Petition to have Shareef's pic removed from site.

bumpyphish1

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I wish I could find the articles because I don't remember exactly what he said and truthfully it probably wasn't anything awful if I read it now, but it was pretty crappy of him to say at the time. It was mostly just shots at the organization and fans and while they were probably true, he should have kept them to himself.

I would just as soon forget that era. Reefs 20 and 10 are kinda like Zach Randolphs 20 and 10. He actually did more harm than good. The guy was a loser as a ball player. He was a great guy and had alot of class just not much heart on the court. I think its awesome that alot of the old player are up there and the picture of Smoove from the dunk contest is up there. Its all great work indeed. IMO however Reef sticks out like a sore thumb with the Hawk greats though.

Quote:

I think it would be funny to see one banner of a bunch of scrubs from way back when. Hanno, Drobnjak, Obinna, Hendu...you catch my drift. But it should be weighted about 1/20 so people don't get upset about seeing them all the time. I think it would be funny and also have people realize when they rip on JJ, Chill, Smoove, Marv, Z...that it could be worse.

HAHAHA I am all for that, even if it only shows up 1% of the time or something. Either the all-time scrubs, or the all-Babcock scrubs, or maybe the fan favorites.

Either way they look great right now.

Honestly, I wouldn't care. It's not like I hate the guy. He's just out of his league and I want him gone. It's not his fault. I would say it's BK's, but apparently it's the owners' fault instead. I've already got a personalized Woody banner in my signature.

• Premium Member

Quote:

He is hated on by some just like Joe would be if he were to be traded away. I could understand if Reef left as a FA that we were trying to re-sign but it's not like he could control being sent away. The trade for him was probably the busiest the Squawk has ever been at one time. I think it was Jay Walker that broke the news of the trade for him in the chat that night and many of us stayed online well past midnight chatting about it.

I was there!

As for "personal hell" banners, give me some Bob Sura love. slap.gif

bsura_040402.jpg

Quote:

So it sounds like you are volunteering for the Woodson personalized banner then. I will make sure I can find 6 great images of him for you. Maybe even one in a nice Hawaiian shirt.

Actually my personalized banner would be Walter drivel that shows the same stuff every time.

Quote:

I would just as soon forget that era. Reefs 20 and 10 are kinda like Zach Randolphs 20 and 10. He actually did more harm than good. The guy was a loser as a ball player. He was a great guy and had alot of class just not much heart on the court. I think its awesome that alot of the old player are up there and the picture of Smoove from the dunk contest is up there. Its all great work indeed. IMO however Reef sticks out like a sore thumb with the Hawk greats though.

Careful, because if Reef's stats were meaningless then what does that say about the teams current stars? Reef was a good player, just not a great player. He would have made a very good second option to someone like a Kobe Bryant (ala Pau Gasol) or as part of an ensamble cast like Detroit where you have someone like Billups to take over down the stretch.

I agree and it seems that the majority of the posters here agree as well. I am pretty flexible about making this site what everyone wants it to be but there was almost zero chance I was taking Reef out anyway because I really appreciate and respect the guy.

Quote:

Hilarious.

Reef did everything he could here and remember his teams were better than this one the last 4 years.

Exatcly, leave Reef there. He deserves to be remembered, he did a lot for this city.

Reef we Love u man! Fucck Bumoyfish.