• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Getting temporary custody of 8th. brings this??

Gray Mule

Hawks are weak in the weak east, that's true. We're finally, after so many months and years, they are firmly, at least for right now, in 8th place in the playoff race.

Yet the majority of the posts now are about getting rid of current players - give them away, even - why?

Sure, we all know the Hawks have some weak points. But, some of the ideas out there are way out there.

Seems to me we should really be enjoying being in the playoff race, bad as our record,

team and conference appear. It's been a long time coming. Let's just enjoy what we

have and what we're doing right now and worry about the future after the season.

FOR NOW - - GO HAWKS !!!!!

It's too easy to be upbeat, so they always have to have some sort of drama going on about the Hawks. Plus, they're afraid to be positive, for fear of being let down again.

To me, these next 7 games are our most critical stretch of the season. There is no excuse for this team to not win 4 or 5 of these games during that stretch. I guess they're waiting to see how we play against Chicago in the 2 games this week, before really getting excited about our possible position in the playofffs.

Until then, keep expecting episodes of "The Young and the Squawkless" on this board.

I hear ya' man !

We just won 4 out of our last 5 games including a win over a tough and motivated Magic team. The weaknesses we had been showing are going away.

1. The Hawks are closing out on 3 point shooters MUCH better as of late

2. Bibby looks much healthier as his minutes AND quality of play are up on both ends of the floor.

3. Even ZaZa is playing better. He was really banging with Howard last night which was refreshing.

4. JJ is playing like a legit allstar and team leader

That Magic win was probably our best win (team performance) since the win over the Lakers.

There is a lot to be happy about in Hawksville.

So many of us get all caught up in what could happen next year/off season (maybe b/c there is no hope of a 1st round pick) that we forget to "take it one game at a time" and enjoy the moment.

We have a road of "easier" games ahead where we could really seperate ourselves from the pack for the 8th seed and make a run at the 76ers or Wizards for 7th or 6th.

Coming into the year all we wanted was an #8 seed for the playoffs and most of us predicted between 36 - 40 wins. We are going to hit that mark and now have a veteran PG who has been clutch in past playoffs. There is no position on the floor more important then PG when it comes to having playoff expierence.

Go HAWKS !

The Playoffs are coming !

champagne.gif

Reason is because Atlanta has some of the most pessimistic fans in all of sports.

I don't blame them too much because of the poor fortune this city has had with sports, but my goodness is there a lot of doom and gloom.

You'd think we were giving Phoenix a top 3 pick with some of the posts around here.

Instead they may not even get a lottery pick as we make the playoffs for the first time since the turn of the century.

Who cares what our odds are of winning? Getting this 800 pound gorilla off our back is the biggest issue. And in the playoffs anything can hapen

We are the 4th youngest team in the league and playoff bound and people want to blow the team up. Does that make any sense?

• Premium Member

We need to keep this bumped. Not only are we in the playoffs, but it appears that now the players seem to believe in their power to keep us there. I was a little concerned a few weeks ago when we started looking a little lethargic out there, but the team woke up. JJ's play is evidence of that. He's going all out and the team appears to be following his lead. Bibby has been a much welcomed part of this team and has meshed well with his teammates. We control our own destiny and we have to fend off the rest of these teams that are gunning for the 8th spot the last few games of this season. Man, if you can't strap in and be a fan now, then when?

• Premium Member

Quote:

Wait a sec, this entire thread has been nothing but positivity and a nice outlook on the Hawks season and prospects for the playoffs and beyond. Surely someone will come into this thread and be the negative Nancy, right?

That shouldn't happen. The truth is that we're in this thing because we played our way into it this past week. I'm already a fan, I just needed to see the players "play" for it like they wanted it rather than moonwalking into the playoffs because everybody else was tanking. I've seen what I needed to see. They want to be in the playoffs and they are willing to fight tooth and nail to get there. We'll have to face some of the very teams that are in contention for that 8th spot, and I say bring them on. When it's all said and done, we'll be in the playoffs and the only thing they'll have to look forward to is a lottery pick. jedi.gif

It is what it is... we're all Hawks fans and want the team to win badly -- that starts with making the playoffs this season. Still, you can't ignore the flaws on this team -- beginning with coaching and extending to several missing pieces -- that will prevent us from being one the league's better teams unless drastic changes are made.

I think people are happy that we're tasting some level of current success, but realize the Hawks are far from being an elite team -- the latter is where the criticism is directed. As others have mentioned, It is good to see us actually fighting for the playoff spot rather than just backing into it...

You know I was thinking the same thing after the big Orlando win. I was expecting to see the board overflowing with positive posts the next day, but all I see are posts about trading players. I was like...WTF??? I think everyone here is afraid to take that leap into "optimism" because they have been burned before. I can't say I blame you guys, but things are looking up people! The next 5 games will show a lot. They are 5 games we should win against teams who have a worse record than us. We need to not letdown on any of these games and take care of business.

YOU GOTTA BELIEVE PEOPLE!!!!! THE PLAYOFFS ARE COMING!!!!!!

Quote:

You know I was thinking the same thing after the big Orlando win. I was expecting to see the board overflowing with positive posts the next day, but all I see are posts about trading players. I was like...WTF??? I think everyone here is afraid to take that leap into "optimism" because they have been burned before. I can't say I blame you guys, but things are looking up people! The next 5 games will show a lot. They are 5 games we should win against teams who have a worse record than us. We need to not letdown on any of these games and take care of business.

YOU GOTTA BELIEVE PEOPLE!!!!! THE PLAYOFFS ARE COMING!!!!!!

Maybe the more positive guys were busy with Easter plans ? At least I was.

hey we might complain about ownership, coaches, management, players, et all; but at the end of the day we are all hawks fans, and I know I am til the day I die. I don't care if we re-sign Billy and Woody 'til eternity and field a full roster of freelancing 6'9" tweeners 'til 2100 I am still a fan.

You won't see any other team's logos popping up on my posts. All I ask for is a team of guys that will play hard every night. They weren't doing that a few weeks ago so I was hot, but now they seem to be.

Lets bring it in for a big Hawksquawk cyber hug.

• Premium Member

Quote:

hey we might complain about ownership, coaches, management, players, et all; but at the end of the day we are all hawks fans, and I know I am til the day I die. I don't care if we re-sign Billy and Woody 'til eternity and field a full roster of freelancing 6'9" tweeners 'til 2100 I am still a fan.

You won't see any other team's logos popping up on my posts. All I ask for is a team of guys that will play hard every night. They weren't doing that a few weeks ago so I was hot, but now they seem to be.

Lets bring it in for a big Hawksquawk cyber hug.

You're right, they weren't playing hard a few weeks ago. I saw that and thought that they had given up on the season even though we were very much in it. But there has been a marked change in the quality of play these past few games. It's as if these guys finally realized what's at stake and started to play like they actually wanted to be in the playoffs. Watching JJ out there turning it on at the right time is amazing. He's leading this team into the playoffs right now. That's exactly what fans need to see to get genuinely excited. I mean, how long has it been since we even had a shot at this point in the season?