• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Time for the Hawks Veterans to Step Up

Packfill

The Hawks are young and have the misfortune of playing a much more talented team in the Celtics. That being said, the Hawks starting backcourt is NOT young. JJ and Bibby are veterans and will have to step it up if the Hawks want to steal a game or two in this series.

Bibby has proven to be exactly the player that the Sactown fans told us he would be - sensational one out of every 3 or 4 games and then a non-factor the remaining nights.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Bibby has proven to be exactly the player that the Sactown fans told us he would be - sensational one out of every 3 or 4 games and then a non-factor the remaining nights.

Which is fine except it should be recognized early in the game when he is off. Put someone else in the game to at least play defense when he is off Woodson!!!

Quote:

Quote:

Which is fine except it should be recognized early in the game when he is off. Put someone else in the game to at least play defense when he is off Woodson!!!

True. Problem is right now no one on the Hawks roster is seemingly capable of stepping up in his place. I definitely do not want to see Salim trying to direct the offense or bring the ball up with Rondo on him.

• Premium Member

Quote:

True. Problem is right now no one on the Hawks roster is seemingly capable of stepping up in his place. I definitely do not want to see Salim trying to direct the offense or bring the ball up with Rondo on him.

Do you really think that Acie could be any worse than 2-10 from the field with 1 assist 2 T.O.'s in 34 minutes?

Quote:

Quote:

Do you really think that Acie could be any worse than 2-10 from the field with 1 assist 2 T.O.'s in 34 minutes?

Hard to say. He did not have a good rookie year so it is hard to say what the team can expect from him. I would definitely give him a chance though since it at least has the potential to be better then the alternatives. Salim can be cut as far as I am concerned.

Woodson has created this situation where when Bibby is off, we are screwed. If he would have developed Acie better, at least we would have an alternative for when Bibby is off. Now we have nothing. Oh Wait...we have Salim, who is another "all or nothing" player. Acie is a far better alternative to Salim IMO, but Woodson has shown no confidence in him and he has to somehow play through that.

We have to pray that Bibby somehow gets his sh*t together and gets how in a few of these games or we have no chance.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Hard to say. He did not have a good rookie year so it is hard to say what the team can expect from him. I would definitely give him a chance though since it at least has the potential to be better then the alternatives. Salim can be cut as far as I am concerned.

He was injured most of his rookie season! Here is the thing, If you don't support sitting Bibby when he is raining bricks then you are no better than woodson who does the same stuff expecting different results!

Quote:

Quote:

He was injured most of his rookie season! Here is the thing, If you don't support sitting Bibby when he is raining bricks then you are no better than woodson who does the same stuff expecting different results!

As I said, I would give Law the chance to show he can play (unless Bibby is stroking that night).

Here is JJ's shooting vs. some of the top teams:

15PPG against Detroit (38% shooting)

15PPG against Boston (31% shooting)

18PPG against Denver (38% shooting)

18PPG against Houston (32% shooting)

20PPG against New Orleans (40% shooting)

12PPG against the Suns (19% shooting)

18PPG against the Spurs (43% shooting)

I wouldn't count on him stepping up.

Bibby has proven to be exactly the player that the Sactown fans told us he would be - sensational one out of every 3 or 4 games and then a non-factor the remaining nights. I think this is 100% WRONG. Bibby is all over the map as far as consistancy goes. His typical 4 game stetch is one GREAT GAME, one HORRIBLE GAME, and the other two are a mixture of either a great scoring game in which he does nothing but make open shots off JJ and doesnt create at all OR a game where all he does is create for JJ, Horford and Smoove and has a real bad shooting night.