• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hall/#3 for the #1 pick?

Admin

I read on one of the Dolphins boards I read that there is a strong rumor (still waiting on the source) that the Dolphins and Falcons are discussing swapping the first and third pick plus Hall. Personally I don't want Hall, I've disliked him since college, but at least he is among the best talent wise.

What would you think about this as a Falcons fan?

Quote:

I read on one of the Dolphins boards I read that there is a strong rumor (still waiting on the source) that the Dolphins and Falcons are discussing swapping the first and third pick plus Hall. Personally I don't want Hall, I've disliked him since college, but at least he is among the best talent wise.

Don't like it at all. The Falcons need picks. I think they have 4 of the top 60 picks. I would rather trade Hall straight for a pick, no matter the spot. Also, the money for a #1 is huge and there is no real clear cut #1. I'm all for getting rid of Hall, though.

That's all I heard. I am still waiting to hear of the source though because you know how rumors can be. The only reason for the Falcons to do this is if Miami has convinced them that if they don't trade then Miami will draft Ryan, who most draft people seem to believe the Falcons are in love with.

If there is one position that you can justify paying as the #1 overall pick it's a QB, but I don't believe Ryan is anywhere near worthy of the #1 pick.

I cannot see Falcons doing this, and if they do then-well I dont know what, but I would not be happy. First off, I cant see giving away DHall just to move up 2 spots to #1 from #3. Like was said earlier, there is not a single player who is THE pick at #1. I dont even want ATL to take Ryan at 3, much less at #1!

Any Hall trade I heard so far was to the Giants for their #31 selection and 2 5th rounders.

Much prefer taking one of the Long Brothers(Chris or Jake), or Dorsey or even McFadden @3, and then take one of the other qbs in round 2, be it Flacco, Henne, or the SDSU qb-who maybe could even get in the 3rd. I dont see a big difference between Ryan and the other top 3-4 qbs.

Quote:

I cannot see Falcons doing this, and if they do then-well I dont know what, but I would not be happy. First off, I cant see giving away DHall just to move up 2 spots to #1 from #3. Like was said earlier, there is not a single player who is THE pick at #1. I dont even want ATL to take Ryan at 3, much less at #1!

Any Hall trade I heard so far was to the Giants for their #31 selection and 2 5th rounders.

Much prefer taking one of the Long Brothers(Chris or Jake), or Dorsey or even McFadden @3, and then take one of the other qbs in round 2, be it Flacco, Henne, or the SDSU qb-who maybe could even get in the 3rd. I dont see a big difference between Ryan and the other top 3-4 qbs.

I really dig Flacco. Especially where you could get him. Stretching to the moon here but... Brady maybe? In the few games I saw him play, he had the stuff i was looking for. Besides, I think Harrington may have his best year as a pro. Our game management from a coaching standpoint will improve dramatically, imo.

I think this rumor is ridiculous. There is no consensus #1 pick and the Falcons have many, many holes to fill. Essentialy, they would have to believe that the #1 pick is more valuable than the #3 + #31 picks (assuming the Giants are willing to make the rumored trade for Hall). And I can't believe that someone from the Patriots organizaton would value 2 slots over 2 1st round picks. I ain't buying it.

That's not how the NFL works. Trades are generally for low round picks. Player swaps of close to equal value are very rare. Look at Moss for a 6th rounder. Believe me, it wasn't just me that knew he would blow up on that team. Yet, not one team stepped up with a 4th or 5th rounder. 30 teams declined to offer a 5th rounderr for Moss. Amazing, but that's the way it is. Don't expect much for a piece of human toast like DeAngelo Hall.

Quote:

i dont see the point in making that trade at all.... who are the falcons trying to draft at #1 that wont be there at #3............. is that the entire trade?

Agreed. The Falcons would be insane to trade up to the #1. They'll have their choice between whomever falls among Dorsey/Ellis/Ryan/J. Long/McFadden. All will fill areas of need (not so much McFadden IMO) so I don't see why on earth we would want to trade up unless Dimitroff sees an absolute cornerstone player.

• Moderators

Quote:

That's not how the NFL works. Trades are generally for low round picks. Player swaps of close to equal value are very rare. Look at Moss for a 6th rounder. Believe me, it wasn't just me that knew he would blow up on that team. Yet, not one team stepped up with a 4th or 5th rounder. 30 teams declined to offer a 5th rounderr for Moss. Amazing, but that's the way it is. Don't expect much for a piece of human toast like DeAngelo Hall.

Your point stands 100% but Moss was traded for a fourth round pick.

I agree with everyone here that trading Hall to move up to #1 makes no sense. Take Jake Long (please) or a defensive lineman or Ryan or McFadden at #3. There will be comparable value at 3 as compared to 1.

Quote:

It was a 4th rounder and I'm sure several GMs would have been willing to give up more if they thought he'd respond like he did. I don't know where you're getting this "trades are generally for low round picks" when the trade involves a player like DeAngelo Hall. Hall is the best young CB in the game and a Hall of Fame talent. We gave up the 15th pick of the draft for John Abraham. Chargers gave up a second rounder for Chris Chambers.

Quote:

I'm sure they would love to make this trade, but it's a homer trade. Never happen. He may go somewhere else, hopefully, but we'll get more than that for him.

I have to believe this is not true. There is no clear cut top pick so there is now way in hell any gm would give up so much to move 3 spots to get a guy they m,ight can get if they stand pat. Hell, i hope dolphins do draft ryan, who I do like, so the falcons can land jake long. I'm not sure if maybe long should be as RT eventually so 1 name to think about is Andre Smith. Man, I love this guy. He will be a jr in 08 so he will prolly come out. If he does, wow, I cant imagine having him and long as out OT's. WOW! A man can dream cant he? lol.