• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Zaza?!

Atlantaholic

• Premium Member

What is going on with Zaza?

I didn't watch the last game because the website where I watch streaming games is down (hopefully temporarily), but the game against Chicago and the game against Orlando (especially the Chicago game) Zaza was playing great defense, and judging by the box score in yesterdays game, he had another strong game.

Hopefully this is the Zaza we will be getting the rest of the year, and if that ends up being the case than our bench troubles will find a measure of relief which will go a long way in helping us (hopefully) make the playoffs.

more PT. I thought Woody should have given him more minutes versus Gooden in the CHI game and he was very effective in the NJ loss too. Horford is bound to get worn down playing against bigger players all the time so when Zaza is on a roll, Woody needs to stay with him and give Horford more rest.

I recall one stellar exchange where Charlie V tried to baseline and Zaza got square, cut him off baseline (wow...fundamentals!), and forced him to pass. The pass went too late, the ball bricked and Z and JS got the board. It was an unheralded play, but unlike Zaza in a lot of ways. He has been playing well, but I do think some of the match-ups have been in his favor as well. That's the problem with Woody...he doesn't really seem to know how to play good match-ups. The Bucks front line is softer than a kitten and Z could go in and wreck shop.

Kudos to big Z.

• Premium Member

Quote:

I recall one stellar exchange where Charlie V tried to baseline and Zaza got square, cut him off baseline (wow...fundamentals!), and forced him to pass. The pass went too late, the ball bricked and Z and JS got the board. It was an unheralded play, but unlike Zaza in a lot of ways. He has been playing well, but I do think some of the match-ups have been in his favor as well. That's the problem with Woody...he doesn't really seem to know how to play good match-ups. The Bucks front line is softer than a kitten and Z could go in and wreck shop.

Kudos to big Z.

Like I said, I didn't watch the Milwaukee game, but against Orlando and Chicago I couldn't believe my eyes... Zaza maning up on Howard... stealing the ball and taking it in for a three point play... It was like he was possessed by some kind of spirit.

i've always thought Zaza could be a solid backup Center in this league and he has been showing it recently. Im a fan of him and i think he should continue to see more PT..he plays hard all the time even though the skills arent all there..but he has shown improvement as of late

his problem like with everyone else on this roster is consistency. if was doing this in janurary and februrary we wouldn't have to be worrying about not making the playoffs. i'm glad that he is finally starting to play like he's a big man but i'm mad that it's taken him so long.

Quote:

i've always thought Zaza could be a solid backup Center in this league and he has been showing it recently....

Maybe Zaza has finally gotten over losing the starting spot to Horford ?? I dunno, I'm no insider. Still, he has looked a lot better recently.

One thing about Zaza, he flops and (sometimes) gets the call and we all laugh. Still, in this league, with these refs, if you just stand your ground with your arms straight up, you will be an "and one" machine. Zaza had a nice flop last night that we all laughed about in the chatroom - but he got the call and we got the ball.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Quote:

i've always thought Zaza could be a solid backup Center in this league and he has been showing it recently....

Maybe Zaza has finally gotten over losing the starting spot to Horford ?? I dunno, I'm no insider. Still, he has looked a lot better recently.

One thing about Zaza, he flops and (sometimes) gets the call and we all laugh. Still, in this league, with these refs, if you just stand your ground with your arms straight up, you will be an "and one" machine. Zaza had a nice flop last night that we all laughed about in the chatroom - but he got the call and we got the ball.

His flopping on defense, though comical, hasn't really been the problem IMO... It's his flopping on offense that is ridiculous. When he actually tries to score instead of draw a foul, he is much more effective.