• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Can Woodson Be Fired At Halftime?

Dukegotgame

Who do you blame for the fact that in year 4 we have absolutely ZERO offensive strategy to maximize our strengths and minimize our weaknesses? Hell we have zero offensive strategy period.

Meanwhile on D we are frequently confused on what's supposed to happen on picks, who's supposed to rotate etc...

It is absolute insanity that an NBA coach in year 4 has an offensive system that is not visibly any better than letting the guys run wild with absolutely no coaching. INSANITY. He is not head coach caliber.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Yes the person in charge of the Hawks is in no way to blame. I mean how could you possibly blame the person in charge? It certainly is the water boys fault, or maybe it is the towel boy?

Yes, because another coach would've put in Salim sooner so that he could have increased the turnovers. Brilliant.

The Hawks were WAY TOO energetic early on, and it cost them on the road.

If Woodson fails to get his team adjusted vs. the Kings, then you have a problem. But is Bibby expected to learn the offense in one day? Are his teammates expected to know how he plays in one day?

CHILL OUT.

Quote:

Who do you blame for the fact that in year 4 we have absolutely ZERO offensive strategy to maximize our strengths and minimize our weaknesses? Hell we have zero offensive strategy period.

Meanwhile on D we are frequently confused on what's supposed to happen on picks, who's supposed to rotate etc...

It is absolute insanity that an NBA coach in year 4 has an offensive system that is not visibly any better than letting the guys run wild with absolutely no coaching. INSANITY. He is not head coach caliber.

Quoted for the damn truth.

• Premium Member

Quote:

we'll see when Dallas play their next game. A lot of what you see on the court is parallel to what is done in preparation and practice.

What preparation and practice?

The trade was just approved late yesterday. Give Woodson enough time to screw it up before you blame him.

If you want to blame people, blame JJ for not leading the team.

Ya'll do realize that this is Bibby first game in Atlanta and he running the most important position on the team. It takes time, that's all I'm saying, the Lakers is on fire, simply put. Ya'll looking to blame any and everyone for anything.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Quote:

Quoted for the damn truth.

You do realize that these same comments can be found on 75% of NBA teams' forums, right? Take a look around.

I'd put money that you can't find 10 teams whose fans don't make similar criticisms of their coach. Problem is, I don't buy the fact you claim to know what Woodson has or has not taught the team. It's quite possible that the players are ones who aren't implementing what Woodson has taught them.

Quote:

CHILL OUT.

That's it right there. The lack of execution played right into the Lakers hands, well that and the fact that hardly anyone in a Hawks uniform can hit the broad side of a barn right now. Missed layups, turnovers, confusion on defense, yeah they look just like a team that came out a little to hype.

Quote:

Quote:

Yes the person in charge of the Hawks is in no way to blame. I mean how could you possibly blame the person in charge? It certainly is the water boys fault, or maybe it is the towel boy?

Yes, because another coach would've put in Salim sooner so that he could have increased the turnovers. Brilliant.

If Woodson fails to get his team adjusted vs. the Kings, then you have a problem. But is Bibby expected to learn the offense in one day? Are his teammates expected to know how he plays in one day?

CHILL OUT.

People like you amaze me. You act like I made this post because of this one game. NO you freaking moron. This is been four years coming and this just highlights the joke that Woodson is and makes me laugh when I see people defend him as if he is their daddy.

When has Woodson ever made an adjustment? When has he ever made a decent substitution? When was the last time a play out of a timeout didn't result in a turnover? How many times do I have to watch us barely score 30 points in a half because WE HAVE NO HALF COURT OFFENSE? HOW MANY TIMES WILL OUR TEAM COME OUT LIKE THIS BECAUSE WOODSON CANT MOTIVATE THEM?

Oh but wait... since we got Bibby it is all good now? What a joke.. go check your vision cuz your clearly blind.

• Premium Member

I will say this...

It is apparent that one team came out with one thing on their mind. One team was focused on one thing and it shows. They were prepared for this game and they are sending a message.

The real question though is why do we look so bad? Why are we taking so many jump shots? How can we look THIS bad against a team that we beat not so long ago...same team....? Getting beat is one thing.

We are literally not even in this ball game. Not playing at all.

It's funny because we started slow, the recovered, then we just disappeared.

Quote:

I don't even know where to begin... it is an insult to the coaching profession that he still has a job.

Same [censored],different day with this clueless joke as our coach.

At halftime, our starters had 19 points . . 11 fouls . . and 13 turnovers.

Yet, it's Woody's fault? LOL.

I think we were down 13 - 12 in the first quarter . . then the Lakers go on a 60 - 25 run.

And that ish would've been much worse, if Jeremy wouldn't have hit those late 3s.

LMAOOOOOOO @ this game. Incredible.

This looks like an exact repeat of Kentucky - Vandy last week, when Kentucky only scored 11 points at halftime.

Question now is . . will we lose by 25 or 45?

19 first half turnovers and 17 fouls. This has to be one of the worst played halves in basketball history.