• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

All the Salim Haters Please Stand Up. lol

Brotha2ThaNite

The kat is doing what I thought he could do if giving the minutes. For the mth of March (6 games) he is shooting .476 fg-pct. and .438 3fg-pct.

Coachx I still do not see the facts were you said "Salim is not a good spot up shooter." He did pretty good last night with his spot up Jumper. tongue.gif

side notes -

• I still think Marvin should be the 1st to good next year. That boy is good for some good free throws/fouls. He has been playing ok as of late too.

• I would still trade him and Zaza... Find some way to get us a BIG. Get rid of him because everyone in the league thinks he is good.

• We want to get mad at JJ for not playing well... well I think Bob and Steve hits it every night when they say, "Get JJ some rest." That is all on Woody. I don't care what JJ says, BENCH his butt for about 5 to 7 minutes a game. We needs his legs fresh in the 4th. This is why we do not see much game out of JJ in the 4th because his legs are gone from playing all the minutes. Give Mario those minutes WOODY!

Well, let me stop now, I'm getting a headache thinking about this DUMB ASSER WE HAVE AS A COACH.

Nothing like a childish game of personal agendas.

You were hyping Salim when he was stinking it up and had a cold shooting hand. Now that he has finally played 6 good games you want to play the "I told you so game." If you wait around long enough anyone is bound to eventully get out of their slump. When Salim continued to stink it up after you hyped him daily, I did not start any post to diss Salim's play. That would be pretty childish don't you think ?

Congrats to Salim for having 6 good games and hoping he has 20 more to finish the season. Most people wait for one to produce before they give dap.

As far as my comments of Salim being a better "scorer" then pure catch and shoot / shooter. Just watch him play now or look at his shooting % at the time I made that comment.

I don't root for or any Hawks player to fail. However, when a guy is playing like crap I don't post they should get more paying time either . Now that Salim is playing well I agree he deserves some credit for it.

Before that game yesterday, he was shooting 45% FG and 30% 3pt in March... barely adequate for a 6'-1'' shooter that play questionable defense. I wonder why you didn't posted this before yesterday's game? shhh.gif

BTW, counting when he has "consistent minutes" (mid-Feb), Salim is shooting 40% FG and 29% 3pt even if you add yesterday's game (38% FG 10% 3pt w/o that game).

Quote:

Nothing like a childish game of personal agendas.

You were hyping Salim when he was stinking it up and had a cold shooting hand. Now that he has finally played 6 good games you want to play the "I told you so game." If you wait around long enough anyone is bound to eventully get out of their slump. When Salim continued to stink it up after you hyped him daily, I did not start any post to diss Salim's play. That would be pretty childish don't you think ?

Congrats to Salim for having 6 good games and hoping he has 20 more to finish the season. Most people wait for one to produce before they give dap.

As far as my comments of Salim being a better "scorer" then pure catch and shoot / shooter. Just watch him play now or look at his shooting % at the time I made that comment.

I don't root for or any Hawks player to fail. However, when a guy is playing like crap I don't post they should get more paying time either . Now that Salim is playing well I agree he deserves some credit for it.

I know what you are but what am I? LOL

j/k man.

No but I think what ppl who supported Salim was trying to say at the time you guys were bashing him is that "Salim needs balance minutes every night." If you notice, this it the 1st time this year his minutes have been pretty much reg. No Player can produce with the type of time he was getting at the beginning of the year. He would have a good game... Woody would not play him the next 2 or 3 games. How can you get made at a player with those type of minutes.

Quote:

Before that game yesterday, he was shooting 45% FG and 30% 3pt in March... barely adequate for a 6'-1'' shooter that play questionable defense.
I wonder why you didn't posted this before yesterday's game?
shhh.gif

BTW, counting when he has "consistent minutes" (mid-Feb), Salim is shooting 40% FG and 29% 3pt even if you add yesterday's game (38% FG 10% 3pt w/o that game).

You know I wonder why ppl who bash him don't bash him on the night he plays well. ass.gif

My contention is that Salim is not a good enough all around player to get consistent minutes on a mediocre or better team. If he wants to stick in the NBA, he either needs to find a way to play well in limited minutes or he needs to get traded to an awful team. Once Acie is healthy, Salim's minutes will go down again because Bibby and Law are better than he is. And why should it be otherwise?

Quote:

I'll stand up and say I'm glad his attitude on the court has changed, and it's been a good thing for the Hawks.

I would say that is a big "Hell to that naw, sharty" lol

I wish he would crack Woody over the head. Maybe, he would become a better coach. lol

It's funny how Diaw bashed a bad coach named WOODY after getting traded. I know Diaw is not all that great but he saw something that we as fans could not see.

Quote:

It's funny how Diaw bashed a bad coach named WOODY after getting traded. I know Diaw is not all that great but he saw something that we as fans could not see.

Not really. Watch Woody's body language when things are bad. He's not a fighter, he's a taker. Some coaches stand up and, you know, uncross their arms and coach a little. He's a defeated scrub who doesn't care because he's got a nice car to drive to his nice home. No man with any dignity or pride could act the way he does.

• Premium Member

Quote:

I wish he would crack Woody over the head. Maybe, he would become a better coach. lol

Hmm.. I was ready for Woody to leave at the end of his second year.

Quote:

The kat is doing what I thought he could do if giving the minutes. For the mth of March (6 games) he is shooting
fg-pct. and
3fg-pct.

Coachx I still do not see the facts were you said "Salim is not a good spot up shooter." He did pretty good last night with his spot up Jumper.
tongue.gif

side notes -

• I still think Marvin should be the 1st to good next year. That boy is good for some good free throws/fouls. He has been playing ok as of late too.

• I would still trade him and Zaza... Find some way to get us a BIG. Get rid of him because everyone in the league thinks he is good.

• We want to get mad at JJ for not playing well... well I think Bob and Steve hits it every night when they say, "Get JJ some rest." That is all on Woody. I don't care what JJ says, BENCH his butt for about 5 to 7 minutes a game. We needs his legs fresh in the 4th. This is why we do not see much game out of JJ in the 4th because his legs are gone from playing all the minutes. Give Mario those minutes WOODY!

Well, let me stop now, I'm getting a headache thinking about this DUMB ASSER WE HAVE AS A COACH.

Man don't stun these guys with logic and facts, they can't handle the truth.

I'm not one to bash players, particularly our own guys, but honestly I'm not a huge Salim fan and I think it's obvious that he's only playing because we traded away our healthy PGs and Acie is still working his way back into shape.

I'm happy for him that he's shooting better (although he still takes some out-of-control pull-up jumpers too early in the shot clock), but when he scores it's rarely in an important situation. We all know he's a great shooter with range, accuracy, quick release, etc.... but because of his height and limited defense/passing skills I think he'd do well on a better team like Cleveland or Dallas that has several players to draw the defense in so he can spread the court and hit some shots. Essentially, he's a poor man's Mike Bibby, and we already have one of those in Mike Bibby...

I will say that the thing I love most about Salim is that he is a vegan LOL.

Guest Walter

Quote:

Quote:

Hmm.. I was ready for Woody to leave at the end of his second year.

So was I. Same with BK. Why does it take people so long to see through the bullshit? This rebuild was dead before it started.

W

Quote:

So was I. Same with BK. Why does it take people so long to see through the bullshit? This rebuild was dead before it started.

W

Most people have been dissatisfied with BK for years, we just don't feel the need to repeatedly beat a dead horse without offering any insight.

Before BK came to Atlanta, remember, he was with a very successful Pacers team... and then with the Griz he got Gasol from us before picking Battier instead of high-upside busts like Eddie Griffin & Rodney White. Of course, Stro Swift was a bust but the pick seemed solid at the time.

I'm not going to go into his history here in ATL because I haven't liked anything he's done since he picked Diaw/Hansen and then Childress (except Smoove, of course, which you remember was b/c he unloaded Shareef's contracts for Rasheed). But, you have to keep the ownership situation in mind at the time, and BK was actually pretty adept at dumping contracts like Big Dog & Shareef for AOL/Time Warner..... making the Hawks more attractive to potential buyers.

He's still a stubborn dunce who probably should have been fired sometime last year after the Shelden debacle, but there was a time where it actually seemed like he knew what he was doing. Of course, the irony of it is that I actually agree with the Horford pick and Bibby trade, and Acie wasn't terrible at #11, but the damage was already done...