• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

We should have drafted Josh Howard..........

lush23

For all of you B. Diaw lovers, have you noticed the numbers that Josh Howard and Marquis Daniels put up for the Dallas summer league team in LA. Howard average 21Pts/8Reb in six games. Marquis Daniels from Auburn was used at the point and at 6'6" 200lbs he was scoring at will. He was averaging 25Pts/5Reb/4.5Ast. midway through, but I can't find his final stats. I know he went for 38Pts in one game. Daniels went undrafted. While our scouts where in France, two guys that could have really helped us where right here in our backyard. By the way, has anyone told Diaw that the object of the game is to put the round ball into the piece of round steel attached to the glass with the painted square.

Josh Howard was a top guy on my list based on

some research...but this summer league games

doesn't mean a while lot....Look at Dion Glover

who now can't seem to get any intrest.

• Premium Member

I agree that Summer League means absolutely nothing....

BUT

Josh Howard was the ACC Player of the YEAR. That means that he was the best player in the best conference.

Daniels was a guy that got a lot of talk on this board. After not going after a scorer, we had to go after Hansen instead of Daniels. I would like to see the matchup between Daniels and Diaw.

I saw Howard play alot in the ACC and he DOMINATED. But I don't see him transitioning to the NBA so easily. He's not superior physically to the average NBA player lke he was in college. His knees are already beat down, and all he knows how to do is score, they didn't run a very good offense other than get out of howard's way. I think that Diaw was the better pick in the long run, and certainly a better pick given our squad. We have good scorers, but no flow to our offense.

When considering summer league stats, remember that we were 6-0 last year and Dion was MVP. Yet he doesn't even really deserve to start on an NBA team. Howard is not getting adjusted to flying across the atlantic and getting used to a new country, language, and time zone.

Give Diaw some time... He shot terribly and had uncharacteristic TOs, but led the team in assists and rebounds, and from what I heard was great both on D and as a distributor.

Diaw is not a score first player

Howard is a pure scorer

that's all those stats reflect

He's a very good athlete whose overall skills really doesn't translate into being a starter. He's one of those players that does a lot of things well, but does nothing extraordinary.

Boris Diaw does do something extraordinary though. He's got great court vision, and he may have that 6th sense that the elite point guards have. He's very much like Scottie Pippen.

Once he figures out that he won't get away with carrying the ball in the NBA and his jump shot becomes second nature, this kid is going to be very good. He can come in right now and play defense while keeping the ball movement going offensively, and that's probably why he will start at the shooting guard position on opening day.