• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Iron Man opens at 104 million!

Plainview1981

http://movies.yahoo.com/mv/news/ap/2008050...0993390000.html

Marvel turns 'Iron Man' into gold with $100M-plus debut

Sunday May 4 1:45 PM ET

"Iron Man" was pure gold at the box office.

The Marvel Comics adaptation, starring Robert Downey Jr. as the guy in the metal suit, hauled in $100.7 million during its opening weekend and $104.2 million since debuting Thursday night, the second-best premiere ever for a nonsequel, according to studio estimates Sunday.

The film also scored overseas with $96.7 million in 57 countries where it began opening Wednesday, putting its worldwide total at $201 million.

ADVERTISEMENT

The movie, distributed by Paramount, is the first release by Marvel Studios, which has begun financing its own productions after such studio-backed hits as the "Spider-Man," "X-Men" and "Fantastic Four" flicks.

• Admin

I thought it was awesome. To me it was easily on par with Batman Begins as my favorite superhero/comic movie of this generation. I was never an Iron Man fan either, in fact I thought the character to be kind of dumb, but the movie was fantastic. Enough story to care, great action, great acting, 9/10.

• Admin

oh yah I saw it..I knew going in to wait through the end credits. It's cool that they're doing that, but sam jackson? ugh.. i'm so tired of seeing him play Sam Jackson in every movie. Hey look, sam jackson in a jedi robe, hey look, Sam Jackson on a plane full of snakes, hey look, sam jackson with an eye patch...