Time to SNT Terry...

Diesel

• Premium Member

There's a rumor going around that JT wants 7 year 65 million dollars.

He's not worthy.

So I say, let's move him for a NEED....

If they would spend the money......

JT/CC to Milwaukee for Toni/Des Mason/1st.

JT/Nazr to GS for Murphy/Richardson/Fortson/Foyle.

There are others to think up...

Point is that JT is in no way deserving of 9.3 million per year from any franchise. He's not worth more than Miller or Arenas?

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, it's a starting salary of around 7 million, with annual 12.5% raises.

And well, JT is worthy of a 7mil contract, although 6 would be more market value.

I would do the GS trade though, love Jason Richardson and I think he's available since they drafted Mickael Pietrus. No to Fortson though.

• Premium Member

Maybe not as written... I think that have more invested in Murphy than I let on... BUT, getting Jamison/Richardson may not be that far off. Richardson was trade bait last year and Jamison is not sitting Secure once his BCS is gone.

JT/Grob for Jamison/Richardson/Fortson.

How's dat EDS.

Golden state is not giving up two high first round picks with talent in Richardson and Murphy for JT and Nazr. JT isn't a good fit for the warriors. They actually need someone who can initiate the offense.

I don't see it happening on Golden State's end. TRUST ME, you DO NOT want Fortson, he's horrible.

If you're going to sign and trade get Odom in return.

I don't think that helps the Hawks. Jamisons game is too much like Reef's, Fortson has a terrible contract and Richardson, while exciting and athletic, is limited in terms of his skill level. He could definitely develop though, but it is risky. If we traded JT and Dog I would rather have Dunleavy (they wouldn't need him) and Foyle, then pick up a point guard like Speedy Claxton. Of course, I have no idea if those contracts work. But, that is a nice team:

Speedy/Dickau

Diaw/Hanson

Dunleavy/Crawford

Reef/Hendu

Theo/Foyle/Mohamad

• Premium Member

AND I'm not talking about Jason.

JT is a Carbon COPY of Arenas. SAME GAME.

Now, I agree that Murphy might not be a part of that trade... However, it's no doubt that JT will get Murphy to the table. The bottom line is that Jamison still is a PF. Murphy is just more of a PF than Jamison. Emuss knows JT. I think EMuss would do a deal for JT if given the opportunity.

JT is not a carbon copy of Arenas. While they are both smaller guards with speed Arenas is actually a more well rounded player. Arenas is also more athletic and can get to the rim and finish. The only area I see JT being superior to Arenas is shooting the ball. I give Arenas the edge in defense and court vision.

Murphy is a player, period and is much better suited for PF than Jamison. I think we are overvaluing JT or Denver and Utah would have been after him with our Ownership in the state it's in.

• Premium Member

You say Arenas has better Court Vision... And that he's different. But the truth is that Arenas is one of the league leaders in Turnovers and that his court vision is no better than any other SG in a PGs body. I will say this. Arenas probably has a better Basketball IQ than JT but he's no more a PG than JT. They are both SGIPGB...

I don't like Arenas very much.Lets see if MR.3 periods

can cut it once he gets his contract.I'm a JT basher

abit...but Arenas has quickly became an overrated

player and I knew he would.

I told you last year that Gilbert wasn't all that.He

destroys JT when they matchup....But JT destroys

Stockton when they matchup...but that doesn't

make JT the better player.

Arenas has the potential to be greater than JT simply because he is a better athlete with better instincts. Don't get me wrong I love JT and want him to stay with the Hawks but Arenas is NICE period.

I don't like to use turnovers as a stat on struggling teams but if you even watched any Golden State games you'd realize that they had a very potent offense. When you get up the floor and run you tend to have more turnovers. Also factor in having a new head coach and many first year and second year players and the ball is going to get dislodged once in awhile.

JT's only advantage over Arenas is his shot. Arenas is stronger, faster, and has more vertical than JT. JT is a mediocre defender at best that can't keep his man out of the lane and gets burned on easy backpicks, see any Sacramento game and watch Bobby Jackson use him. And don't give me the line about JT's steals cause he gets most of them on gambles.

I'm not hating just making a point that Arenas has more potential than JT. A fairer comparison can be made after the upcoming season assuming both players stay with their squads. I just think Arenas needs another year or two of seasoning.

Arenas has the potential to be greater than JT simply because he is a better athlete with better instincts. Don't get me wrong I love JT and want him to stay with the Hawks but Arenas is NICE period."

That isn't saying much cause JT isn't that good.Another

undersized SG.

Is it true that Gilbert gets pulled for Boykins in the 4th

period?If so...NOT A PG.

JT is a suck-ass player.......I tell you what, if the guy cant get us more than 17+ppg and 7+apg he isnt even worth the MCE because [censored] everyone in the league can do that........errr what a minute, I think only 3-4 other players in the entire NBA were able to do that........gosh I guess that JT is actually in pretty elite company.

On realgm JayWalker reported that he will likely{if he stays in ATL} get a 7yr/55mil deal Which is reasonable, but he also said that JT is watching the teams negotiating with Arenas so we should hope that some team doesn't go spend bookoo cash on him,cause then JT may be looking for that type of cash. But I hope he stays & I think he'll stay.

~Peace