• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

has everybody forgot about dj shockley

devinbobo35

I love pulling for the underdog, but I think Shockley is short (6 ft) to throw over the big linemen. He's a stop gap measure at best. Vick was the same size but had amazing mobility. We have to draft a QB for the future. Although I guess it's in the second or third round.

Quote:

Shockley doesn't have the talent to be a really good NFL QB. He would probably be equal or worse than Quincy Carter.

Shockley couldn't carry Quincy's rock, I mean, jock. Seriously, his mechanics and decision making are poor. If we want to lose and get a high pick, why not?

• Moderators

Quote:

Shockley doesn't have the talent to be a really good NFL QB. He would probably be equal or worse than Quincy Carter.

I don't get the comparison with Carter. Shockley is much smarter and more responsible than Carter (i.e., not a druggie headcase) and doesn't have the physical talent of Carter. They don't seem like very good comparisons to me.

I agree that Shockley hasn't given me any reason to trust him as a starter.

• Moderators

Quote:

Do you Georgia bandwagoners ever give it a rest?

??

I'm not sure what you are talking about.

I said Carter had a ton of physical talent but had mush for brains and was a druggie.

I said Shockley has the integrity and is much smarter and more dedicated than Carter but doesn't have the physical talent or any track record of success in the NFL.

How is that UGA bandwagoning when I am saying neither should be considered (or put into plans as) an NFL starter until they prove it?

• Moderators

Quote:

People are always petitioning for the Falcons to sign former UGA players.

That is because they passed on a hell of a lot of good ones. We can't get a decent receiver in Atlanta and yet we pass on Hines Ward. That sort of thing!

Quote:

Quote:

That is because they passed on a hell of a lot of good ones. We can't get a decent receiver in Atlanta and yet we pass on Hines Ward. That sort of thing!

Didn't Hines Ward play Quarterback at UGA?

• Moderators

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Didn't Hines Ward play Quarterback at UGA?

He was playing wide receiver when Mike Bobo went down for the season and he took over the QB spot. It was always known he would play WR at the next level (which is why he was a first day pick at that position).

In the third round of the draft, the Falcons took Miami WR Jammi Germann and passed on Ward who went later in the round to the Pittsburgh Steelers. Can you imagine how perfect a fit he would have been as a blocker in the Vick era? Ugh.