Hawks brought in Don Kasey/Casey to teach them the

WraithSentinel

Didnt we use a lot of that supposed zone defense last night against the Knicks? I mean, I was listening to the game on the radio, and all I heard in the 2nd half (especially in the late 3rd and much of the 4th) was "the Hawks are playing in their zone defense." That's when the Hawks started getting lit up.

Quote:

zone defense. Just heard it from Peter V on NBATV. We cannot give Woodson any credit for that. According to Peter V he was here for about a week teaching them the zone defense.

It doen't matter to me who "taught" it, to me the zone defense is not being played very well by this team. Defense as a whole must improve.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Didnt we use a lot of that supposed zone defense last night against the Knicks? I mean, I was listening to the game on the radio, and all I heard in the 2nd half (especially in the late 3rd and much of the 4th) was "the Hawks are playing in their zone defense." That's when the Hawks started getting lit up.

Yeah... I was banging my head against the wall. Some of the worst defense we've played all year. Good thing New York had no intentions of winning the game.

Hope that the zone doesn't see the light of day against the Celts.