• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

DDT 7/8/03....BIG TRADE!!!

Diesel

• Premium Member

OK, this trade I suggest only if Kidd goes to S.A.

JT (SNT) at 7.2 million/Diaw to S.A. for Parker/Ginoboli.

If S.A. gets Kidd to Sign. Parker friends say that he wants to run his own offense. I get him here. The move would Give us a PG and a SG that can play the game. S.A. will have:

Kidd/JT/Bowen/Duncan/Rose.

We would have:

Parker/Ginoboli/Grob/SAR/Theo.

Any JT lovers, I bet that Parker could take us to the playoffs.

Diesel,

I like both Ginobli and Parker, but I don't know if they are extremely talented players. Especially at the PG position.

I mean, I could look like a decent player playing alongside TD.

So, I don't know if I would do it.

Who knows how good Diaw really is... and I am not sure that Parker is much of an improvement over Terry.

Play.

• Premium Member

Parker is a championship PG. JT is not. We don't need Parker to be a 20/10 player at PG. I mean if he comes in and scores 10 with 9 assists and he plays good defense and runs the offense, he's done what we need.

"Parker is a championship PG."

yo DIESEL, i can be a championship PG playing with the SPURS and vs the nets in the finals... and we all know that if JT switched places with Parker, it would be JT with the ring and Parker on the losing squad.

put thats besides the point

---------------------------------------------------------

i really think a backcourt of KIDD/TERRY will be very effective in this league. Kidd is a very good defender and doesnt mind guarding the KOBEs/McGRADYs of this league.

from a talent point of view, ur trade is very realistic and fair. it kinda reminds me of the SMITH for JJ/JR trade w/o all the attitude/egos involved.

heres the only problem with ur trade. In order for it to work, JT has to have a salary similar to Ginobili + Parker. Both Spurs players are making rookie money and we all know JT can do better than a 2 rookie contracts type salary.

• Premium Member

In reply to:

heres the only problem with ur trade. In order for it to work, JT has to have a salary similar to Ginobili + Parker. Both Spurs players are making rookie money and we all know JT can do better than a 2 rookie contracts type salary.

Actually, JT does not have to have the same salary as Ginobili and Parker. IN fact, their salaries match the qualifying salary we have for JT... However, in a SNT, if Both teams are over the cap, the players salary must match by 15%. But in this case, even with Kidd Being Signed, S.A. is still under the cap enough to afford the 5 million dollars it takes to put JT into a 7 million dollar contract via SNT.

What that means is that we can get this trade done.

of a player. What gives you the indication that Parker could come in here and average 9 apg? That's almost TWICE what he averaged last season and it IS twice what he averaged in the playoffs. Parker is a good player but he's not as good as JT.

Defense? What gives you the idea that this guy is a good defender? He is a mediocre defender at best. Run the offense? You mean come down and throw the ball to Duncan in the low post and wait for DUNCAN to decide whether to kick it out or make something happen in the paint?

Parker hasn't "done" anything other than prove that he can win a championship while playing alongside the best player in the NBA. In fact, had Poppovich not benched parker and gone with Speedy Claxton down the stretch, who knows what might have happened.

this is all im going to say

1)Parker and JT... as far as point guarding stands- they're equal. Please dont make Parker sound like Jason Kidd.

2)If JT had an extra ballhandler, his turnovers would be lower and he would have more help.

3)If JT was on the spurs team, they wouldnt need SPEEDY CLAXTON to come in and finish the job. If Parker was on our team last year, our record would be worse.

all in all... this is all i gotta say

- JT is the better player. Parker is only 21, and down the road- could be a better player... but til then- please stop comparing these two players.

its like comparing Ginobili to Kobe (im exaggerating, but u get the point)