• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Bibby is cause of Joe's resurgence

LongTimeHawksFan

I remember earlier in the year hearing all about how upset Joe was with the Hawks not picking up anybody to help him out. Well now that he finally has a point guard to work with he seems much happier. Yes Bibby's skills are making him better but in addition to that Joe's satisfaction that they finally got him some help has surely motivated him to step up his game. And this effect is also rubbing off on the rest of the team. Now if we could just pick up a legit 7 footer this team could be at the top of the east.

I agree with both of you. He is much happier and his game has improved. Bibby made the whole team better. His impact on Joe has been the greatest.

A little off topic, but I'd love to see the Hawks pick up a good SG who can sub for Joe next year.

A Center should still be our top priority though.

Quote:

I.

A little off topic, but I'd love to see the Hawks pick up a good SG who can sub for Joe next year.

A Center should still be our top priority though.

You can't have it all.

No way to resign Smith and Chillz, sign a FA C ,and a sign a FA SG.

No need in getting your hopes up.

Quote:

Joe's satisfaction that they finally got him some help has surely motivated him to step up his game.

This is how I see it also. I think Joe was starting to lose hope in the franchise (with good cause), and really got a big mental boost when they actually did something to improve the team.

• Moderators

Quote:

Quote:

Duh

Think that Joe scored 30 with Bibby on the bench. So no, Joe is just playing better! Has very little to do with Bibby.

I think his point was less to do with Bibby opening things up for Joe on the court than Bibby being a catalyst to JJ turning is undeniably sour attitude (relative to prior years) around this season.