• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Lineup Changes to win a game

wolvetigers

I must admit the hawks are not handling the ball good...simply too man turnovers. The Hawks must swarm.

Pg- Acie Law

SG- Mike Bibby

SF- Joe Johnson

PF-Josh Smith

C- AL Hoford

Second Wave

PG- Salim

SG- Childress

SF- Mario West (FOR DEFENSE)

PF- Marvin Williams

C - Zaza

The Hawks need to limit turnovers and should respond with more quickness and ball handlers...Woodson actually suprise me when he had Acie and Bibby in at the same time...Acie had some bad turnovers but showed he can get to the basket. PLEASE WOODSON MAKE ADJUSTMENTS....We should also 3 quarter press at the beginning of the 1st and 3rd quarter to slow them down.

• Premium Member

Quote:

I must admit the hawks are not handling the ball good...simply too man turnovers. The Hawks must swarm.

Pg- Acie Law

SG- Mike Bibby

SF- Joe Johnson

PF-Josh Smith

C- AL Hoford

Stupid line up! JJ would foul out trying to check Pierce. Ray Allen would score 30 on Bibby in the 1st half!

Quote:

Love the guys with good original thoughts.....LOL.

I would like to mix it up and try that lineup as well for the reasons in the thread below.

http://www.hawksquawk.net/forums/showflat....=&fpart=#306176

Sorry if this a repost...I wasnt on the board the last few days or so...I saw the lineup for the first time last night and despite Law jitters it looked good...aside the fact that bibby didnt do squat

Quote:

Quote:

Pg- Acie Law

SG- Mike Bibby

SF- Joe Johnson

PF-Josh Smith

C- AL Hoford

Stupid line up! JJ would foul out trying to check Pierce. Ray Allen would score 30 on Bibby in the 1st half!

GENIUS....you can match up defense however we want too..for example

Bibby although playing the 2g on offense would check the PG on Defense, Acie Law will check Allen, and Joe would check Paul...Sure we will give up alittle size, but we would have more quickness.....WE need to get some kind of advantage and the only way we can hang with these guys is if we use our speed and athleticism to run the court...I think they will get our best shot on Saturday....

Quote:

How about this

Law

JJ

Childress

Horford

Smith

Put Smith 1 on 1 with KG all day with no double teams. I don't care if Smith fouls out and KG scores 40. (Which he won't) I just dont want Allen and Pierce to have any open looks.

Good defensive line up. I'm not sure Chillz can guard Pierce any better then Marvin.

For Bibby to be effective at all he can't be matched up vs. Rondo. Either play Bibby vs. Cassell and limit his minutes or slide Bibby to off guard and hope Law can keep Rondo in check and Allen scores his normal 20 and not 30 vs. Bibby for part of the game.

Anxious to see how Pierce's back is after he slept on it. It may be really stiffen up as his body cooled down and he sleeps on it.

I wouldn't worry about the starting lineup as much as the bench. Mix up the bench a bit and they will be competitive. For example, do not play Zaza "im too stiff" pachulia... Mario is smaller but plays a lot bigger than Zaza. For the bench sake, start Childress and Bring Marvin into the second unit with Law so he can have a shooter to pass it to (childress with Law is not a good combo).

Law, Marvin and Mario (or Solo or J-rich) off the bench should make the series a bit more tolerable.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Pg- Acie Law

SG- Mike Bibby

SF- Joe Johnson

PF-Josh Smith

C- AL Hoford

GENIUS....you can match up defense however we want too..for example

Bibby although playing the 2g on offense would check the PG on Defense, Acie Law will check Allen, and Joe would check Paul...Sure we will give up alittle size, but we would have more quickness.....WE need to get some kind of advantage and the only way we can hang with these guys is if we use our speed and athleticism to run the court...I think they will get our best shot on Saturday....

I take a different approach. Law is not just there to help Bibby and JJ get better looks off drive and kicks but he in there to play defense on Rondo and not Allen.

Part of the point of playing Law is to keep Rondo under control. Allen is mainly running off screens to get his shots and not beating you off the dribble on quicks like Rondo does to Bibby. Bibby can chase Allen around screens but he can't keep Rondo infront of him to save his life.

Ray Allen is going to get his 20 points no matter what. However, Rondo can and should be kept in check.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Part of the point of playing Law is to keep Rondo under control. Allen is mainly running off screens to get his shots and not beating you off the dribble on quicks like Rondo does to Bibby. Bibby can chase Allen around screens but he can't keep Rondo infront of him to save his life.

Ray Allen is going to get his 20 points no matter what. However, Rondo can and should be kept in check.

Bibby doesn't just suck on defense!

Not to mention how a change in the starting line up or matchups would really mess with Ray Allen's head.....LOL

If you have been missing for a few days, Ray Allen is super OCD and when something is out of place or different it drives him crazy.