• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks vs Spurs

oiatlhawksfan

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

To whomever said this isn't Woodson's fault... really please clue me on how it is [censored] possible to let a team come back and likely win a game in which you held them to 5 points in a whole quarter? This type of [censored] happens all the time with Woodson no matter who the players are. We saw this [censored] with Al and Anotine and we have seen it with Joe and Co. Woody has no clue and it shows when this type of [censored] happens so frequently.

Does Mike Woodson miss layups from point blank? Does Mike Woodson pass the ball to the invisible Hawk on the sideline? Does Mike Woodson leave his man wide open for a 3?

As much as I dislike Woody, you can't blame him for games like this, especially when they turn the ball over 20+ times a game.

That being said, if they play their cards right, the Hawks might actually have a chance at winning this. I doubt they will, but they've got a punchers chance.

no, but isn't the head coach supposed to install a scheme and coach his players so they don't throw passes to invisible players and give guys wide open looks?

you would think so

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

Quote:

To whomever said this isn't Woodson's fault... really please clue me on how it is [censored] possible to let a team come back and likely win a game in which you held them to 5 points in a whole quarter? This type of [censored] happens all the time with Woodson no matter who the players are. We saw this [censored] with Al and Anotine and we have seen it with Joe and Co. Woody has no clue and it shows when this type of [censored] happens so frequently.

Does Mike Woodson miss layups from point blank? Does Mike Woodson pass the ball to the invisible Hawk on the sideline? Does Mike Woodson leave his man wide open for a 3?

As much as I dislike Woody, you can't blame him for games like this, especially when they turn the ball over 20+ times a game.

That being said, if they play their cards right, the Hawks might actually have a chance at winning this. I doubt they will, but they've got a punchers chance.

They held the team to a franchise low in the first quarter... I'd say they did have a chance; they just blow it.

The team's going nowhere with Woodson.

Quote:

To not blame woody at all though would be crazy as well. he benched Al for most of the 2nd half for no reason.

Well yeah, nobody's absolving Woody from any blame. I mean shoot, the man is a terrible game manager. I'm just saying on nights like this, you can't put all the blame on the guy.

Then again, I'll just stop there because defending Woody on a Hawks board is a truly futile effort.

Terrible effort by the Hawks tonight. I guess it really was the Spurs having a terrible first quarter more than it was the Hawks having a good 1st quarter. This really is embarrassing.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

They held the team to a franchise low in the first quarter... I'd say they did have a chance; they just blow it.

The team's going nowhere with Woodson.

Getting blown out after holding the Spurs to 5 points in the first quarter? Nice work Woodson! If nothing else, I am now a full blown alcoholic thanks to you smile.gif

• Premium Member

Some of you have never seen a Spurs' game before, I can tell.

This is exactly what they do folks. They keep you close in the 1st half, and then beat you silly in the 2nd.

There's a reason every contender in the West made moves to compete against them.

Quote:

To not blame woody at all though would be crazy as well. he benched Al for most of the 2nd half for no reason.

This was big right here, because they got bunch of offensive rebounds while Zaza was on the floor. Horford had 12 rebounds with about 7 minutes left in the 3rd and he didn't enter till 4 minute left in the 4th.

Woodson is a disgrace to all other coaches out there. I didn't expect a win tonite, but they gave us a chance and we just didn't want it.

Bibby and Marvin TERRIBLE tonight, also Smoove with his 200 boneheaded plays cost us this game.

If you want to win 25 games a year, then keep running Big Z out there. If u want something new, get Horf in the game. What does the guy have to do to stay on the floor. I dont understand it. Possible ROY, man-eater on the boards, has double figures in the 3rd and mysteriously disappears as the Spurs are tapping Big Z for board after board, score after score, basically winning the game.

It wouldn't have made enough of a difference, as we can't beat a team that can grind u up in the half court, but wtf mike?