• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Hawks are going to win tonight

Admin

Wel, it would be nice. We havent come within 10 points of beating this team in any of the 5 games we have played them. If we are to win tonight, yes, Bibby and JJ are going to have to show up, Pachulia needs to play at little as possible, Smoove needs to show up, Horford needs to stay out of foul trouble, and Acie needs to play big minutes (especially if Bibby continues to be unable to hit anything). Also Woodson is going to have to try something new against the Celtics. The status quo is getting us blown out by 15-20 pts a game.

Hope you are right Dolfan....but logic says that Rondo's defense will still work on Bibby - we will need bigtime games from our main guys - chances are it will be a close 1st half and then they will take a 10 point lead in the 3rd quarter - then we will get it to 4 or so late but will lose.

But screw logic.......GO HAWKS!

How about those Hawks!!!! What an amazing win. Other than that period in the 2nd quarter when we got complacent we were simply amazing. I have NEVER been more proud of the Hawks than I am right now. I LOVE how big Al talks smack and f Paul Pierce, he isn't going to do anything but disappear in the next game too!

Well I have no idea how you feel but I have a crazy headache and I can barely talk and I'm sure my neighbors probably called the cops on me for screaming so many times. My girlfriend thinks I'm nuts and the dog was hiding in the closet LOL.

• Premium Member

Quote:

How about those Hawks!!!! What an amazing win. Other than that period in the 2nd quarter when we got complacent we were simply amazing. I have NEVER been more proud of the Hawks than I am right now. I LOVE how big Al talks smack and f Paul Pierce, he isn't going to do anything but disappear in the next game too!

I've raised this question before about our defense. With our athleticism, we should be a great defensive team which was confirmed tonight! We were staying in front of perimeter players and the post up guys for Boston were being held at bay while our guards flashed double teams which disrupted the post player's timing. The offensive ball movement for most of the game was fabulous! Play like this all of the time guys please! Keep Hotlanta quiet for a change!

Quote:

Well I have no idea how you feel but I have a crazy headache and I can barely talk and I'm sure my neighbors probably called the cops on me for screaming so many times. My girlfriend thinks I'm nuts and the dog was hiding in the closet LOL.

My wife doesn't have a clue. She asked me several times why I couldnt turn the TV down and to stop yelling. She is just out of touch. Wish I was home in ATL right now

This is how we played at the beginning of the year when we were somewhere around 7th in defensive efficiency and among the best in defensive shooting percentage. I'm not sure what happened after that but once we stopped playing D we stopped consistently winning. There is no doubt with our athleticism that we can play like this but the guys are too young and inexperienced to be taking quarters off like we did for a good bit of the 2nd quarter. I pity the league if we ever figure out how to play like this for a whole game every night.

Quote:

Quote:

My wife doesn't have a clue. She asked me several times why I couldnt turn the TV down and to stop yelling. She is just out of touch. Wish I was home in ATL right now

At least yall get to watch the games. Ain't no way of watching the games here in Vietnam. However I was able to hear the game on the channel surfing website. Congrats to the Hawks and to the fans for making it a full house at the arena tonight.

• Premium Member

Quote:

This is how we played at the beginning of the year when we were somewhere around 7th in defensive efficiency and among the best in defensive shooting percentage. I'm not sure what happened after that but once we stopped playing D we stopped consistently winning. There is no doubt with our athleticism that we can play like this but the guys are too young and inexperienced to be taking quarters off like we did for a good bit of the 2nd quarter. I pity the league if we ever figure out how to play like this for a whole game every night.

There should be no more trade proposals on this site because we all should know what this team is capable of defensively after tonight. On second thought, if we could trade Bibby for a Bud Light maybe I would be interested.