• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

While we sit... This is what is happening.

Diesel

• Premium Member

Miller and Olowakhandi goes to the Nugz.

Payton and Malone goes to LAL.

Kidd Stays in NJ if Scott is fired and Carlisle replaces him.

Mourning goes to NJ if Kidd goes.

ONeal stays in INdy who pays 7 year 120!!!

PJ Brown goes to Cleveland to play for Silas.

J. Barry goes to Indy.

because of that:

Croshere and Harrington are traded to Minn for Brandon/Filler.

Howard probably goes to Minn too.

Nestor probably stays with Minn too.

Dang, Minn has: Nestor/Howard/KG/Wally/Cassell... Something got to give.

Pippen probably stays in PTL.

Newble becomes a Bull.

Stotts probably becomes a Bull.

THE BIG Question!!

What does Arenas do?

If Miller goes to the Nugz. Does Arenas stay in GS or does he go to Miami?

If he doesn't go to Miami, JT has become Miami's biggest target.

What about UTAH?

They are a cheap team but they will have to get some help at PF and maybe PG?

Oneal staying and Malone taking the Laker job also opens the door wider for San Antonio. They need C help? IF Zo goes to be with Friends in NJ or Dallas (by the way, there's talk of Zo, Kidd, and Deke being together no matter what) then SAN Antonio is screwed.

Boston can't give Walker away and all the sudden McCarty is making news??

The bottom line is that Miami and S.A. are predators. I think S.A. might offer a deal to Brad Miller if all else fails.

However, I wouldn't be surprised if Pat Riley starts talking big Money with JT.....While we sit.

• Premium Member

Some of what I said has seemingly happened. Chad Ford has put his rep on the line with this one.

The question is What's left?

I think now... Miami will go after Arenas and JT. IF Arenas decides to stay in GS, JT could be offered as much as 8 million per year easy.

If that happens, are we willing to match?

For example, that's a 7 year 56 million dollar deal. I honestly don't think JT's worthy.

What do you think?

The way I understand the Hawks are already in luxury tax land after the signing of their 2 draft picks. So JT's $8 m is over the cap therefore it cost the team $16 m with tax to keep him.

Do I understand this right ? Salary cap = $42 million

Hawks 9 contracts = $54 m ? Luxury tax starts at around $54 million. Therefor the remaining 3 contracts will all go over the cap into the double taxation of the luxury tax ?

So no way, let him walk if Miami spends $ 8 m/year for 7 years on him. Bring in Kenny Anderson or Travis Best at the veterans minimum of $1.5 m for one year to steady the ship. Both have Atlanta ties b/c they played for GT.

The only way I consider overpaying for JT is to trade Dog for an expireing contract like Rice so that we only have to pay the tax for one year. However this poses another problem. There is now a big hole at the SF position. Who starts Crawford ,Rice, or Diaw. If Diaw starts at sf does Hansen start at SG meaninf 2 rookies starting.

It seems the only hope now is that McDavid has no problem going over the luxury tax thresh-hold to put a competitive team on the floor.

• Premium Member

You understand it right... But again, it depends on Ownership.

Now if McDavid has Deep Pockets ala Allen/Cuban, he won't mind spending what it takes to bring a winner to Atlanta. Actually, he shouldn't mind spending what it takes to bring somebody the fans would come out to see. I don't know how... But that's should be his goal.

AOL on the other hand don't want to lose any more profits... So they probably wouldn't spend the money it takes to keep JT or Dion or Ira. That's part of why nothing is being done. If McDavid backs out of this deal ala the Senator, then AOL is left with a team over the luxury tax. So I suspect nothing will be done until ownership is finalized.

That's not overpaying for Jason Terry. His production warrants it, and if the Hawks don't keep him, this team will hit rock bottom next season.

Terry will get a contract in the 7 years, $55-60 million range from the Hawks. Kevin Broom's salary formula at RealGM says JT is worth $70 million over 7 years.

Letting Terry just walk would be a very stupid thing to do, and trading him for the likes of Eddie Jones would be even more stupid.

If he gets an offer from Miami that seems ridiculous, the only players I would want off that team are Dwayne Wade and Caron Butler. That's the only ones I would take for Jason Terry. Throw in a draft pick, but adding Terry to that team would put them in the playoffs, so that pick won't amount to much.

Atlanta's best bet is to keep Jason Terry, and I have no doubts that they will keep him.

That's not overpaying for Jason Terry. His production warrants it, and if the Hawks don't keep him, this team will hit rock bottom next season. "

Last I looked.,...we already are at rock bottom.

Anybody that really believe JT is worth 10 million a

year is a joke.

Can Diaw start at S.F.? I mean I heard him being more of a guard, but he is pretty tall so I guess he could start at the 3 position (even thought it would have been nice to see Dermarr Johnson at this spot) I wouldn't mind us starting some of the younger players this season. Doesn't seem like were a playoff team, at least not know with the team in flux and whatnot, I'd rather start some of the younger guys and get them some experience. Just my opinion though.

If he were to come off the bench, I have no problem with that from a salary standpoint. He makes less than $1 million/season.

That being said, I would LOVE for him to step in right away at SG and start because he helps the team's chemistry. Now if my man DJ is resigned, I must admit that I will be rooting for DJ to win the starting SG job but if he doesn't, that probably means Diaw is really doing well so that will be all good too!