• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

AJC says Ndudi Ebi impresses Hawks.

KB21

Hmmm.

This could be interesting. Everyone is going to be on pins and needles tonight when that 11th pick comes around. If the Golden State Warriors take Reece Gaines with that pick, then I think the trade is in.

It just seems a little more than a coincidence that talk of GS wanting to move down to 21 to select Ebi happens yesterday and this morning, the Hawks apparently say they were impressed by Ebi.

• Premium Member

Yeah, I get the same feeling.

Gaines would be a good Pick at 11.

Ebi would be a surprise Pick at 21. Add a future first to the deal and I think it's going to happen. It must be true that Ebi's agent also represents Arenas and has put the two in the same boat!

But what would that mean for Jamison?

If it were possible, I would send Big Dog/Nazr/Ebi/First 2004 to GS for Jamison/Gaines/Fortson.

I would actually like to see that Lineup together:

JT/Gaines/Jamison/SAR/Theo.

Ah, but alast... The talent may be there but the BYC is not on our side.

I think GS wants to get out of Jamison's contract. I think they'd take Dog for him because Dog's contract ends soon and it would allow Ebi and Dunleavy Jr. some P.T. Plus, Dog is a more natural 3 than Jamison.

If GS takes Gaines, I won't think the trade is done. they need a pg and backup sg, that is gaines. however, ebi wouldn't be that bad of a pick for us. a guy that actually has an ounce of potential!? thats a first for the hawks.

he doesn't help with the pg/sg situation tho

Why in the [censored] would we want Jamison though?

That would be a trade for the sake of making a trade. It wouldn't improve us. Getting rid of Robinson who has 2 years left and picking up Jamison who has 5 years left is a BAD, BAD move.

Besides, I'm interested in seeing how this team will look with another ball handler and another shooter in Reece Gaines. Gaines will allow Terry to freelance a bit more, and he will also allow Robinson to play in his comfort zone of the mid-range jump shot. Robinson shouldn't have to get the ball any farther than 18 feet out with Gaines around, which means less forced 3 point shots as well as less turnovers because he won't be asked to dribble much.

agreed. Jamison's contract is a monster and an aborration...which is why we now have max contracts etc. He's a cross between Jamal Mashburn and Reef...which makes him a truly incredible tweener...and he's not even consistent about that, it depends on if you're talking about offense or defense...

I wouldnt want Fortson because he has 4-5 more years left on his deal and he is on the decline, not to mention he doesnt see to like coming off the bench. Jamison, Dunleavy, Murphy, and JRich are the only Warriors I would want.

You guys crack me up. You want to trade GROB with only two years left on his contract for sorry ass Jamison and Fortson. Not only do they both have major holes in their games they have terrible long-term contracts.

The one thing I like about our situation is 1) we are getting a new owner and 2) most of our major contracts come off in a year so we can rebuild to our liking.

If we were to trade with the Warriors I would here's what I suggest:

GROB / 21st Pick for Sura/Foyle/11th pick

Sura and Foyle's contracts come off the books next year and they both play hard. This gives us another ballhandler and an above average center to back up Theo. We also clear 10 million dollars in capspace which should ease the burden of JT's new contract.

If only Alan Henderson would opt out of his contract.

I dont know what you are basing this opinion on, but its not fact thats for sure. He wasnt the type of player that could come in from day 1 and be a star, but as the season went on he got better and better. Mark my words, he will be as good as Mike Miller and probably a little better due to his more well rounded game.

Well that's no saying much....Mike Miller isn't exactually

a star.Next larry Bird?lol

He might be like Keith Van Horn...but KVH and Mike

Miller are nothing to write home about.

I'd rather have Murphy because he rebounds....You here

that Reef?REEEBOOOUND!