• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Time to SNT Terry...

Diesel

• Premium Member

In reply to:

He has a SG nature because he played there for 3 years, dumba$$.

Oh, you mean those 5 years at Arizona as a PG means NOTHING.

Oh, you mean us drafting him as a PG means nothing.

Us drafting him to replace Mookie went by unnoticed.

Sorry dude, YOU'RE WRONG. He played PG for much of his early career for Lenny and for Kruger. He was moved to SG because we had NOBODY else and what do you know...

Before that, he was BENCHED by Kruger so that Matt Maloney could play the PG because JT couldn't bring the ball up the floor without getting it Stolen.

JT has never been a GOOD NBA PG. He has been a good Sand LOT PG and that is all he does when he has the ball. Lenny had to dumb down the playbook for him. Kruger had to leave out plays so that he could learn the playbook. A rookie Mike Wilks came in and learned our offense and ran it smoother than JT because JT is not a PG. I doubt that he has the aptitude to be one. He works hard, but he's no Doc Rivers.

Likable.....Yes.

Good Player.....Yes.

Good PG.... No, Go watch a game dumba$$.

'

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lenny tried to MAKE him the type of player HE WANTED. He didn't let JT play his game. Yeah JT did play PG at Arizona but as we all know NCAAs & NBA are totally different. I'm saying that he wasn't allowed to grow into becoming an NBA PG. When Lon was coaching he continuously shuffled JT back & forth between PG & SG. Stotts let him play HIS game,if he has a coacj who let him do that early,he'd be arguably-one of the best. You guys don't watch the Hawks,yet you claim to be experts.Sad that old-guys can be so ignorant.

~Peace

Diesels view on this is biased, because he has never liked Terry for replacing Mookie just as he will never like any coach Atlanta gets because they aren't Lenny Wilkens.

If Terry wasn't a good NBA point guard, he would be one of only 5 point guards to average 17 points and 7 assists per game.

• Premium Member

KB, first let me end any of these false allegations you keep putting out.....

#1. I don't have a problem with JT. In fact, I think he'd be an awesome part of our offense if we got a guy who can run the offense for him in place. TO me, JT is like Iverson. I see NO difference. Your weak attempt to suggest that Iverson is a Real PG and was in the same circumstance as JT when he was placed at SG is laughable and WRONG.

http://www.cwrl.utexas.edu/~penuel/eval-iverson.html

I think this sums up Iverson and JT...

In reply to:

People may argue that his stats are almost unbelievable for a rookie, and in fact, they are. But Iverson plays point guard, and anybody who has ever played organized basketball knows what point guards do: they run the offense.
Running the offense means many things, such as distributing passes, calling out the plays, and controlling the speed, or "tempo" as they call it in the basketball world, of the game. However, the most important responsibility of a point guard is to unify the team and elevate each teammate's abilities to the maximum.

Ask yourself again KB.... I JT a PG? Or does he just have PG size?

You say I have a Campaign against JT because of Mookie? Please... I liked Mookie but it was Mookie's time. If you go back through the archives, I never raised an argument about trading Mookie for the pick. In fact, I was happy to do it bacause I thought that we would get Andre' Miller. Remember! But my problem came with the trade of Smitty. I still believe that was as big a mistake as trading Dominique and we are still paying for that. We went to a situation where we had no Experienced gaurds in the backcourt and we had to rely on a player whoose Personality was "I am the team". He helped ruin JT because he stiffled every effort to make JT a PG. JT was like his little disciple and JT started the pattern of defering to JR every time he was able to make it across the halfcourt line.

You also Say that I am against every coach after Lenny???

Please.

I liked Lenny. I thought that Lenny got screwed and if you look at the facts, he did...

However, who was it that wanted Isiah Thomas as our Coach when we took SORRY Kruger. I was against Kruger because it is a Proven Fact that College Coaches don't WORK in the NBA. The Mentality is different and therefore it's a different Game. I like Stotts and the only comment I have against Stotts is some of his subbing Patterns.

If I'm so in Love with Lenny, Why haven't I mentioned him for our opening? I mean, I think Fratello is the right man for the JOB... But Lenny is available. Why is that PSYCHIC FRIEND KEITH?? It's because Unlike you say, I don't have a problem with coaches as Long as we get a Good Coach. I feel that Babcock got Lon Kruger because Kruger was JOB SECURITY for Babcock. I think Isiah was done an injustice because we all know Isiah would have eventually took over as GM/HC.

So before you go off making any more false claims, I suggests you find some facts and get them straight.

The truth is that JT is a SG.... DOESN't Run the offense.

The truth is that Lon was a Horrible Coach....

The truth is that we don't know enough about Stotts to say either way. I would like Fratello but if We keep Stotts, I'm still happy.

The fact of the matter is that JT probably won't be with the Hawks next year. As I said before, but y'all were not listening, Miami wants him and he wants Miami or so his agent Mr. Brothers says. JT, Eddie, Caron and Brian Grant aint bad. And reember DD is going to be a solid POINT GUARD. He is a leader and is a smooth passer who has really worked hard on his game this summer. Did anybody hear Alex English at the game yeasterday....Even he is expecting Dickau to start next year...He thinks this is what Atlanta needs. And personally, so do I, but y'all know that I am huge on Dickau-but all PG's because I am one. So I look at all Pg's to try and pick up things from there game....

Man [censored] DD...Yall already getting on my nerves acting

as if Brady Bunch is a star or something...sheesh!

This guy isn't going to take us anywhere.He or JT to

be honest.