• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hall trade falling apart?

Admin

Quote:

HALL TRADE FALLING APART?

Posted by Michael David Smith on March 17, 2008, 7:17 p.m.

There are conflicting reports about the trade to send Atlanta Falcons cornerback DeAngelo Hall to the Oakland Raiders.

Over the weekend, the trade was widely reported to be all but signed, sealed and delivered. Today Steve Wyche of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution reported that the trade is nearly final.

But Hall himself denied that the trade was close. And Adam Schefter reported today on NFL Network that the sides are not as optimistic that the deal will get done as they previously were.

“It doesn’t look like, right now, this trade is going to come to be,” Schefter reported today.

The Falcons and Raiders appear to have agreed in principle that the trade will consist of the Falcons sending second- and sixth-round picks to the Raiders, but the Raiders are only interested in consummating the trade if they’ve worked out a contract that will keep Hall happy, and right now no such contract is in place.

If a contract agreement is reached, Hall will be a Raider. If not, this trade isn’t happening.

The guys on the Falcons forum I visit said the same thing. Although the AJC says the trade is nearly done, and it's just waiting on details of a reworked contract for Hall. Rumors say that the Raiders were trying to sign Asomugha to a monster 8 year, 100+ million deal, which of course would impact Hall's contract situation.

I've also heard that the Giants were willing to give their 1st rounder plus a player (unknown) for Hall but they were unable to work out a contract with him. The same happened when Jacksonville contacted us about a possible trade for Hall as well. At this point, I'm still resigned to losing Hall and getting picks for him, and I think that's the Falcons best bet since they're clearly going into rebuilding mode.

Quote:

The Falcons and Raiders appear to have agreed in principle that the trade will consist of the Falcons sending second- and sixth-round picks to the Raiders

I always question the validity of someone who has mistakes like these. They would send the picks to us . How thorough is he?

Has Wyche responded with any new information?

AJC now saying Hall and Oak came to an agreement.

Quote:

Hall close to finalizing deal with Raiders

Two-time Pro Bowl CB to sign contract with Oakland Thursday

By STEVE WYCHE

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

Published on: 03/18/08

Falcons two-time Pro Bowl cornerback DeAngelo Hall told the AJC Tuesday that he will finalize a contract with Oakland by Thursday morning and that a trade between Atlanta and the Raiders will be consummated shortly thereafter.

Hall said he is scheduled to fly to Oakland Wednesday to meet with team officials and sign a new contract.

"There is just some tweaking of the language that needs to be done, some minor details," Hall said of contract negotiations. "No deal breakers."

Atlanta will receive Oakland's second- and sixth-round picks in the April 26-27 NFL draft. The compensation will give the Falcons four selections in the first 48 picks of the draft — three in the second round. Atlanta holds the No. 3 overall pick along with the 36th and 48th picks.

Once the trade is completed, the Falcons would add the 34th overall selection currently held by Oakland.

I bet it has something to do w/ this, yea SURE KCarter had a "change of heart", more likely Al Davis said "Kevin, it's not you it's me, but we can still be friends." nod.gif LOL

Quote:

Reports: Carter chooses Bucs over Raiders

ESPN.com news services

Defensive end Kevin Carter has reportedly decided to re-sign with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers rather than sign with the Oakland Raiders.

The Tampa Tribune and St. Petersburg Times are reporting that Carter agreed to a one-year deal to return to Tampa Bay, spurning a two-year offer from Oakland. He reportedly will make less than what he was paid last year before the Bucs cut him last month in a salary cap move to avoid paying a roster bonus.

"It was big money he turned down, but he went with his heart rather than the pocket," Carter's agent, Harold Lewis, told the Tampa Tribune. "A lot of people would have taken the wallet. Taken more money and the guarantees to go to another city. Kevin has been playing for a long time, he's 34 years old, saved a lot of money and found a place he and his family would like to call home for the next 34 years."

The Tampa Tribune reported that Carter will compete for the starting spot at left defensive end with Greg White and the newly acquired Marques Douglas.

"In the end, he realized he's never been happier playing football," Lewis told the St. Petersburg Times.

Carter had 73 tackles, three sacks, a forced fumble and fumble recovery in his first season with the Buccaneers. He has played in every game during his 13-year NFL career with Tampa Bay, Miami, Tennessee and St. Louis.

Carter, who has 100½ career sacks, was a first-round pick out of Florida in 1995 by the Rams.

http://www.ajc.com/sports/content/sports/f...burst_0319.html

Falcons will have 6 picks in the first 3 rounds. Reminds you of Dallas getting all of those picks from Minnesota in the Herschel Walker trade that built their dynasty. I am totally for this trade. As talented as Hall is, we don't need his immaturity rubbing off on all of our young draft picks. There are much better role models to learn from then Hall. This is the beginning of a true culture change.

Giving a guy like Dimitroff, (a proven college talent evaluator), 6 picks through the first 3 rounds is a heck of a good start.

Falcons Picks:

#3 / 1st round

#34 / Raiders 2nd rounder

#36 / our own 2nd rounder

#48 / Texans 2nd rounder (from Scaubb trade / Thanks McKay !)

#? / our own 3rd rounder

#?/ Texans 3rd rounder (from Schaubb trade / Thanks Again McKay !)

This should be the best draft in the history of the Falcons' franshise.....the beginning of a whole new era !

Quote:

Quote:

The guys on the Falcons forum I visit said the same thing.

What forum do you visit ?

I like at the one at realgm at times.

Is there a forum for the Falcons equivalent to Hawksquawk ?

falcons.scout.com - I post there under the same user name.

It's not nearly the equivalent of the squawk, but you'd be honestly hard-pressed to find any sports forum that can lay claim to that.

The only sports forum for a single team that I know of that has more activity is finheaven.com, they are up to almost 2 million posts in their "homecourt" forum. I wonder where all those people are during Dolphins games LOL.

So do you feel like a 2nd rounder this year and a 5th rounder next year is enough for Hall? Someone in another thread said he was a future hall of famer, which I think is drastically premature to label him as, but if that's the case is getting a 2nd round pick that may or may not do well in the NFL and an unlikely to make it 5th rounder worth it for a guy who is a future hall of famer? Talent wise I think he was definitely worth a mid to high first round pick but with the new contract and his questionable attitude I guess a high 2nd was the best you could get.

Quote:

So do you feel like a 2nd rounder this year and a 5th rounder next year is enough for Hall? Someone in another thread said he was a future hall of famer, which I think is drastically premature to label him as, but if that's the case is getting a 2nd round pick that may or may not do well in the NFL and an unlikely to make it 5th rounder worth it for a guy who is a future hall of famer? Talent wise I think he was definitely worth a mid to high first round pick but with the new contract and his questionable attitude I guess a high 2nd was the best you could get.

i think he has the TALENT to be a future hall of famer. ive seen him shutdown the best WRs in the game. however, ive also seen him get beat by no name WRs. if he can control his emotions and play under control, he's definitely worthy of a 1st round pick (mid to high). but i can see why we split ways. maybe its for the better. gettin 2nd + 5th round picks is as good as we are going to get?

Quote:

Quote:

i think he has the TALENT to be a future hall of famer. ive seen him shutdown the best WRs in the game. however, ive also seen him get beat by no name WRs. if he can control his emotions and play under control, he's definitely worthy of a 1st round pick (mid to high). but i can see why we split ways. maybe its for the better. gettin 2nd + 5th round picks is as good as we are going to get?

It had more to do with teams not being able to negotiate a contract with Hall, rather than him being undervalued. The Giants offered their 1st rounder and a player but that was nixed when they couldn't work out a deal with Hall. The Jags also tried to negotiate a deal but were also unsuccessful. I wish Hall the best, but it was clear he was only looking for money. You can't even begin to argue that the Raiders are the winning team/environment Hall was talking about.