• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Mid-Season Bet Review Thread

AHF

• Moderators

Post the status of your bets for this season in this thread to give people an update on the action.

AHF/Diesel Bet

Terms: Bet is whether Josh Childress will play an average of 25mpg in games in which Marvin, Josh Smith, JJ, and Al Horford all play. AHF has JC playing equal to or greater than 25 mpg, D has JC playing less than 25 mpg.

Stake: $20 to the Squawk

Status: Josh Childress has played 1295 minutes in 43 games this season. Two of those games involved injuries by other players (the Nov 16 game missed by JS and the Nov 28 game missed by Marvin). In those 41 games counted for the bet, Childress has played 1219 minutes and averaged 29.7 mpg in games where JJ, JS, MW and AH have played.

AHF/swatguy bet

Terms: Bet is whether Durant's PPG + RPG + APG + SPG + BPG will be greater than any rookie's entering the league since Michael Jordan. AHF says no. swatguy says yes

Stake: $20 to the Squawk

Status: Durant is averaging 19.4 ppg + 4.1 rpg + 2.2 apg + 1 spg + 1.1 bpg for a total of 27.8. AHF has not definitely located his rookie but David Robinson averaged 24.3 PPG + 12 RPG + 3.9 BPG + 1.7 SPG + 2.0 APG which adds up to 43.9.

AHF/Bdawg Bet

Terms: Bet is whether Durant's PPG + RPG + APG + BPG will be greater than 32. AHF says no. Bdawg says yes.

Stake: Selection of loser's avatar for a month on the Squawk.

Status: Durant is averaging 19.4 ppg + 4.1 rpg + 2.2 apg + 1.1 bpg for a total of 26.8.

There is still plenty of basketball left to play but it looks good so far.

Quote:

I had a bet with Walter for 20 bucks to the Squawk that Shelden would average a double double this year. I don't think we specified that he had to play for the Hawks so maybe he will go on a tear in Sacramento LOL.

Wait. I think you've paid your dues here. Nice work on the new site. Consider the bet forgiven on my end.

W

• Moderators

Quote:

I had a bet with Walter for 20 bucks to the Squawk that Shelden would average a double double this year. I don't think we specified that he had to play for the Hawks so maybe he will go on a tear in Sacramento LOL.

It will take a very impressive tear to win this one but at least all the DNP-CD games will lower the weighted averages so far!

I think Walter has won several bets on Shelden Williams over the years.

Ran away? You wanted to bet Oden wouldnt avr the career best of Adonyle Foyle, I wanted to bet that Oden couldnt average the better #'s than the Hawks center this season. Nobody would have won anyway because that chump never played a game. I wish Oden was healthy though because I figured ZazA would be our center and get 12 pts and 8 boards a game. Now we have Horford and he's getting 10 boards and almost 10 pts. Greg Oden will be a role player if he can ever stay healthy long enough to play. Like I said there is nothing wrong with that but the hype around him is silly. He has no offensive skills.

While it wasn't an official bet, Hotlanta and I were "discussng" what the Hawks record would be, at the all-star break, right after the Hawks went on that 5-game win streak.

I believe that he suggsted that we'd be 2 or 3 games under .500 . . . I think I said that we'd be a few games over .500"

I wished that Hot was RIGHT !! If we were 24 - 27, we'd be in the 6th spot.

Turns out, the Hawks were a lot worse than what i thought they'd be, and even worse than what Hotlanta thought they'd be.

How dare I dispute the great infinite wisdom of Hotlanta.

• Moderators

Quote:

Ran away? You wanted to bet Oden wouldnt avr the career best of Adonyle Foyle, I wanted to bet that Oden couldnt average the better #'s than the Hawks center this season. Nobody would have won anyway because that chump never played a game. I wish Oden was healthy though because I figured ZazA would be our center and get 12 pts and 8 boards a game. Now we have Horford and he's getting 10 boards and almost 10 pts. Greg Oden will be a role player if he can ever stay healthy long enough to play. Like I said there is nothing wrong with that but the hype around him is silly. He has no offensive skills.

Ran away.

Your post makes me wonder if you remember the thread:

Repeatedly Proposed Bet Thread

Here is the blow by blow:

Previous thread. You claim that Oden is no better than Adonyl Foyle. I say that is ridiculous and propose a bet if you are being serious.

Bet thread, linked above.

4/12 - You say I should rethink wanting to bet you if I think that Oden will best Foyle's best seasons his rookie year.

4/13 - I propose a bet of Foyle's Career Highs v. Oden's Rookie Season (summing the ppg, rpb, apg, bpg, and apg numbers).

4/13 - I ask you to leave a confirming post if the terms of the bet are acceptable.

4/13 - You immediately back off of your ridiculous Foyle comparison and propose getting the career bests of Erick Dampier. You also say you think %s should be taken into account.

4/17 - I propose the following modified proposal:

Quote:

Dampier's career averages through the end of the 2006-07 season in (20 x FG%) + (5 x FT%) + PPG + RPG + APG + SPG + BPG

v.

Oden's Rookie Season (20 x FG%) + (5 x FT%) + PPG + RPG + APG + SPG + BPG

Oden must play a minimum of 35 games for the bet to go forward.

No response from you.

4/18 I bump the thread and title the post *NJHAWK* so you can't miss it if you look at the forum index.

No response from you.

4/19 I bump the thread with the same title.

No response from you.

4/19 Atlas laughs and thinks you are having second thoughts.

No response from you.

4/30 I bump the tread with the *NJHAWK* title again.

No response from you.

5/02 I bump the tread with the *NJHAWK* title again.

No response from you.

5/06 I bump the tread with the *NJHAWK* title again.

No response from you.

5/26 I bump the tread with the *NJHAWK* title again.

No response from you.

During this time you posted on:

4/17, 4/18, 4/20, 4/24, 4/25, 5/1, 5/6, 5/13, 5/20, 5/22, 5/23, 5/24, 5/25, 5/27, 5/28, 5/29, 5/30, 6/1, 6/2, 6/3...

• Premium Member

Quote:

LOL well at least he had enough sense to run rather than make a stupid bet. He was obviously just hating on Oden but didn't actually believe his own words.

If we lose tonight our record will be 21-31, same as last year. That is pretty depressing.

I don't even know how it's possible... last year we were devastated by injuries and played against a tougher East.

It's crazy.

• Moderators

Quote:

LOL well at least he had enough sense to run rather than make a stupid bet. He was obviously just hating on Oden but didn't actually believe his own words.

That is why he surprised me by showing up on this thread and taunting about Oden's injury! I didn't blame him for not making the bet or even bring it up, but if you aren't going to respond to someone calling out your position you shouldn't roll back around to bring up the same topic!

For what it is worth, I will still take that bet. Next year will be Oden's rookie season so there is no reason you can't compare that to Dampier's average stats through 2006-07. I will even give the option of taking Dampier's career averages through 2007-08 since Oden's rookie season was delayed a year.

You've got me on this one, AHF. Durant has definitely underperformed against my expectations, although I feel like it would have been a lot closer if he wasn't being played out of position at SG. He'd have a lot more rebounds if he was playing the 3. But under no scenario could he possibly have gotten to the 32 total.

• Moderators

Quote:

I feel like it would have been a lot closer if he wasn't being played out of position at SG. He'd have a lot more rebounds if he was playing the 3.

I completely agree with this. I can't imagine why they have him playing SG. He is your franchise player and you are playing him out of position. Why?

I would have taken Yi over Green and played the two of them at 3 & 4, softness concerns not withstanding.