• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

How Do We Stop Our Opponents From Scoring So Much?

JackB1

Obviously, this is our current biggest problem? So how do we fix it and what

has been the cause of it? Is is just our guys playing lazy D? I feel Woodson

should be inserting West in there for 2 minute chunks all throughout the game,

just to keep some emphasis on defense.

On the other hand, our offense has been coming around lately. Bibby is getting

better and JJ is stepping up and Marvin looks to be getting back to his old form.

Salim is contributing. Josh Smith has been scoring less his last 5 or so game and

that has also hurt us.

So what do we do? Should we continue to try and outrun the other team and just try and outscore them the way Phoenix does? What were we doing in the beginning of the season that we aren't doing now? Did we just run into a bunch of hot teams? Is is because of Bibby?

What happened to hard nosed man on man defense? We always play some form of crap zone where all of our 6'8'' guys can switch. Ooooh. Give me mtm any day.

Oh, and Woodson is one of the five worst professional basketball coaches in history. That plays a bit of a factor.

1. Stop the guard pentration.

Rafer Alston / Bobby Jackson and company should not be able to drive and kick to the open man all night.

2. We have to know who the shooters are and STAY on them. Simple BB IQ / coaching and know when to use a zone and when not too.

3. Horford needs to give up a lay up or two rather then get in early foul trouble again. If he does get 2nd fould half way through the 1st quarter he should still get some burn in the 2nd quarter (Woody's call).

4. Houston has no low post presence. They will be cutting, driving, and kicking all night. (Reasons to do 1 & 2)

5.Give McGrady an early jumpshot or two to prove he is hot / try to keep him out of the paint and give him some jumpers until he really makes you pay for it.

6. Match their energy

7. Match their energy

8. Match their energy

So much of defense is about energy. Houston has the confidence and the energy of a team on a 19 game winning streak. Some how the Hawks have to match that energy and hustle. If it takes 2 minute doses of West throughout the game to keep the defensive intensity up, then so be it.

Houston really wants to win right now. I don't know if our guys "want it" enough. Guess we will see tonight. A win tonight vs. a red hot Houston team could be a major turning point for this Hawks team in getting some "swagger" back.

Quote:

Move Joe to 3. He should then stay in the rotation for 30 minutes and just shadow their shooter.

That is a good move. Heck, Woody used to start Royal Ivey for defense so why not West (both went undrafted). The reason is Marvin is BK's scared cow. Maybe now that the relationship is broken Woody will stir the pot and try some new things or new line ups.

I wouldn't hold my breath but I agree that West in the starting the line up could jump start or at least spark the team defense.

Don't play Chillz for 30+ minutes....he is a liability. I'm having nightmares in the daytime, with him possibly matched up on McGrady...

Stop double-teaming anybody with a basketball. If we double Dikembe, one phucking time, Imma lose it.

Try to keep Smoove inda paint on D. He changes pretty much every shot that comes in there. He tends to leave his man on the outside, because he has to protect the paint. Which leaves shooters open. I would have him guard Mutombo, for this game...just so he can lurk. And have Al check Scola and his high post game. This will also help out Bibby and his perimeter D, cause he knows...Smoove is back there.

Quote:

Quote:

Move Joe to 3. He should then stay in the rotation for 30 minutes and just shadow their shooter.

That is a good move. Heck, Woody used to start Royal Ivey for defense so why not West (both went undrafted). The reason is Marvin is BK's scared cow. Maybe now that the relationship is broken Woody will stir the pot and try some new things or new line ups.

I wouldn't hold my breath but I agree that West in the starting the line up could jump start or at least spark the team defense.

Ivey never played past the 6 minute tv timeout in da 1st and 3rd quarters. And dat was his minutes for da night.. What kinda sheit is dat? What other coach does this?

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Ivey never played past the 6 minute tv timeout in da 1st and 3rd quarters. And dat was his minutes for da night.. What kinda sheit is dat? What other coach does this?

12 minutes for West a night is better then 2 minutes for West a night. Makes sense to me.

What other coach had the same caliber players as Royal Ivey and Tyron Lue as the only PGs on the roster ? There lies your answer.

Quote:

Quote:

I wouldn't hold my breath but I agree that West in the starting the line up could jump start or at least spark the team defense. Royal Ivey was drafted in the 2nd round before Chris Duhon