• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Woody on 680 yesterday!

gutz

Did anyone hear this buffoon on 680 yesterday afternoon with Buck and Kincaid? For one he sounded like an idiot when speaking. Then he kept saying we only have to win 2 games to clinch our playoff berth! Does this clown not even know that is not the case? I couldn't believe it when i heard it but he said it like one more time at one point. Of course Buck and Kincaid didn't correct him because they have no clue either. IF our coach doesn't even know the scenarios of our playoff lives then i'm even more worried.

Quote:

Did anyone hear this buffoon on 680 yesterday afternoon with Buck and Kincaid? For one he sounded like an idiot when speaking. Then he kept saying we only have to win 2 games to clinch our playoff berth! Does this clown not even know that is not the case? I couldn't believe it when i heard it but he said it like one more time at one point. Of course Buck and Kincaid didn't correct him because they have no clue either. IF our coach doesn't even know the scenarios of our playoff lives then i'm even more worried.

That reminds me of BK back in the '05 draft. When the Hawks got the second pick in the lottery he thought they would have the second pick in the 2nd round as well.

Idiots

Some of you are just so used to worrying and stressing about this team, that you can't stop doing it. Relax.

The reality is that the Hawks have a much greater chance to win 2 of their last 4, than Indy has of winning all 4 games. I'll even say that we have a better chance to win 3, than they do to win 4.

Indy has beaten both the Sixers and Wizards twice. But those wins were before Philly got hot and before the Wiz got Arenas back. Indy has handled the Knicks like we have, but they've dropped 2 of 3 vs Charlotte.

The Hawks are 6 - 0 vs both NY and Miami, and have won 2 of 3 vs Orlando. Both Orlando and Boston are not going all out to win these games with their starters.

Fortunately for us, both Philly and Washington have a hell of a lot to play for, seeing that none of those teams don't want to face Detroit in round 1.

Take a deep breath, and just relax.

Quote:

Some of you are just so used to worrying and stressing about this team, that you can't stop doing it. Relax.

The reality is that the Hawks have a much greater chance to win 2 of their last 4, than Indy has of winning all 4 games. I'll even say that we have a better chance to win 3, than they do to win 4.

Indy has beaten both the Sixers and Wizards twice. But those wins were before Philly got hot and before the Wiz got Arenas back. Indy has handled the Knicks like we have, but they've dropped 2 of 3 vs Charlotte.

The Hawks are 6 - 0 vs both NY and Miami, and have won 2 of 3 vs Orlando. Both Orlando and Boston are not going all out to win these games with their starters.

Fortunately for us, both Philly and Washington have a hell of a lot to play for, seeing that none of those teams don't want to face Detroit in round 1.

Do you realize that your entire post is irrelevant to his point?

Quote:

Quote:

Do you realize that your entire post is irrelevant to his point?

It is irrelevant to the point...which was Woody's ineptitude...but it was relevant to to overall "doomsday" attitude around here since that last game. We still control our own destiny and have a great shot at making the playoffs.

Quote:

Hey you can sit back and relax all you want to man! If you honestly trust this team to handle business then go for it. I don't trust them! Especially when our retarded coach doesn't even know the playoff scenario for our own team to get in. That was my point! how can we relax when this idiot is saying this stuff on our local radio station? It's terrifying

Quote:

Hey you can sit back and relax all you want to man! If you honestly trust this team to handle business then go for it. I don't trust them! Especially when our retarded coach doesn't even know the playoff scenario for our own team to get in. That was my point! how can we relax when this idiot is saying this stuff on our local radio station? It's terrifying

If we win 2 games, it forces Indy to win out. Woody probably knows that. And with Indy having to play Philly and Washington on the road, with them having playoff seeding to play for, he doesn't believe they'll win out.

So while all of you are correct in saying that if we win 2 and Indy wins out, that Indy will get in, don't slit your wrists because Woody believes 2 will get us in. 2 wins should get us in folks. While that isn't a certainty, it's highly likely . . like 90 - 95% likely.

Indy hasn't beaten a team with a winning record in god knows how long, and only has one 4 game win streak all year ( the 4 wins that started their hot stretch . . NY, Minnesota, Charlotte at home, and Chicago on the road ). If they win tonight, that would be their 2nd four game win streak this year. To win out, it would mean that they won 7 straight to close the season.

I wonder what Hollinger's playoff odds say about our chances to get in?

I think the sad thing about all of this, is that the Hawks are playing their best stretch of basketball ( 10 - 4 in their last 14 games ) since December ( when we won 11 out of 15 . . counting the Miami replay win ). A victory tonight matches that stretch.

And if they do achieve that, it'll tie their best 15 game stretch of ball they've played since the 1999 - 00 strike season.

I'll repeat that. It'll tie our best 15 game stretch of ball, since the 1999 - 00 season.

Yet, people still think that the Hawks can somehow mess this up, while Indy can possibly get it done.

(( shaking my head ))

• Moderators

I assume you think that Woodson's inaccurate description of what this team needs to clinch a playoff position is close enough so that it isn't meaningful that he gave bad information?

I agree with you that our odds are still great to make the playoffs and I absolutely expect us to make it.

Quote:

I assume you think that Woodson's inaccurate description of what this team needs to clinch a playoff position is close enough so that it isn't meaningful that he gave bad information?

I agree with you that our odds are still great to make the playoffs and I absolutely expect us to make it.

If I said that if Derrick Rose would've made both FTs to put Memphis up 4 with 10 seconds to go, that Memphis would win that game, would that be considered "bad information?"

Technically, Kansas ( without ANY timeouts ) could've raced down the court . . hit a 2 or a 3 with 3 seconds left ( because they would've have to go the length of the court and either get to the rim, or get a decent look from 3 ) . . fouled Memphis again to put them on the line . . hoped they missed both FTs . . grab the missed FT . . and shot a desperation 3 from about half court with no time left to either tie or win the game.

Yeah, it could happen, but highly unlikely in that scenario.

Me believing that Memphis wins if Rose put them up 4 with 10 seconds left, may not be an absolute truth, but it isn't a bad assumption or bad information.

If I had $1,000, I'd bet that Memphis wins that game if they're up 4 with 10 to go.

And if the Hawks win 2 games, I'd do the same and bet they're in the playoffs.

I think the guys who are extremely worried about the Hawks, think that the Knicks are going to beat us, while Indy beats Philly. As JackB says . . . it's a "doomsday" mentality.

You are being such an tool. Clinching a playoff spot is not a vague term. Our magic number is 3 because with 3 wins we clinch. Or 3 Indy losses. That is why 3 is the magic number. It is a fact that right now we need 3 to clinch. If Indy loses, we only need 2. Do you know what clinching means? it means that you are 100% guaranteed to make the playoffs.

Did you even hear the interview, or do you just make whatever assumptions are necessary for you to keep defending Woody? He clearly either didn't know the situation or was mis-speaking, and thought that we needed 2 wins to clinch.

He did not say 2 wins should get us in the playoffs. He said we need 2 to clinch. Two entirely different statements.

Go HERE. Do you see the X/Y/Z's that stand for "clinched playoff berth"? If Indy runs the table we will not get one of those with 2 wins.

Quote:

That is just dumb. The Hawks do not clinch by winning two games. Period.

Whatever the odds may be do not excuse Woody's stupidity.

Hollinger currently has us at 90.2% to make the playoffs. I guess because Woody doesn't count the vague 9.8%, then he's an idiot.

If the weatherman told me there was a 90% chance of rain, I'm making sure I have my raincoat on.

Quote:

Quote:

That is just dumb. The Hawks do not clinch by winning two games. Period.

Whatever the odds may be do not excuse Woody's stupidity.

Hollinger currently has us at 90.2% to make the playoffs. I guess because Woody doesn't count the vague 9.8%, then he's an idiot.

Correct.

Trying to compare the weather to this situation is also stupid. The weather is unpredictable. Our playoff situation is known with certainty. Our magic number is 3, not 2.

This isn't poker. The odds are irrelevant.

Quote:

You are being such an tool. Clinching a playoff spot is not a vague term. Our magic number is 3 because with 3 wins we clinch. Or 3 Indy losses. That is why 3 is the magic number. It is a fact that right now we need 3 to clinch. If Indy loses, we only need 2. Do you know what clinching means? it means that you are 100% guaranteed to make the playoffs.

Did you even hear the interview, or do you just make whatever assumptions are necessary for you to keep defending Woody? He clearly either didn't know the situation or was mis-speaking, and thought that we needed 2 wins to clinch.

He did not say 2 wins should get us in the playoffs. He said we need 2 to clinch. Two entirely different statements.

Go
HERE.
Do you see the X/Y/Z's that stand for "clinched playoff berth"? If Indy runs the table we will not get one of those with 2 wins.

Or maybe he believes that there's no way Indy will win out, and all we have to do is win 2. You guys are absolutely convinced that the guy is clueless in every aspect of coaching and about this team, that you'll tend to blow every little thing he says or does out of proportion.

Question 1: Do you believe that Indy will win out?

Question 2: Do you believe the Hawks won't win 2 games?

Simple yes or no to each question.

You are a fukcing retard. According to you if he believes Indy won't win out and he believes that we will win 2 games, he should just go ahead and declare that we've clinched a playoff spot. I'm not wasting any more time on you. Clinching has a defined meaning no matter how you try to spin his mistake.