• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Summer League roster

• Premium Member

If we want to increase our athleticism...

Alvin Jones Jr. and Chris Porter would be two guys to add with our others:

JT/Dickau

Hansen/Boris

Grob/Porter/CC

SAR/Hendu

Theo/Nazr/Jones jr.

This squad is crying for a trade.

BTW, I actually like Hansen more than Diaw. Diaw will have to show something. Mainly that he can run the offense. Otherwise, I consider him a wasted Pick.

A. Jones, Porter, Benjamin are solid summer leagues guys who deserve a shot. I have always wondered why A. Jones didn't get more of a chance in the pros as he was a very solid defensive 5 in college with the size to do the same in the pros. I am also glad to see DD in the league b/c he really needs the PT. Other than our draft picks, A. Jones and Benjamin have the best chances of making our roster.

• Premium Member

Just like you, I overlooked 1 guy.

Charles Smith.

He's nothing really special, but he has gametime experience.

I think however, that Knight will have to make a trade before the season starts. I think we will probably take AJJ because he is a good compliment to SAR when Theo is off the floor. A big Rebounding Shot blocking C. However, I think our trading bait will be Nazr (if we resign JT). I look for us to use Nazr to bring in another PG prospect.

I dont know what yall are talking about, its like cheating sending Smith, Benjamin and Porter out there. They must really want to win these summer league games. Benjamin has good D and goes off every year in summer league. Chris Porter is a PF in a SFs body but he is really good but has/had some sort of drug problem, he actually did good for GS though. Charles Smith is just a vet who can play. That team might be able to defend its summer league championship from last year.

I thought the Hawks should have given Corey Benjamin a contract for last season. He played very well, gave some great defensive intensity, and even had a game winning dunk for the Hawks while he was here. The Hawks would have been much better off giving him a guaranteed contract than giving Jermaine Jackson one.

With Benjamin and Porter, you will definitely see a lot of athleticism out there on the floor. These two are big time athletes who can defend.

one of Jones, Holden, or Holman making the team. I think a trade of Nazr for a veteran in the backcourt would make a lot of sense right now. Either an Eric Snow or a Jon Barry type. I like Holden being able to bang down low. I'm a GT fan so that's all I'm gonna say in regards to Jones. I don't have much to base this on but I saw GT vs. Minnesota this year and I remember being very impressed with Jerry Holman. His athleticism was great for a kid his size. I think it would be great to have a rangy athlete at 6'11.

Cory Benjerman will put up really solid numbers in the summer league. I wouldn't mind having him on our roster next year. He brings some really good athletic abality tot the floor. We will loose some of that for the up-coming season with the loss of DerMarr Johnson. I think not trying to sign him is going to be a move that is going to come back and hurt this franchise. Is there any chance we can still resign him? I'm not really sure, all I know is that he is playing for the Grizzlies summer league team and that he scored 25 pts for them in their first game.

Go Hawks,

Todd