• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Avery Johnson

Frenzy

Quote:

Im worried about game 6 right now.

I don't get responses like this. Are you Mike Woodson or something? Are you really too busy thinking about game 6 to consider if someone would be a good fit at coach next year? If so I'd suggest taking a few deep breathes.

His teams focus on playing tenacious D then having those misses or TO's turn into easy baskets on the other end. Sounds like a perfect fit doesnt it. Dont forget his team won 67 games and he was the coach of the year just a little ways back. We would really become a force in the east with him at the helm a CONSISTANT shooter and a bruizer off the bench.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Would Avery Johnson be a good fit as our coach?

The more I have watched this series, the more I think Mike Fratello would be a perfect coach for our Hawks.

We need a coach who can have that same fire that AJ has but at the same time can raise the BBIQ of our young players. I think everyone realizes how talented we are... now it's just a case of molding the youth.

I think he would bring a level of professionalism to the team that Woody lacks. Showed a picture of Woody last nigft and he looked lost. Just don't think he instills the confidence that a young team needs. My fear is this run will save his job. That would be tragic.

• Premium Member

Quote:

I think he would bring a level of professionalism to the team that Woody lacks. Showed a picture of Woody last nigft and he looked lost. Just don't think he instills the confidence that a young team needs. My fear is this run will save his job. That would be tragic.

I don't think so.

Johnson has had one of the better teams in the game and he has 2 first round knockouts. That's why he was fired. Woody has done better with less. I think where the difference is is that Johnson knows structure better, but his in-game ... I don't know.

I didn't know if Fratello still had it, but I kinda heard something last night. I think if we offered him the job, he'd be happy to take it. He knows that he can mold Smoove into Kemp. He knows what he can do with JJ.

Quote:

His teams focus on playing tenacious D then having those misses or TO's turn into easy baskets on the other end. Sounds like a perfect fit doesnt it. Sounds like Mike Woodson Jr.

Quote:

Quote:

Im worried about game 6 right now.

I don't get responses like this. Are you Mike Woodson or something? Are you really too busy thinking about game 6 to consider if someone would be a good fit at coach next year? If so I'd suggest taking a few deep breathes. No but this is a topic that is an offseason or mid season topic. Our season is not over yet. We are in a playoff series.