• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Season's over before it started.

Playmaker0017

I'm sorry, I am extremely disappointed with the state of the franchise.

Sure, we have some young talent. I think Boris is going to develop into a strong role player. A Toni Kukoc type.

But, we needed to get on the ball, and not doing so is going to doom the season.

With the joke of the offseason my Crimson Tide had... now the Hawks.... I just don't know why I bother.

Play.

• Premium Member

Play,

I wouldn't be so down yet.

I think our draft was not the strongest it could have been but I don't think that there is a lot in FAcy for us. I believe that the best way for us to improve is via TRADE.

When you look over the FAs we missed out on...

Areanas = JT.

Miller, would have been nice but there was no way we could have afforded him.

Olowakhandi - NO.

Oneal - No Chance.

Maggette - Hmm? I don't see him being worth what he's getting.

Pippen would have been nice but he's old.

Odom might be a player we can use but I don't see the Clipps and Miami letting him go.

There's a whole list of others but the point is that none of them would have made us much better.

My newest thought is that with or without JT, we should go after Derrick Anderson. I think he's the SG for Our future.

My thought:

JT/Nazr to Miami.

Grant to PTL.

Patterson to Memphis

Anderson/Knight to Atlanta...

With which we would have:

Knight/Dickau

Anderson/Hanson

Grob/Diaw/CC

SAR/Hendu

Theo/

With room for 2 players.

Maybe Elden Campbell at BU C.

I would like to echo diesel's sentiments. It is easy to get really frustrated, believe me I do as well; however, you have to realize we were never going to be a big player in FA. With the way the market is squaring, it makes the most sense for a team as cap strapped as the Hawks to wait and see what bargins are out there towards the end. We were never going to make a big splash, and I am not really convinved that it would make sense trading until teams set themselves with at least the "big" free agents. Once they know what they have, perhaps then things will be more solid and we can move forward with trades. In the end, I agree that trades are a main option. Having said that, with the right pieces, this team could be better this year with only limited additions.

• Premium Member

Well if you are talking about Role players... I believe they will be there.

Part of the reasons I bench crashed was because of DJ's injury.

Serously. DIon turned out to be a 14 ppg player in the last few months. Imagine him coming off the bench.

I think Ira gave a decent showing.

Nazr did OK.

Hendu was Hendu.

Our bench wasn't so bad.

Our Gaurd play overall is what hurt us.

From JT to EMail to Dickau.

Maybe Email spent too much time at SG.

Maybe Dickau was INjured.

I think that once PG is working correctly, a lot of other positions will be more productive.

IF you're talking about this year. There are still plenty of good role players left out there to get. I'm in no rush... I think Chillz SOurce was wrong about DJ. It's too many gaurds in Memphis. I think DJ and Dion will probably be available when the smoke clears.

Knight/Dickau

Anderson/Hanson

Grob/Diaw/CC

SAR/Hendu

Theo/

Anderson/Knight/Dog/Theo/hendu/CC and Dickau

that is dangerous because look at the pontienal

injury rpones.And Brevin Knight not a starting PG

in the NBA.The guy is always left open and he

never makes the shots.

I can understand going after Anderson if we give

up next to nothing...But I'd rather have JT than

him because he's a healthy player.

I don't think you can say the season is over before we play. That's why they play the game.

With the East being uncertain it seems like every year (although it is starting to improve) I see no reason why the Hawks can't make a decent run at a playoff spot. Last year we underachived (to say the least). Hopefully this year with a season under the belt for this squad as a whole we can make a run at it. Who knows, I'm hoping though.