• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

THE SNIPER

bumpyphish1

Quote:

He's back, baby. BHayley, now do you see why I tout Salim? Sure, he missed a few shots at the end but I love the confidence.
I hope Woody cotinues to give some consistent minutes to the SNIPER

Well, with Acie being out for the remainder of the road trip... Salim will be receiving consistent minutes... I would like to see how you will think of him after this road trip.

Btw, the new style is nice... I don't have to cut and paste and all that crap when I want to bold or underline a certain portion of the text.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Quote:

Salim finally decided to drive the ball instead of taking so many outside shots when he gets the ball in his hand. I think that is why he had a good game tonight unlike most nights.

I think he had a good game tonight because unlike all other nights this season, he actually got to play and wasn't yanked after two minutes.

He wasn't yanked because he was having a good game.

You guys simply have it backwards. Salim has to EARN his minutes by playing within himself. This is the 1st time he has done that all season long.

Salim is never given the chance to earn minutes.

He's the only player on the roster that is NOT allowed to start a game shooting 0-3.

Everyone else can have a cold start to a game without looking over their shoulder.

Not Salim, that can get him benched for a month.

• Premium Member

Quote:

He's had plenty of chances this season. Plenty.

Quote:

He's the only player on the roster that is NOT allowed to start a game shooting 0-3.

Please. Acie Law has two fewer years of NBA experience, and he has shown more in less time.

He's simply a poor fit for what the Hawks need. Unless, of course, he can play under control and not turn the ball over.

Quote:

Salim did exactly what we needed him to do....get some solid minutes at the point, make a few shots and play a little D. Good job Salim!

QFT. I loved Salim last night. Thought he played pretty well. Started using his head a bit.

We're not talking about him being the saviour of the franchise. He is a role player and did that very well last night. Coming off the bench and giving us some offense. He also helps us keep the up tempo.

I too was glad to see him drive to the basket. I was surprised with his quickness. Give me a break. The guy has played in three games in the last two months. I think he needs to play an important spot as a role player.

I want to see all Hawks players excel, including Salim. But going 0 for 3 taking good shots within the offensive flow is not what has happened this season. In the games I've watched (which is virtually all of them), it's been more like 0 for 4 or 5 with shots taken early in the shot clock without even attempting to involve anyone else in the flow of the offense. If he had been hot, and making even those bad shots, I guess we could have lived with it, but when he's missing those bad shots, he has to come out - - quickly. It's pretty frustrating to be another teammate on the floor when the chucking is going on.

Last night, Salim drove the ball to the hole, and waited to take shots in rythmn after he'd gotten into the game flow and warmed up. He even passed the ball to teammates, who later returned the favor. As a result, he was successful and was able to stay on the floor long enough to contribute positively. I'm sure that if he continues to do that, Salim will find aregular spot in the rotation, as Woody said in the post game interview. I hope that happens, because the team can use his contribution, even if Acie is healthy and available.

Quote:

I want to see all Hawks players excel, including Salim. But going 0 for 3 taking good shots within the offensive flow is not what has happened this season. In the games I've watched (which is virtually all of them), it's been more like 0 for 4 or 5 with shots taken early in the shot clock without even attempting to involve anyone else in the flow of the offense. If he had been hot, and making even those bad shots, I guess we could have lived with it, but when he's missing those bad shots, he has to come out - - quickly. It's pretty frustrating to be another teammate on the floor when the chucking is going on.

I'm with you yardbird. I don't have anything against Salim's personality or work ethic or anything, I just know what I see when he comes in the game, and I have been seeing the same thing as you. Salim has been too anxious to get his shot off any time he has a clean look at the basket, whether it is in the flow of the offense or not. I hope he continues playing more like he did last night, and letting the game come to him a little instead of forcing it.

Quote:

Quote:

Who the [censored] do you think you are kidding? He has appeared (notice I say appear because "play" means you actually saw substantial minutes) in 3 games since December 9! PLENTY? Playoffs? Playoffs? Pshhh? Plenty? PLENTY? Jesus man, there's reality over there. Quick, go get a grip.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Please. Acie Law has two fewer years of NBA experience, and he has shown more in less time.

He's simply a poor fit for what the Hawks need. Unless, of course, he can play under control and not turn the ball over.

You are crazy if you think that Acie has shown more in less time. Salim has had 20 point quarters on multiple occasions. Acie has yet to have a 20 point game. Salim is just as good a penetrator as Acie and he shoots the ball better.