• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Woody is a moron!!!

Sasquatch

This guy is plain ignorant!!!

Ron Artest was killing us. It was bad enough that he put Joe him to begin with. But when the idiot finally put Marvin on him, Marvin shut Artest down. What does this jackass do?

He brings in Josh and has Marvin switch to guard someoneelse! Artest proceded to wear his but out. To make matters worse, Josh had 4 fouls!

FIRE THIS CLOWN!

Quote:

Woody was a moron for not playing Jeremy Jackson in the 2nd half. You got a guy who can make shots and you don't even bring him back in the game when you need points? That doesn't make any sense at all.

Considering we don't have a Jeremy Jackson on the roster, I think you should be careful of who you call a moron. But I do think we needed to put in Jeremy Richardson in the second half, Woody is a moron.

Quote:

Quote:

Woody was a moron for not playing Jeremy Jackson in the 2nd half. You got a guy who can make shots and you don't even bring him back in the game when you need points? That doesn't make any sense at all.

Considering we don't have a Jeremy Jackson on the roster, I think you should be careful of who you call a moron. But I do think we needed to put in Jeremy Richardson in the second half, Woody is a moron.

HA HA whatever man.

Quote:

It's not Woody's fault the Hawk players aren't good enough. You finally need to realize that JJ, Smoove, Childress and the others are not good enough to win basketball games. Not good enough to win basketball games. It's that simple. Bottomline.

Oh brother. You've got to be kidding me.

You have to admit that the Hawks players are still developing. You would have to be delusional to even entertain the idea the Hawks would breeze into the playoffs this year.

Next year, especally if we get the center we are looking for, you better watch out.

Question: Who is the best defensive player on the Hawks? The most physical?

West. That's my choice and I'm sticking to it.

So what if he isn't a starter. What does he do? He plays defnse, that's what. With

the Hawks getting run over by a runaway tank last night, he stepped in and made a

difference. Not for long, because he didn't stay in.

Who had a hot hand last night? Who hit 3 of four? Where was he when we so

desperately needed points late in the game?

Anyone who supports, excuses, or rationalizes Woodson's abject failure has to take into consideration his record (90-207). I can concede every item that works against Woody (although it, at some point, seems like only an apologist can give Woody some kind of escape clause to his failure), and still believe he's got to go. Rather than building a case as to why he's in a tough spot, can anyone summarize why he deserves to stay? This is exactly the kind of question that could provoke a long debate, but really, why should it?

Quote:

can anyone summarize why he deserves to stay? This is exactly the kind of question that could provoke a long debate, but really, why should it?

It is a testament to Woodson's coaching inability that your question will not provoke any sort of debate at all.

"DESERVES" to stay. Even his biggest supporters will have to begrudgingly admit that he is fortunate to still have a job when you look at the totality of the circumstances. I think he was put into a situation that very few coaches could have been successful in but I can't think of anything he has done that was so great that he "deserves" to stay either.

No defending Woody at this point. But like Hotlanta said, some of these players have to take responsibility for out situation.

One of the most irritating things about this team, is the fact that Smoove and Marvin refuses to mix it up on the inside on a nightly basis. These guys have to help Horford on the boards. But neither one puts a body on somebody, which enables our opponents to get rebounds they probably shouldn't get.

Marvin not grabbing 7 rebounds a game, is almost unacceptable. Ditto goes for Smoove, and grabbing 9 rebounds. When these guys are grabbing 5 and 6 rebounds, we're going to lose.

I'm always more impressed with Smoove's 11+ rebounding games, than his 25+ point games.

LeBron - 8.1

Josh Howard - 7.3

Carmelo - 7.3

I guess you COULD throw Marion in that group but he started at PF for PHO. IF Marvin could get back to the 6.2 rbg he was grabbing at the end of January he would actually be doing better than a LOT of good SFs.

Caron Butler - 6.8 rbg

Deng - 6.6 rbg

M. Miller - 6.5 rbg

G. Wallace - 6.2 rbg

Moon - 6.2

Gay - 6.1

Turkoglu - 6.0

Magette - 5.9

Granger - 5.8

Artest - 5.8

Even including his recent slump, Marvin is averaging the same 5.6 rbg as Pierce, Iguodala and Dunleavy.

Bottom line is that while I agree that Marvin is capable of averaging 7 rbg, I wouldn't call him grabbing nearly 6 rbg from the SF position (unacceptable).

As for Smoove, he is certainly capable of recording a nightly double/double like Shawn Marion if he puts his mind to it. His work on the defensive end is pretty good but he needs to get on the offensive boards more. There is no way that Chillz should average more offensive rbg than Smoove when Smoove is playing 35 mpg (mostly at PF) while Chillz is playing 30 mpg (mostly at SF and SG).