• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Just watched Fargo

Plainview1981

Quote:

Ok movie, but not a 10/10. I'd give it a 7/10.

I enjoyed it. It's awkward and fun, but I just don't think it's great. Just not a movie that I would call a masterpiece or a movie to remember for the rest of my life.

It's a true story. They took these terrible events and made them... funny. Great is such a different bar for so many different people. You know? I might not say great, but it's a good one. I'm a much bigger fan of Lebowski. Cool story. Bridges and Goodman are on top of their game. It's got Flea and Sam Elliot, a possibly disease free at the time Tara Reid. Phillip Seymour Hoffman. I did not like The Ladykillers. Probably my least favorite Hanks movie this side of Turner & Hooch.

Check out Miller's Crossing. It's a Gangster flick set in the 30's, I think. Gabriel Byrne, John Turturro. It's one of their earlier movies.

• Moderators

I really enjoyed Fargo, although I imagine that after having been parodied repeatedly over the last decade that it loses some of the sparkle. I would give it a solid 8/10. It doesn't reach legendary status for me but is a very good movie.

Quote:

If you haven't seen Capote you definitely have to rent that one. He was incredible in that. He has definitely become one of my favorite actors and he has a lot of range.

If you like PSH then you def need to check out Owning Mahowny. It was released about 3/4 years ago (?) and was under the radar. Based on the true story of a Canadian guy who handles large accounts at a bank, and then steals money out of them to support his gambling habit. Also stars Minnie Driver and John Hurt. Excellent movie.

Speaking of movies, has anyone here seen The Foot Fist Way???? Ive heard rave reviews about it, and cant find it for sale anywhere. Might end up having to buy it online.

Hmm, I've never heard of Owning Mahowny but it sounds really good. I will look for it and watch it when I get a chance.

Never heard of The Foot Fist Way either but man it has a crazy IMDB rating (9.7). Sounds like another one to look for.

Quote:

Anything less than a 9/10 on Lebowski and a person losses all credibility for rating movies in my book. That is one of the best movies ever made.

Couldn't agree with you more Dolf. The Big Lebowski is easily one of my top 3 movies of all time. Any one who barely puts it over a 6 really shouldn't be rating movies anyway. But if he is just now getting around to Fargo then he's behind on some classics. I would encourage people to watch it more than once. For some reason I thought it was so-so the first time I watched it. It seemed to get better and better each time thereafter.

Any one who barely puts it over a 6 really shouldn't be rating movies anyway.

Well for one. I saw this movie about 7 or 8 years ago and I don't remember too much about it now. Perhaps that means it deserves a re watch, but also it didn't stick out for me. I'm not the biggest fan of comedy movies in the first place. As for your thoughts on that people shouldn't be rating movies if they don't love this one... I simply say... Take your head out of your @ss.

That's all.