• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Can Woodson Be Fired At Halftime?

Dukegotgame

Quote:

Problem is, I don't buy the fact you claim to know what Woodson has or has not taught the team. It's quite possible that the players are ones who aren't implementing what Woodson has taught them.

That is totally irrelevant. A coach is not paid for his knowledge, he is paid to get his players to perform. If Woody has awesome ideas and can't get the players to execute them, he is worthless as a coach. Worthless.

Secondly, while it is probable that he tells them what to do on D and they might have lapses or get confused, he has said himself that he worries about defense and the offense will take care of itself, and that attitude is OBVIOUS on the floor. Our guys for the most part are extremely athletic and are not very good at creating for themselves by NBA standards. And what is our offense? Give the ball to someone and let them try to go 1-on-1. Even in late game scenarios where every coach has 3-4 go to plays to get the best results out of his team, our ONLY option is let Joe go 1-on-1. We make no adjustments and have no offensive system. It's pathetic. It took him 3 years to figure out that the youngest most athletic team in the league maybe should run, and even then he refuses to commit to it.

It is not the sole reason we're down by 50 right now, but it is a HUGE problem, and we will have no real success as long as Woodson is here.

And no, I don't think 75% of teams think they have absolutely no offensive system. Hell there are only 3 teams that score less than us.

• Moderators

Quote:

Quote:

Problem is, I don't buy the fact you claim to know what Woodson has or has not taught the team. It's quite possible that the players are ones who aren't implementing what Woodson has taught them.

That is totally irrelevant. A coach is not paid for his knowledge, he is paid to get his players to perform. If Woody has awesome ideas and can't get the players to execute them, he is worthless as a coach. Worthless.

Secondly, while it is probable that he tells them what to do on D and they might have lapses or get confused, he has said himself that he worries about defense and the offense will take care of itself, and that attitude is OBVIOUS on the floor. Our guys for the most part are extremely athletic and are not very good at creating for themselves by NBA standards. And what is our offense? Give the ball to someone and let them try to go 1-on-1. Even in late game scenarios where every coach has 3-4 go to plays to get the best results out of his team, our ONLY option is let Joe go 1-on-1. We make no adjustments and have no offensive system. It's pathetic. It took him 3 years to figure out that the youngest most athletic team in the league maybe should run, and even then he refuses to commit to it.

It is not the sole reason we're down by 50 right now, but it is a HUGE problem, and we will have no real success as long as Woodson is here.

And no, I don't think 75% of teams think they have absolutely no offensive system. Hell there are only 3 teams that score less than us.

My hope is that Bibby will teach the team how to play offense or at least sieze control of the team and run an offense. It is too early to judge the Woody/Bibby era. Woodson's tenure as an offensive coach to date, however, has been a total disaster.

I think it's come to this for me. Until they get rid of Woody, I just don't have much hope. We can analyze game moves and apologize for deficiencies in team construction, but the record really does say it all: 90-206. What else needs to be said? Start here and then we can discuss what's left. No news here, just a a clear moment of faithlessness.

Quote:

My hope is that Bibby will teach the team how to play offense or at least sieze control of the team and run an offense.

I couldn't agree more. But do you realize how absurd it is that at the NBA level we are hoping that a player we just traded for will teach our team offense and possibly bring plays / whatever. That is flat out not NBA head-coach caliber. It It is absolutely insane to me that the guy still has a job. He clearly should be a defensive-oriented assistant coach, which is what he excelled at.

Even if Bibby is able to succeed and get enough fast breaks / pick and rolls /drive and dishes for us to make the playoffs, we have absolutely NO CHANCE in the playoffs. Our talent matches up well against the Magic for instance, but regardless of who we play, playoff basketball requires halfcourt offensive efficiency and coaching adjustments. We stand no chance whatsoever with Woodson's proven track record of failing miserably to make any adjustments. At best we'll squeak one win out, the other team will make adjustments, and we'll have no counter move.