• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Who I believe the Hawks will end up with

Admin

cin_lous._200jpg.jpg

Reece Gaines

SG/PG 6'6 195

Louisville

Strengths: Very smooth combo guard. Played point his first two seasons, and can legitimately play the point guard position. Excllent ball handling ability and composure. A smart player with great maturity. Passes well, and has a solid overall game. Has a quick first step and takes players to the basket well or can find an open man off the drive. Strong character guy, not arrogant. Really passes well of the drive.

Weaknesses: He doesn't do anything amazingly well, very solid, but he isn't fantastic at anything, Must continue to develop his game. Needs to become a little more selfish and take over offensively. A little better in the half court set, than on the break. He can definitely improve on is finishing with authority.

Notes: Reece once was held scoreless for the first 29 minutes and ended up with 26 in a last-second win.

859.jpg

Kirk Penney

SG 6'5 220

Wisconsin

Scouting Report: Has emerged as one of the country's top 3-point shooters ... Simply fearless on the perimeter, he doesn't hesitate to pull the trigger on difficult long-range jumpers if he feels the club needs a lift ... Needs very little time or room to get off his shot ... Has an incredibly quick release on the catch and shoot ... Can go to the basket, but his lack of explosiveness can make for a difficult time when finishing ... Hangs for the wrap-around reverse, but lack of height in his lift often makes him ineffective going at shot- blockers ... Defense has improved ... Solid rebounder ... Excellent passer.

Professional Outlook: There is do doubt that Penny is an NBA prospect. His experience in international competition has aided him immensely. Scouts will give Penny a serious look during the second round of the upcoming draft.

Stat Stuffer: Had several notable games as a junior. Posted 33 points and 29 points and 13 rebounds in back-to-back games versus Marquette and UW-Milwaukee, respectively. Scored 30 points on only 13 shots, including an incredible 27 in the final 15:13 of the game, as Wisconsin rallied to a 67-62 victory over Minnesota. As a senior had six 20-point games 28 vs. Penn State, 25 vs. Eastern Washington, 23 vs. Texas Southern and at Northwestern, and 22 vs. Minnesota and Indiana.

You may be right about that. They are very similar players, but I believe that the international experience that Penney got will make him a more attractive prospect and he seems to be a little more aggressive than what I have read about English. Either way I wont be disappointed if either becomes our 2nd round pick.