• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Could Josh become Amarelike?

Johnnybravo4

If Josh Smith went on a serious weight training program in the offseason, what is to prevent him from becoming a more athletic Amare? They are the same height, both are crazy athletic and aggressive. The only difference is that Amare has 15 lbs or so on him. 5 months with a bodybuilder and Josh is basically a mirror of amare

When they play each other and Smith guards him you see a huge difference in size. Amare looks at least 1.5'' taller and looks more like 25 lbs bigger.

Amare throws Smith around like a rag dog.

I know Amare is listed at 6'10'' and so is Horford. However when they play, Amare is definatly the taller player.

No, Josh doesn't play like a PF nor does he like contact. That right there makes it impossible for him to be like Amare.

Quote:

I think he plays Amare pretty tough. He got dunked on tryin to take a charge but he also threw some of Amare's shots into the stands. Smoove also takes a lot of charges so he isn't afraid of contact.

I'm not comparing them head to head. Just their playing styles.

Quote:

I think he plays Amare pretty tough. He got dunked on tryin to take a charge but he also threw some of Amare's shots into the stands. Smoove also takes a lot of charges so he isn't afraid of contact.

I think he is refering to position defense in the post. Smith is afraid to bang for defensive post postion before the pass arrives. If you get good position defense in the post there is normaly not even an entry to the post and the offense stagnates around the perimeter.

Horford plays more like Amare then does Smith.

in the game among the big men from 20' and in. I would much rather see Josh develop his mid-range game than spend time in a gym concentrating on weight training. That's a huge part of why Amare is able to blow past guys because they have to respect his outside shot ... but most importantly Amare knows he isn't a 3pt shooter and doesn't try to be. It would be nice if Josh played the same way.

No josh could but wont become an amare

1 he doesnt have the mindset

2 amare has a consistent outside jumper

3 amare has quickness plus strength, josh only has quickness and even there i give amare the edge

4 He has better post dribbling moves

5 amares game depends on a steve nash and josh smith doesnt have that

i have always believed josh would be more like shawn marion (without the three point shot, and even that can be improved on). really all josh needs to do is be more aggressive on the boards (every night). he'll get there he's only 22. i believe josh will eventually be a 23pt, 10.5reb, 4ast, 3blk, 3stl player. if he were on a young team where he was the go to guy (like durant, al jefferson, rudy gay) he probably would already be averaging 23-26 pts a game.

its possibel but it wont happen. JSmooth is a SF stuck in a PF body but in order for him to become Amare like he has to work on is his range(15-20 footer) and learn how to play with his back to the basket. Amare is a versatile big man who can now shoot the ball well too so JSmooth has some work to do. He just scores on dunks from running the floor and off of putback rebounds from miss shots. he has the potential to be Amare like though but it has to happen soon before he gets to old to change his style of play

Show me an example of a player who after 3-4 years in the league transformed his game from into that mirroring a superstar. This is borderline ludicrous. Smoove is a vg player and a unique player. He's not Amare.

Besides, I think Smoove bulked up a bit too much once before and hurt his agility.

Maybe we should ask if MW could become Melo if he worked on his perimeter shot.