• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

How many are watching the game?

Admin

From what I have seen Diaw has been able to get pretty much wherever he wants on the court. Not sure if Lebron has been guarding him the whole time or not, but Diaw has been able to get wherever he wants.

Dickau is also looking great. He looks much closer the Gonzaga Dickau that so many of us knew and loved. He is playing under control and is finding his teammates and scoring off the dribble. He is the leading scorer for both teams at halftime with 13. Lebron has 11 or 12.

He looks very solid, DD that is. Diaw just needs to learn how to finish and take care of the ball a bit more. But he is a special talent...The comparisons with Pippen or Christie are very fair...Corey Benjamin has had some nice dunks. Although this is a summer league game I have to admit...DD is taking care of D. Wagner. And the Cavs have Miles, Lebron and Wagner out there on the perimiter, so this is a good experience for the Hawks perimiter players.

is looking pretty [censored] good on the defensive end. This guy is an excellent shotblocker.....I dont think he can make our team unless we carry 15 guys, but he is pretty talented

Also noticing on Diaw........the guy cannot shoot. He looks like Jacque Vaughn during his 0 for 22 run

Dickau looks faster -- Could be he is completely healed.

Could it be the hair??? {Hah!} Glad he got rid of that

terrible mop -- He looks better.

Hansen has good hands so that gives Hawks another ball

handler, which we can use.

Hawks missed some early shots that would have carried

them later in the game. Lots and lots of good passes

makes your mouth water. I see assist after assist from

this crew when they join the big boys this fall.

This isn't the grab & shoot boys of the elder Hawks.

If we keep four out of summer league, that's not bad.

Figure the two draft picks, Dickau and someone else.

That just leaves us nine to worry about for a full roster

next season, even with one always on I.R.

DON'T REMEMBER THE SCORE -- I THINK HAWKS LOST BY 9.

I WAS MORE INTERESTED IN THE PLAY ON THE FLOOR THAN THE FINAL OUTCOME. CAVS HAD SOME GOOD PLAYERS

ON THE FLOOR, INCLUDING BOOZER.

LABRON DIDN'T SET THE WORLD ON FIRE OR ANYTHING, HE

WAS JUST THERE, RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE OF EVERYTHING,

MAKING PASSES, HANDLING THE BALL, GRABBING THE

LOOSE BALLS AND IN GENERAL HAVING A GOOD OVERALL

GAME, NOTHING SPECTACULAR, BUT GOOD.

ON THE HAWKS, I WAS IMPRESSED WITH THEIR QUICKNESS

AND BALL HANDLING. DEFENSE LOOKED PRETTY GOOD TOO.

jUST COULDN'T PUT THE OLD PUMPKIN IN THE BASKET OFEN

ENOUGH TO PULL OUT THE WIN. NOT THE CAV'S FAULT,

HAWKS JUST WERE COLD IN THEIR SHOOTING.

From the looks of the box score Boozer dominated down low - which he should given the competition. Dickau continues to shoot well. Since they lost to a team that has 4 lottery picks in the starting lineup (th only other starter being Boozer!) I don't think the loss should be hard to take. That Cavs lineup is one that they will actually use during the regular season.

As far as players making the Hawks regular season roster, I think Dickau, Boris and Hansen are givens, the surprise might be Holman. Seems like a good shotblocker, but probably needs to but on 20 pounds.

Watching Diaw you can tell his understanding of the game is high. He sees passes that a PG would, and he delivers them no problem. Even while going to the basket he sees people well. He defintiley has to get stronger so he can finish on the NBA level. Diaw basically won't shoot unless he is going towards the basket. If he is on the perimeter he will look to pentrate or pass even if he is open. I think he does this because of the system he played under in France, and he is not that great at shooting yet.

Defensively he seems to understand his assignments, but needs to adjust to the speed of the NBA. He gets caught sliding his feet to slowly and gets blown by sometimes.

From what I have seen of Diaw I like. He has a lot to work on but if he does he shoule be a great player.

On a side not Lebron James is sick. His first step is so quick and powerful its just sick. His court vision makes its seem like he is in the matrix. Hansen guarded him but I did not see Diaw guard him at all. I only watched the first half, but I taped it so I''ll watch the rest today.

Hansen must be a pretty good defender as he made LeBron work for the points he got. He held him to around 33% shooting from the field. LeBron's ability to make those around him better is what makes him special. He can shoot the ball poorly and still pick up 6 assists and 9 rebounds. It will be interesting to see how he physically holds up against NBA starters and guys like McGrady and Bryant. Will he get the chippy calls he got in this game?

Diaw is really a lot like Scottie Pippen. That comparison does fit. I think people forget that Pippen was a terrible shooter who could pretty much only dunk when he came into the league, but he was a very good defender and had a keen sense for the game. Pippen turned out to be the ultimate role player.

From the looks of it, it doesn't look like Diaw is ready to start, but you can see the potential in him. It just makes it even more important to get a good coaching staff in place that can get players like Diaw to realize their ability and work on the things they don't do so well.

DD reminds me so much of Mark Price it isn't even funny. He is a very deceptive player when it comes to speed and quickness, and he is often changing gears when needed which really confuses defenders just like Mark Price did. They both have flash to there game,(DD threw three lobs-1 completed and two were dropped) both love the 3 point shot and are good at it, and both are very crafty and decisive. He is fearless and relentless, and he definitely looks FASTER than last year.

Boris Diaw is so ironic. His game is nowhere near the traditional style Euro player. Unlike Europeans, he is very athletic and plays solid defense. unlike many Euros he can't shoot! But none the less, he is a very solid rookie to be who can play all three perimiter positions.

T. Hansen- he is better version of Jon Barry. He is athletic, plays good defense, has range on the jumper and has a nice fade away in the lane. He also is a smart player. By the way, he was named co-defensive player of the conference, sharing this title with.....Marcus Banks. Pretty impressive.

Bron got a lot of help from the officials. All and all I think we did well against him. I mean, the Cavs have Miles, Boozer, Wagner, and LeBron starting in the summer league. These are 4 of their starters in the regular season. I think we did very well.