go to Paul's hands. West usually scores of pick and rolls, and he can't really create his own shot, so he's not usually used as the first option.

Chris Paul will never be a Hawk.

Chris Paul will NEVER be a Hawk.

Get that through your head. If you can't accept it, perhaps you should stay a Hornets fan.

LOL When did I ever say Chris Paul should be a hawks? LOL i'm one of Marvin's biggest fans here fyi.