• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Anyone have a Headache?

Brotha2ThaNite

Quote:

Man, I'm trying to slow down on my drinking but....

Maybe I need to buy a domain name to stress our true feelings about this Ownership holding onto Woody.

I kind of understand why the wouldn't fire him. It's all about the money to them. Their goal would be just to make the playoffs this year and the Hawks are somehow are right in the thick of it with a 10 game below .500 record. And if they fire Woodson now, they'd waste some more money paying Woodson the remaining of his contract.

Quote:

Quote:

Man, I'm trying to slow down on my drinking but....

Maybe I need to buy a domain name to stress our true feelings about this Ownership holding onto Woody.

I kind of understand why the wouldn't fire him. It's all about the money to them. Their goal would be just to make the playoffs this year and the Hawks are somehow are right in the thick of it with a 10 game below .500 record. And if they fire Woodson now, they'd waste some more money paying Woodson the remaining of his contract.

Man, we are 4 - 13 from our last 17 games played.

Somethings you just gotta do. I bet, if we fire Woody, replace him with an Asst Coach we would go on a run, the fans would start to come to the game. The best time to do this is now because after March 14 I see us going on a run with the very easy games coming. If we still have Woody it may not be so easy.... HE KILLS THIS TEAM.

Gearon Jr has now backed himself into a corner. He can't fire Woodson because he then admits that he should have listened to BK earlier in the season. Since Jr wants to fire BK and take over at the end of the seasoon, Jr can't give BK any credit. Yet, the team is playing horribly because they have tuned out Woodson. Thus, the self-delusional Gearon Jr has placed himself in a position where he can't fire Woody without looking like a complete fool. Of course, keeping Woodson makes look him just as bad. And the cycle continues...

The NBA needs to do a case study on the ASG. The results then need to be put in a booklet for all incoming owners. The book should be called "How to Be the Worst: The Atlanta Hawks Saga"

• Moderators

The owners could suck it up and do the right thing. They have to do it sometime. There is no way they can come back next year with Woody as the coach. The only thing that could save him now is a 1st round playoff win which isn't going to happen. Even if we play to our ability the team isn't deep enough to win a playoff series.

So Woody is the lamest of lame ducks. The fans don't want him, BK doesn't want him, and I'm guessing the players won't want him either.

If I had to guess I'd say BK and Woody are gone in the offseason. Bring this same team, same coach, save gm back next year and you'd see some empty seats.

I agree that both BK and Woody won't be back NEXT year, but Gearon won't allow the firing of Woody this season beacause, in a perverse sense, the firing makes Gearon look bad.

My point is that Gearon backed himself into a corner by not going along w/ his GM. When you assume you are the smartest guy in the building, and you aren't, this is exactly what happens. Gearon should have listened to BK when Woody's firing came up. Now, we the fans and the players, are suffering from Gearon's ego.

Quote:

I agree that both BK and Woody won't be back NEXT year, but Gearon won't allow the firing of Woody this season beacause, in a perverse sense, the firing makes Gearon look bad.

My point is that Gearon backed himself into a corner by not going along w/ his GM. When you assume you are the smartest guy in the building, and you aren't, this is exactly what happens. Gearon should have listened to BK when Woody's firing came up. Now, we the fans and the players, are suffering from Gearon's ego.

Fire them both at the same time.