• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

How do you lose a home game when

Peoriabird

I was at the game, and from my perspective, Dalembert's presence was huge in the 1st half, when he shut down the lane and was pretty consistent on offense. The man is just long, and we had no answer.

In the 2nd half, Dre did what good point guards do, he hit key shots and controlled the game, keeping it out of our reach. As for Iggy vs. Joe, Iggy is one of the few players with the right combination of foot speed and strength (esp. strength) to take Joe out of his comfort zone on his drives to the lane. Iggy's strength plus Dally's length made if tough on JJ, but he still put up decent numbers. I think Iggy's strength combined with double teams were the reason Joe had high turnovers tonight. If Bibby had been on, we'd have done enough to sneak one out, but it wasn't meant to be.

That said, I expect a very competitive game tomorrow night. Hopefully the real Mike Bibby shows up and no one else disappears, so we win the season series and keep Indy's prospects dim on Tuesday.

Quote:

I was at the game, and from my perspective, Dalembert's presence was huge in the 1st half, when he shut down the lane and was pretty consistent on offense. The man is just long, and we had no answer...

I wasn't at the game yard...but I did notice that our lane was a lot more open than theirs. Having a real - strong - 7footer along with a guy like Iggy will sure clog the lane. We have to admit that we are kind of the gnats inside when it comes to muscle. Horf and JS are tough guys but neither is over 250. They are both athletes. Sometimes you need that bulk though.

Quote:

1) You shoot a better percentage from the field than the opposing team

2) Have a better assist to turn over ratio

3) Out rebound them by 10?

Someone please explain this to me!

Just bad luck. Hopefully all that bad luck will be exorcised by tomorrow night.

I was at the game from tip off and it just seemed like the hawks were sleepwalking the first half. They finally woke up in the second half but the horrible calls killed any type of momentum that we had. I could of sworn one of the refs looked just like that guy that got caught for fixing games not too long ago. But we cant blame no one but ourselves for the missed free throws and turnovers. I know in the fourth, Joe was trying to carry the team on his back towards a victory but he started wheeling and caused those turnovers. And maybe Bibby was bad because his Dad was on the opposing bench giving him the evil eye lol. But not to worry, we'll get them back tonight. GO HAWKS!!!!!!!!!!

Here's how it's done:

Atlanta missed _____ free throws.

Atlanta lost by _____ points.

Bibby went 1-11 from the floor.

The 76ers led, at the end of quarter one, 28-19.

Late in the game, JJ fell down, lost the ball and the 76ers scored.

After hitting two three's, Chill shoots an airball on a 3 attempt. 76ers get the ball and score.

On free throws: 76ers 28-25. Atlanta 21-16. That's 9 points difference.

Marvin -1 / Chills -1 / JJ - 3. 5 points left at the line.

And, that's how it's done. Give your opponent a great head start, give them more free throw attempts, have critical turnovers late in the game, have one of your most dependable scorers go 1-11 for the night and miss those darned free throws.

Get overpowered, run over early. Begin the game in a passive mood while this is happening.

Atlanta announcers kept harping on: The turning point was Zaza getting the Teck. called on him. Don't understand why they wanted to blame Zaza for the loss of momentum. The 76ers missed that free throw + Zaza was immediately pulled from the game, never to be seen again. ????????? What? That changed the game??

sick.gif

• Premium Member

Quote:

I was at the game, and from my perspective, Dalembert's presence was huge in the 1st half, when he shut down the lane and was pretty consistent on offense. The man is just long, and we had no answer.

Just watched the 1st quarter and I don't know what you saw but it looked to me that their perimeter players destroyed ours. We turned the ball over at least 6-7 times and Joe and Bibby missed everything they shot! Horford out rebounded Dalembert and was more of a presence in the lane in the 1st quarter. So I don't know what you are talking about!

• Premium Member

Quote:

Dalembert had 6 rebounds in the 1st half. Horford had 6 rebounds in the 1st quarter. The combination of Reggie Evans and Dalembert was 15points and 10rebound vs Horford and Zaza which was 16 points and 12 rebounds. We did not lose this game down low. We lost this game with not getting back on defense allowing us to be out score 28 to 10 on fast break points.

Quote:

Here's how it's done:

The 76ers led, at the end of quarter one, 28-19.:

Yeah GM - sometimes we forget that basketball is "skill game". It doesn't always matter how high you can jump (that helps)...but if you can hit shots?. Hitting shots scores points....as do free throws. We should be top-10 in FT%age....last I saw we were 24th.

Gotta fix that.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Quote:

Here's how it's done:

Yeah GM - sometimes we forget that basketball is "skill game". It doesn't always matter how high you can jump (that helps)...but if you can hit shots?. Hitting shots scores points....as do free throws. We should be top-10 in FT%age....last I saw we were 24th.

Gotta fix that.

Atlanta is 7th in the league in FT%. Plus it was our skilled players that missed the 5 free throws. Joe missed 3, Marvin-1 Childress-1. All are 82% free throw shooters or better! Are you that much of a casual Hawks fan not to know this?

Quote:

Quote:

Just watched the 1st quarter and I don't know what you saw but it looked to me that their perimeter players destroyed ours. We turned the ball over at least 6-7 times and Joe and Bibby missed everything they shot! Horford out rebounded Dalembert and was more of a presence in the lane in the 1st quarter. So I don't know what you are talking about!

I was in section 113, Row G. Pretty low, behind the Sixers bench (one row behind Louis Williams mom and dad, and surrounded by other Sixers fans). That's why I mentioned my perspective, which gave me an excellent look at the lane, but was too low to fully appreciate what happened on the perimeter because I had to look through the lane.

I saw several times where Joe tried to drive the lane, requiring him to muscle through Iggy. While Joe's strength and ball handling got him into the lane, with difficulty, he didn't get to the spot he wanted and often had to go up off balance because of Iggy's strength. And when he went up off balance, he had to contend with Dalembert's length and wiry strength. Al was battling, but between Iggy bodying up and Dalembert changing shots, it made for a tough night in the lane for Joe, although he was more successful in the second half on sheer will alone.

Philly is a physical, athletic team. Deep, long and with a good PG. Now that they play on the same page, a force to be reckoned with as evidenced by them winning 21 of their last 28 games.

It might enrage some folks, and is a little off topic, but I thought Marvin brought his "A" game for the most part. Focused, strong on defense and the boards, and knocking down Js.

• Premium Member

Quote:

It might enrage some folks
, and is a little off topic, but I thought Marvin brought his "A" game for the most part. Focused, strong on defense and the boards, and knocking down Js.

Its a shame that you might enrage Hawks fans by saying something positive about a member of the team. But you are exactly right, some posters hate it when their favorite target does well in a game. By the way, I thought that Zaza played pretty good also.

Quote:

Quote:

, and is a little off topic, but I thought Marvin brought his "A" game for the most part. Focused, strong on defense and the boards, and knocking down Js.

Its a shame that you might enrage Hawks fans by saying something positive about a member of the team. But you are exactly right, some posters hate it when their favorite target does well in a game. By the way, I thought that Zaza played pretty good also.

Echo that.

Quote:

Quote:

Here's how it's done:

Gotta fix that.

LOL We are 7th in the league in ft percentage and Philly is last.

click

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Echo that.

I think that was the 5th game in a row that Marvin has hit his hook shot in the 1st quarter. He is definitely looking comfortable with that shot.

He also hit a short jumper off one foot in the lane after contact which was a shocker to me.